hibs.net Messageboard

Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1449
    Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree the timing is bad. IMO the club should focus 100% on getting promoted and nothing else til then. Yet LD has encouraged this chat by openly discussing different ownership models with fans. Not surprising people now talking about it.

If there is no change of ownership in the offing, why did our CEO organise meetings with fans to discuss ownership? Just for fun?
    She was asked this at the meetings.

She said that it was as a result of the approaches and the protests so she wanted to ask us what our plans were and what we wanted. At no point did she say that this was needed. In fact she said that the position was the same as it has always been. The owner is not looking to sell and wills only do so if an offer is in the best interests of the club.

What is happening now is a lot of talk on here about us having to actively do something. I'm asking why.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Succession to the current ownership. (duh)
    Hard work this. So you know we have to be doing something about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I'm asking why.

The style of the current ownership doesn't work AND nothing lasts forever.

Hard work this. So you know we have to be doing something about this?
    I don't know we do but I think it's better than sitting on your hands waiting for improvement.

The style of the current ownership doesn't work AND nothing lasts forever.
    Is it the ownership model that's the problem or the series of poor managerial appointments we made? (Several of those appointments were welcomed by the fans including the most disastrous one of all, Butcher.)
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Is it the ownership model that's the problem or the series of poor managerial appointments we made?
    Who made the appointments?

(Several of those appointments were welcomed by the fans including the most disastrous one of all, Butcher.)
    Part of the problem, looking on here to see who the fans would like.

Coaching Staff

Not the owner!

Not the owner!
    (and you think I'm hard work) - I said ownership model.

Petrie made the appointments and he should have been long gone. He doesn't have that power now though, LD does and she seems to have found us a decent manager this time around.
    My point about the fans backing several of those appointments was to point out that having fans in charge may have ended up with the same result.

Coaching Staff
    (and you think I'm hard work) - I said ownership model.
    You did. Which means the owner. Who didn't make the managerial appointments.

Yet you want the fans to be in charge? Lol

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    When does the buck ever stop at the top at Easter Road?

OK. You win. Great point you have their (look there's a typo you can get all pedantic about.)

I take it all back, Ton Farmer and Rod Petrie have never made any mistakes in their lives and we never, ever have to worry about what will happen to Hibs in the future as both of them will live forever and ever (like in a fairy tale) and will carry on taking to Hibs to further glory as they have done during the whole tenure.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    When does the buck ever stop at the top at Easter Road?
    It's very rare for a buck to stop with the shareholder or shareholders to be fair.

The Chairman should be gone though, no doubt about that.

Coaching Staff
    OK. You win. Great point you have their (look there's a typo you can get all pedantic about.)

I take it all back, Ton Farmer and Rod Petrie have never made any mistakes in their lives and we never, ever have to worry about what will happen to Hibs in the future as both of them will live forever and ever (like in a fairy tale) and will carry on taking to Hibs to further glory as they have done during the whole tenure.
    I think you know, maybe you don't, that I am making a specific point about the recent posts which all refer to us having to do something because ownership is going to change anyway one way or another. That's not true. What you are talking about is performance in the running of the company. That's a different conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilla Black View Post
    Yet you want the fans to be in charge? Lol
    No where have I said that and nowhere will you ever see me say that.

Jumping in with little snipes and jokes doesn't add anything to this discussion but I'm not expecting those who are doing so to stop as it seems that is all they have to add.

Fan ownership doesn't mean the fans will be making all the decisions.

No where have I said that and nowhere will you ever see me say that.

Jumping in with little snipes and jokes doesn't add anything to this discussion but I'm not expecting those who are doing so to stop as it seems that is all they have to add.

Fan ownership doesn't mean the fans will be making all the decisions.
    Very good, although I can't say I've found anything you've written to be helpful. So we would have boardroom members making the decisions?

Very good, although I can't say I've found anything you've written to be helpful.
    Weird it's reciprocal, eh.

So we would have boardroom members making the decisions?
    We should have someone with some leadership skills making decisions. Which would be a novel attribute around the Hibs boardroom.

Unless you prefer someone looking on here for guidance and panicking every 11 months trying to cover bad decision after bad decision (see it's easy to put words in people's mouths) .

Weird it's reciprocal, eh.

We should have someone with some leadership skills making decisions. Which would be a novel attribute around the Hibs boardroom.

Unless you prefer someone looking on here for guidance and panicking every 11 months trying to cover bad decision after bad decision (see it's easy to put words in people's mouths) .
    Sorry. It's just been very difficult to understand what you're saying as every time you say something you then say you've not said it. For that reason, I'm out! Cheers.

You don't think Dempster has leadership skills?

Sorry.
    Apology accepted.

It's just been very difficult to understand what you're saying as every time you say something you then say you've not said it. For that reason, I'm out! Cheers.
    Bye-bye.

What would we (or our appointed representatives) have done different? You are never going to please everybody but Butcher (and his entourage) were generally welcomed as good appointments.

Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    What would we (or our appointed representatives) have done different? You are never going to please everybody but Butcher (and his entourage) were generally welcomed as good appointments.
    It doesn't really matter what I would have done or not.

The perception exists that several of RP's appointments were made on the back of opinion on Hibs message boards. If he did make decisions on the back of that then it's merely indicative of his lack of skills. On the other trying to make excuses for his decisions by saying "it's what the fans wanted" is a weak argument on his behalf, as it highlights his lack of leadership all the same.

For what it's worth I never wanted Williamson, Mixu, Collins or Butcher. Fenlon, Mowbray and Calderwood arrived without any hype on here so don't really count towards that argument.

Left by mutual consent!
    She was asked this at the meetings.

She said that it was as a result of the approaches and the protests so she wanted to ask us what our plans were and what we wanted. At no point did she say that this was needed. In fact she said that the position was the same as it has always been. The owner is not looking to sell and wills only do so if an offer is in the best interests of the club.

What is happening now is a lot of talk on here about us having to actively do something. I'm asking why.
    Did you go to the 3 meetings then mate?

The perception exists that several of RP's appointments were made on the back of opinion on Hibs message boards. If he did make decisions on the back of that then it's merely indicative of his lack of skills. On the other trying to make excuses for his decisions by saying "it's what the fans wanted" is a weak argument on his behalf, as it highlights his lack of leadership all the same.

For what it's worth I never wanted Williamson, Mixu, Collins or Butcher. Fenlon, Mowbray and Calderwood arrived without any hype on here so don't really count towards that argument.
    I hope you don't think that was what I was saying.
    There are no excuses for the appointments that Petrie made, he got many of them horribly wrong. My point was we can't blame the ownership model for that. I think change is needed and I do like the idea of a 49/51 ownership model but I am not so sure it is suitable for a club in the Scottish league.
    FWIW I didn't want Williamson or Hughes and was luke warm to the appointments of Fenlon and Mowbray. I wanted Collins and Mixu who I think we got rid of too quickly. Calderwood arrived when I was on holiday and my first reaction was to thank Sauzee it wasn't Jimmy Calderwood. I thought Butcher was a great appointment. (Now typing his name is enough to make me angry.) We'd probably be playing non-league football now if I had the power to appoint managers.

Sorry to choose your post to reply to Andy, but I had to start somewhere....

A very large number of Hibs Fans want Petrie out the Club (as evidenced by the protest and surveys). While STF still owns the Club, Petrie is untouchable.

That in itself is enough reason for at least some people to desire a change of ownership.

Disclaimer: I'm not in any way promoting BuyHibs or any other group, just adding a PoV to that particular discussion.

@hibs.net private member

Fan Buy Out Launched/BuyHibs

In who's mind is this perception, certainly not mine or anyone I know. Oh, hang on I recall the pages of clamour for Mowbray and Fenlon... This feels like hindsight creating a new truth....

Petrie has made some stinking decisions , a number of them were fully supported on here at the time , others less so ....I don't believe many think that he comes on here for advice ...feel free to mount a good case for change - but surely this isn't one ?
    Last edited by bigwheel; 22-11-2014 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Sorry to choose your post to reply to Andy, but I had to start somewhere....

A very large number of Hibs Fans want Petrie out the Club (as evidenced by the protest and surveys). While STF still owns the Club, Petrie is untouchable.

That in itself is enough reason for at least some people to desire a change of ownership.

Disclaimer: I'm not in any way promoting BuyHibs or any other group, just adding a PoV to that particular discussion.
    Good point. Petrie's very presence at the club whether deserved or not creates mistrust. BuyHibs would probably not even have got this far if he had been removed as most of us seem to believe he should be.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Good point. Petrie's very presence at the club whether deserved or not creates mistrust. BuyHibs would probably not even have got this far if he had been removed as most of us seem to believe he should be.
    And its also a point many folk have pointed out over the years, Petrie is untouchable and the only way to get rid of him was to target the owner.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    In who's mind is this perception, certainly not mine or anyone I know. Oh, hang on I recall the pages of clamour for Mowbray and Fenlon... This feels like hindsight creating a new truth....
    Read the boards, there are posts on here for years which claim "aye but, it's what the fans wanted" whenever someone criticises RP. Not making a "new truth" or myth. The posts are around. The perception exits.