hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: HFC remembers

I have never seen 'our boys' as anything other than the 3 M's which is ''missionaries,mercenaries and murderers'' as the armed forces attract a diverse collection of very brave decent people to career soldiers to some utter filth.

Rather indifferent to the Hibs iniative to be honest.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have never seen 'our boys' as anything other than the 3 M's which is ''missionaries,mercenaries and murderers'' as the armed forces attract a diverse collection of very brave decent people to career soldiers to some utter filth.

Rather indifferent to the Hibs iniative to be honest.
    Utterly disgraceful post. There's been some serious ***** been posted on this thread, but that's just plain offenisve and I am reporting it as such.

Have a word with yourself FFS

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's a shame. Now I know we are concentrating on WWI right now but let's put this is perspective here. War-time does not have or respect football bias but if we must go down that route let's see how many specifically Hibs related tragedies we can come up with . I'll start the ball rolling with three:

WWI - Many hundreds of serving soldier Hibs fans were involved and killed in the troop-train disaster at Gretna.

WWII - Prolific Hibs striker Patrick Donoghue (My wife's grandfather) gave up his football to enlist as a rear gunner in the RAF. Statistically one of the shortest life expectancy positions in any posting. Yes, he too died in action.

WWII - My father, to be fair not a football supporter at all but who took my brother and myself along to ER as children, was seriously wounded suffering life changing injuries in Sicily 1943.

I think we need to get real about the attitudes we adopt sometimes and engage the brain a little more before attacking the keyboard. There are very good reasons to remember the bravery and sacrifice of all people caught up in wars. That is what remembrance is about, not narrow minded or with a fixed focus. So make it whatever you want it to be, just don't be so dismissive of the feelings and convictions of others.
    I may be completely wrong on this but I was told previously that there were 3 Hibs players on the gretna train as well as the hundreds of hibs fans. No doubt someone will confirm one way or the other shortly. On the comment about Rangers fans though it clearly never crossed the mind of the person posting it that they may be Hibs fans who read this forum.
    Last edited by Argylehibby; 05-11-2014 at 11:05 AM.

Right folks, this one has run its course.