hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Left by mutual consent! Stuarty27's Avatar
    That's the coldest I think I have ever been at a football match, could hardly walk at the end!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not claiming he is rubbish at crosses, haven't seen enough of the boy to comment either way, I originally posted that I had only seen him in pre-season and asked if anyone else had any further info on him. reply was that he is a good shot-stopper but if he had a weakness it was cross balls. Moments later Cowdenbeath send over a cross and score. I then stated that the poster appeared correct in his opinion. Can you please tell me just where in that summary or ANY post I have made about the boy which says he is rubbish at catching crosses ? Geez you ask a question and some folk are only too happy to turn it into an argument.
    Brutal to have a go at Frank. I was the one who gave the opinion about his ability or confidence to come for crosses. I stand by it ! I've seen him several times and I would say it is his weakness in his game.

Whether he could have got the cross today or not, Frank wasn't at the game. So you can't judge his judgement of my opinion... Jeez...

@hibs.net private member
    Not long back, soaked to the skin. Anyone who moans at the prices at Easter Road should realise we paid £18 to stand in an open terracing watching a game through a fence whilst Cowdenbeath supporters got to sit in a stand under cover for the same money. To cap it all "The Best of British" pie stand only had a kettle which meant it took 20 minutes to get a cup of tea and a lookwarm pie for £3.

Good win for Hibs in awful conditions though.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I don't think we were in any danger at any time in the match. They lumped long balls up in the last 15 and we dealt with them. We could have and probably should have scored another couple. Job done. Tougher one next week but need to win at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Why were you held up
    Massive delays on the trains down south because of a signal failure near Lancaster. Had everything gone to plan I'd have been in Cowdenbeath for 1pm! On for my earliest ever arrival at Wigan now as we managed to get the 16:57 straight after the game and then a delayed train South that arrived at Haymarket at 17:50 instead of 16:50! Fair to say I'll be glad when today is over!

Was amazed how many people were leaving the ground when I was just arriving.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Only a 1/4 of the old stand was used by Cowdenbeath supporters, yet we get none of the stand
    My dad who can't stand missed his 1st match of the season due to this. Been told this decision was made by the police???

Not a great second half from our boys, It looked like they did not fancy the conditions much. Given the non stop rain a great effort from most supporters to make it to the end.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    Massive delays on the trains down south because of a signal failure near Lancaster. Had everything gone to plan I'd have been in Cowdenbeath for 1pm! On for my earliest ever arrival at Wigan now as we managed to get the 16:57 straight after the game and then a delayed train South that arrived at Haymarket at 17:50 instead of 16:50! Fair to say I'll be glad when today is over!

Was amazed how many people were leaving the ground when I was just arriving.
    Unlucky you, did you pack a change of clothes?

Unlucky you, did you pack a change of clothes?
    Nah, hoping to slowly dry out on the train! Thankfully I'm travelling up on Friday for the QoS game so should make kick off this time!

Coaching Staff
    I wasn't at the game today through choice, the ground is a tip and many of Fife's junior grounds show it up. I watched the water running down the street outside my house in Kirkcaldy and thought maybe there should be just a little more appreciation as to how fine a stadium we now have in ER, because the days of grounds li, ke central park are well passed their sell buy date.

Only a 1/4 of the old stand was used by Cowdenbeath supporters, yet we get none of the stand
    My dad who can't stand missed his 1st match of the season due to this. Been told this decision was made by the police???
    My memory might be playing tricks on me, but reading the above post brought to mind a match at ER some years ago when the away supporters, who were getting absolutely drowned in the open Dunbar end, were allowed into the old South Stand? Can't remember who Hibs were playing that day, but it was a team with a small travelling support.
    Last edited by emerald green; 10-11-2014 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Typo