hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stay away fans

Quote Originally Posted by capitals_finest View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It has all been said before, supporters can only take so many kicks to the bollocse before you remove your bollocse from the firing line. Whether you agree or disagree with the stay away supporters, the fact is long lasting damage has been done...
    This is it and it's why We've lost a good amount of fans.Last season was awful.Only needing a few points out of the last 10 or so games to survive and not getting them was pathetic.Fans have gone and the fans who remain are still very angry.We only need one bad defeat and it's back to crisis on here.
    The new regime don't really deserve this as we have really played some cracking football lately, best in the championship imo but it has taken a while to get going.
    Only the club can win back the fans.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    This is it and it's why We've lost a good amount of fans.Last season was awful.Only needing a few points out of the last 10 or so games to survive and not getting them was pathetic.Fans have gone and the fans who remain are still very angry.We only need one bad defeat and it's back to crisis on here.
    The new regime don't really deserve this as we have really played some cracking football lately, best in the championship imo but it has taken a while to get going.
    Only the club can win back the fans.
    spot on. While one a Hibby always a Hibby many have chosen to check the results at home. I can understand that. To my mind the real damage of 30 odd years of under-performance is that we are losing the under 20's. Can't have been much fun being a Hibs fan at school these last few years and it seems to me while we still have a very decent support it is ageing. A few decent seasons will reverse this but we need those seasons......and quickly

Quote Originally Posted by johnrebus View Post
    I have not seen Hibs since 19th May 2012.

Will not be back until Petrie and Farmer are gone.

When that happens, I will follow the club home and away, even if it's in the Lowland League.

Testimonial Due capitals_finest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Islington Hibs View Post
    spot on. While one a Hibby always a Hibby many have chosen to check the results at home. I can understand that. To my mind the real damage of 30 odd years of under-performance is that we are losing the under 20's. Can't have been much fun being a Hibs fan at school these last few years and it seems to me while we still have a very decent support it is ageing. A few decent seasons will reverse this but we need those seasons......and quickly
    Depressing as it is there is a generation of supporters that have only known the club to be completely gash with no ambition from its leadership.

First Team Breakthrough
    That's very true. Football is part of family life for many people and a tradition of going with your dad and then taking your son. There is no way i would give up my seat for that reason. This is what i do to spend time with my boy.

Last year i faced the genuine situation of my 7 year saying "Look dad, hibs are terrible. They always lose. They don't score goals. Why can't we follow celtic?" Then his mum saying "Of course you can. You can support whatever team you like." There's no way that would happen but I felt like going back to easter road and strangling butcher myself.

Hibs HAVE TO entertain as well as win. Thank god we are starting to do that. I think its safe now to say to everyone to please come back, its going to be exciting at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by macd123 View Post
    That's very true. Football is part of family life for many people and a tradition of going with your dad and then taking your son. There is no way i would give up my seat for that reason. This is what i do to spend time with my boy.

Last year i faced the genuine situation of my 7 year saying "Look dad, hibs are terrible. They always lose. They don't score goals. Why can't we follow celtic?" Then his mum saying "Of course you can. You can support whatever team you like." There's no way that would happen but I felt like going back to easter road and strangling butcher myself.

Hibs HAVE TO entertain as well as win. Thank god we are starting to do that. I think its safe now to say to everyone to please come back, its going to be exciting at the very least.
    Agree- while these things are family traditions they can die. Most people want a bloody good day out with some friends/ family with entertainment, excitement and decent banter. Lets hope the recent uptick in performances last and we can give the next generation something to be proud of.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by macd123 View Post

Very similar to the conversation in our house except it's me asking the question to my 20 year old son.

So true, I spent my teens watching the Tornadoes. In those days there wasn't much alternatives to watching football on a Saturday but when I ask my son if he wants to go to the match I often get a "no thanks, dad". However as he is a greedy wee barsteward he is always susceptible to a bribe to come along.

It worries me that at least one generation of supporters is lost due to what is being offered up.