hibs.net Messageboard

Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1449
    @hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Andy, lets be honest, they don't havea clue what they are doing, and frankly I'm not surprised STF doesn't want to waste a minute with them,, I've listen to the podcast, read the Q&A etc, its a shambles, and I'd expect a secondary pupil doing business studies to produce a better plan, the ohther option is of course it's just about ego's.
    This seems a little hysterical, to be frank. No, not every question has been answered but they have a clear concept for future ownership (the merits of which can be debated) and have just posted answers to a lot of questions in this site.

Some people think we should remain with the status quo. It seems this isn't an option, and the club itself is preparing for a scenario post STF. We can either stick our heads in the sand and wait for a new owner to be announced to us in the fullness of time, or we can engage in the debate.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Voting and board membership are different things. But, you are right in that donating to this does not get you shares or a vote at the AGM as far as I can see. The owners of those shares bought with your money would be BuyHibs and they would vote at the AGM. I haven't seen any discussion of a mechanism to make that vote representative of the membership.

Edit: I'm not sure they fully understand in their answer either the difference between voting at AGMs and board decisions - they are talking about voting on board matters and asking the membership with one vote per member. Totally impractical to do this on all board decisions. You don't tend to get much voting on board anyway, it is a collegiate decision generally.
    Looking at their pdf, BuyHibs say
    30. Who would own Hibs if you are successful? The ultimate aim is for BuyHibs own 51% of Hibs and every Fan that maintains their donations to BuyHibs will have an interest in the share ownership in a one member one vote system.
    In other words, as long as you're paying your monthly contribution then you will have one vote in BuyHibs, regardless of how much you are actually paying. Presumably that one vote will enable you to elect the directors of BuyHibs and to vote on who should be the BuyHibs directors on the Hibs board. Everything else will be decided by those elected.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

BuyHibs better get their act together and start talking to the board at Hibs or I'll be withdrawing my support.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Looking at their pdf, BuyHibs say

In other words, as long as you're paying your monthly contribution then you will have one vote in BuyHibs, regardless of how much you are actually paying. Presumably that one vote will enable you to elect the directors of BuyHibs and to vote on who should be the BuyHibs directors on the Hibs board. Everything else will be decided by those elected.
    We are having to assume things which isn't good.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    This seems a little hysterical, to be frank. No, not every question has been answered but they have a clear concept for future ownership (the merits of which can be debated) and have just posted answers to a lot of questions in this site.

Some people think we should remain with the status quo. It seems this isn't an option, and the club itself is preparing for a scenario post STF. We can either stick our heads in the sand and wait for a new owner to be announced to us in the fullness of time, or we can engage in the debate.
    That's more hysterical than the post you quoted.

They may have answered questions but not many questions have been answered.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    This was a bit lengthy for a post, so I've blogged about the BuyHibs campaign:

http://hibscomebackison.blogspot.co....#gpluscomments
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    The two aren't mutually exclusive though, and they would undoubtedly have the necessary contact with STF at the appropriate time if the sale was to proceed. A meeting with the board of the company they're proposing to take over - together with a director of the prospective selling company - would be far more productive at this stage than a meeting with the non-participating 'owner', particularly when the board have been formulating their own plans for a sale. Declining this meeting has done nothing but harm to their cause.
    like a few others, I am confused with your allegation that they are formulating bloody anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    BuyHibs better get their act together and start talking to the board at Hibs or I'll be withdrawing my support.
    it looks to me that buy hibs is in the early stages, although I have not yet looked at their website. However, they seriously do want to speak to the Owners of the club, not just the board. surely that board will have a few(some) on it who have no vote? and, who is fully in charge, and with the clout ,saying exactly what kind of money they'd expect buy hibs to come up with? surely this must be ........the owner(s)? so why lambast this group of fans trying to get a foot in the door, to try and arrest the downward spiral of our club? they have asked a question, and that is, why cant the current owner(s) meet us. surely that needs a response.? I find it strange that fellow hibs fans seem keen to kick this into touch, so early

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    like a few others, I am confused with your allegation that they are formulating bloody anything!
    They've acted as if they are and stated that they are and now they've offered a meeting to discuss a sale with BuyHibs. The way to find out if they really were is to go to the meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    it looks to me that buy hibs is in the early stages, although I have not yet looked at their website. However, they seriously do want to speak to the Owners of the club, not just the board. surely that board will have a few(some) on it who have no vote? and, who is fully in charge, and with the clout ,saying exactly what kind of money they'd expect buy hibs to come up with? surely this must be ........the owner(s)? so why lambast this group of fans trying to get a foot in the door, to try and arrest the downward spiral of our club? they have asked a question, and that is, why cant the current owner(s) meet us. surely that needs a response.? I find it strange that fellow hibs fans seem keen to kick this into touch, so early
    We keep getting told that STF is in his 70s and stinking rich and there's some talk of health problems. That means he's in a position to pay people to do what he doesn't want to do and we have to assume he doesn't want to get involved in the early stages of this campaign so he's paying Leeann Dempster and Rod Petrie to open these negotiations. At these early stages there's very little that STF could say that Rod and Leeann couldn't, but since STF is a non-participant in the club (something else we keep getting told about) those two could offer an awful lot more to the meeting than STF could.

In my view a meeting with the board is essential if this project is going to succeed and I'm surprised and disappointed that BuyHibs saw fit to decline this offer. If any of them are reading this I would urge them to reconsider.
    Last edited by Caversham Green; 22-11-2014 at 07:36 AM.

We keep getting told that STF is in his 70s and stinking rich and there's some talk of health problems.
    There are some who also appear to want him to hand over the whole kit and kaboodle for minimal, if any, reimbursement.

Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    There are some who also appear to want him to hand over the whole kit and kaboodle for minimal, if any, reimbursement.
    The thing is, he might just do that if he's convinced the right people are taking over.

And the best way to convince him is to start by convincing Rod.

The thing is, he might just do that if he's convinced the right people are taking over.

I think it's a distinct possibility, probable even, but they are going to have to show him a damn sight more than they have to date. And whether they like it or not they are going to have to deal with Rod, and if they wish to be taken seriously they need to grow a set and get on with it.
    Last edited by The Falcon; 22-11-2014 at 09:40 AM.

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar

Is there so much bad feeling between RP and and some members of BuyHibs that they can't even get round a table

I'd be intrigued to know their reason(s) for declining the meeting. Huge mistake IMO......

Quote Originally Posted by Leithenhibby View Post

Is there so much bad feeling between RP and and some members of BuyHibs that they can't even get round a table

I'd be intrigued to know their reason(s) for declining the meeting. Huge mistake IMO......
    Somebody at BuyHibs needs to rethink that decision. It's only served to divide the support they need to unite behind them.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Following on from the conversation on the PM board, here's another question for Buy Hibs.........

Does Buy Hibs still exist in the format released last week or has the militant arm split off to do their own thing?

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leithenhibby View Post
    I'd be intrigued to know their reason(s) for declining the meeting...
    Yup. Still waiting for an answer to that. Given the rumours of a "disagreement", I'm not sure there'll be one!

Coaching Staff
    Great communications eh?!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Great communications eh?!
    Surely you are not running out of patience Andy?

That's more hysterical than the post you quoted.

They may have answered questions but not many questions have been answered.
    Isn't that what I said??

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This was a bit lengthy for a post, so I've blogged about the BuyHibs campaign:

http://hibscomebackison.blogspot.co....#gpluscomments
    Good read, looking at pluses and negatives - fair enough to be sceptical at this stage.

FWIW, I think BuyHibs is more transparent than FoH, which transpired to be a vehicle for fans to fund Ann Budge's takeover. But still a lot to be answered.

Quote Originally Posted by darlingtonhibee View Post
    andy, lets be honest, they don't havea clue what they are doing,

ott

Coaching Staff
    Isn't that what I said??
    Not really, no.

You also added the unfounded stuff about not being able to keep the status quo. There's been no suggestion we need to change the owner just now.

Not really, no.

You also added the unfounded stuff about not being able to keep the status quo. There's been no suggestion we need to change the owner just now.
    Plenty on here have reported that something is afoot, and that LD has hinted as much more than once. Seems some kind of development might be lined up for the AGM.

I don't claim any insider knowledge, so feel free to dismiss anything I say as 'the unfounded stuff' if it makes you feel better.

Coaching Staff
    Plenty on here have reported that something is afoot, and that LD has hinted as much more than once. Seems some kind of development might be lined up for the AGM.

I don't claim any insider knowledge, so feel free to dismiss anything I say as 'the unfounded stuff' if it makes you feel better.
    It's not that it makes me feel better, it's that this keeps getting used as if we need to be doing something right now. We don't. If there are plans to do something then fine, we will hear what that is and I trust Sir Tom not to make it costly or difficult for normal fans.

That's very different than us needing to take action to safeguard the future of the club.

I........as if we need to be doing something right now. We don't.

Do you think it is better to be prepared, or just leave it all to the very last minute?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Do you think it is better to be prepared, or just leave it all to the very last minute?
    Prepare for what?

Prepare for what?
    You are aware of the subject matter of this thread aren't you?

It's not that it makes me feel better, it's that this keeps getting used as if we need to be doing something right now. We don't. If there are plans to do something then fine, we will hear what that is and I trust Sir Tom not to make it costly or difficult for normal fans.

That's very different than us needing to take action to safeguard the future of the club.
    I agree the timing is bad. IMO the club should focus 100% on getting promoted and nothing else til then. Yet LD has encouraged this chat by openly discussing different ownership models with fans. Not surprising people now talking about it.

If there is no change of ownership in the offing, why did our CEO organise meetings with fans to discuss ownership? Just for fun?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    You are aware of the subject matter of this thread aren't you?
    I am yes. What is that we HAVE to be preparing for?

I am yes. What is that we HAVE to be preparing for?
    Succession to the current ownership. (duh)