hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stay away fans

First Team Breakthrough

Stay away fans

I know you have reason to not come after the last couple of years but come back! You are missing some really good stuff.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Here here...if we can just start winning the fans will return, some of the play over the last few games has been the best in a very very long time.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here here...if we can just start winning the fans will return, some of the play over the last few games has been the best in a very very long time.

Definitely. Ironic we got more supporters watching the worst football in the club s history under butcher than we do now under stubbs. Allan and mcgeouch alone are worth the admission fee.

This is slowly turning into a team worth watching, we were very good on Sunday ...... tonight we were better. If this keeps up you will certainly not be able to complain about not getting value for money.

We could, if things keep on this course, have a team worthy of our support.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This is slowly turning into a team worth watching, we were very good on Sunday ...... tonight we were better. If this keeps up you will certainly not be able to complain about not getting value for money.

We could, if things keep on this course, have a team worthy of our support.

I couldn't go tonight as I was working but kept an eye on the match updates thread. You say we were better tonight but the 3 goals were defensive howlers according to the match updates thread.

While I agree we were better on Sunday than we have been, we need to stop shipping the goals and actually close games out and get wins. I agree about trying to get fans back but until we are winning games and putting points on the board and challenging the top two in the league it's going to be difficult to convince them.

Its a case of once bitten twice with some fans I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I couldn't go tonight as I was working but kept an eye on the match updates thread. You say we were better tonight but the 3 goals were defensive howlers according to the match updates thread.

While I agree we were better on Sunday than we have been, we need to stop shipping the goals and actually close games out and get wins. I agree about trying to get fans back but until we are winning games and putting points on the board and challenging the top two in the league it's going to be difficult to convince them.

You are over analysing things. We weren't expected to win this game but we gave it our all. Right to the bitter end. This is on the back of other positive performances. We are building something good here. It is time to back the team.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    You are over analysing things. We weren't expected to win this game but we gave it our all. Right to the bitter end. This is on the back of other positive performances. We are building something good here. It is time to back the team.

I do. I've got a season ticket and travel to most away games.

@hibs.net private member ...WentToMowAnSPL's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: satvis1
    I've got a season ticket but working in Houston! Kept up to date on Twitter and respect to the team and support tonight #GGTTH
    "At the end of the day, we all aspire to bigger things in our lives but one thing I can truly say from my heart is if I never kick a ball for one of these bigger clubs I would be delighted to stay with Hibs for the rest of my career. That's how highly I regard this club." Ivan Sproule

Well the glory hunters who only come out at cup finals are missing out.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    To not go and see Hibs at the next home game would be similar to ignoring Jessica Alba inviting you to come into her room.

G, hibs were fantastic tonight! Ok, some bad defending but remember United are filled with pace and flair. Our defence stood up really well for the most part and all of extra time. Best I have seen for a long, long while and the fans responded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasnt there because I am off on my hols this morning. Sounded like a cracker though.

Quote Originally Posted by macd123 View Post
    I know you have reason to not come after the last couple of years but come back! You are missing some really good stuff.
    Very true,league games will not be as open as last night but if the team puts in that effort every week the fans will come back

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    I'm afraid the fans I know that are staying away, are doing so because of Petrie and have vowed not to return until he's away. Personally I cannae help myself and end up going no matter how we play. So last night was like a wee bonus for me. Getting the feeling I used to get at ER, buzzing while walking along Hawkhill Ave after the game. if Petrie goes a lot of people would come back its that simple.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    To not go and see Hibs at the next home game shift be similar to ignoring Jessica Alba inviting you to come into her room.
    I'm not falling for that again. Done my back in last time helping her shift that damned dressing table!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    I'm not falling for that again. Done my back in last time helping her shift that damned dressing table!
    You too!!

She's a wee rascal.

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    Well the glory hunters who only come out at cup finals are missing out.
    I think you'll find that those who absented themselves from last night's fantastic performance would be banging on the ticket office door this morning if we'd made it to the semis.And filling up the forum with complaints about not enough tickets on general sale.

Their loss

Quote Originally Posted by khib70 View Post
    I think you'll find that those who absented themselves from last night's fantastic performance would be banging on the ticket office door this morning if we'd made it to the semis.And filling up the forum with complaints about not enough tickets on general sale.

Their loss
    Not all of them. I was working until 8pm last night and am a ST holder.

Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    Not all of them. I was working until 8pm last night and am a ST holder.
    Didn't mean people in your situation mate. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by khib70 View Post
    Didn't mean people in your situation mate. Sorry.
    Let you off then

Coaching Staff
    I think fans have to get behind the positivity the last few games have been generating and encourage fans who haven't attended rather than go down the cynical route............ships sailing in the same direction and all that.

It goes without saying the fans have had a few right kicks in the teeth in recent years.......but the core fanbase is still there and we just need to spread the word that this side is evolving into a very watchable and more importantly, very cohesive and united team. You'll definitely get commitment, you'll get some skill thrown in, you'll see goals, and you'll now see good young talent starting to gain belief. Ingredients are all there - I'll keep saying though, for every game like last night, along the way, due to inconsistency, there will be an Alloa away. Our aim will be to be playing this brand and kind of football at the business end of the season when things get interesting.

On last night's evidence, no one will want to play Hibs in any sort of play-off or cup tie. We might even win the league, who knows

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    I'm afraid the fans I know that are staying away, are doing so because of Petrie and have vowed not to return until he's away. Personally I cannae help myself and end up going no matter how we play. So last night was like a wee bonus for me. Getting the feeling I used to get at ER, buzzing while walking along Hawkhill Ave after the game. if Petrie goes a lot of people would come back its that simple.
    I'd like Petrie gone but to not go to matches because of it is pathetic. I don't actually believe there are many people who genuinely do this.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I'd like Petrie gone but to not go to matches because of it is pathetic. I don't actually believe there are many people who genuinely do this.
    I genuinely do, the feeling of antipathy toward Petrie is palpable and I know many who feel this way. I think this will diminish when we start winning consistently, which is going to happen. Football fans are fickle and change their mind easily, remember what this board was like a few weeks ago

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I know 2 people who wont be back while he is at the club, and both dont come on here or manage to see much of the games other than the live ones on telly. In fact one of them is is Australia at the moment and the other went out on Sunday with his wife and Grandchild rather than watch the derby.

They won't be back and are not missing it at all, its become a lot easier for them to not go to games now.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

He's been the dominant figure over the past decade but the club is bigger than any individual. Fans should continue to voice their opinions on his continued involvement but the team needs as much support as possible.

Never understand the Petrie stuff - he's STF's man so surely their anger should be along the lines of "I wont return while he's the owner".
    I don't support Petrie, I don't support Farmer, I support Hibs and I'll be buggered if I'm going to stop watching them because of some suit. If people want to watch a very good, entertaining Hibs team then they should go to the games and stop the pathetic excuses.
    When the football's rank, it is hard to motivate yourself, but that excuse, thankfully has sailed.

What was the last game we won at ER?

The goal where Oxley saved at the forwards feet was unfortunate, the ball broke for Utd and Stevenson was unlucky that his challenge didn't clear the ball. The 3rd Utd goal could have been defended better, but once again Stevenson was on the line and a bit unlucky that he couldn't header it away.

Nobody is pretending Hibs are perfect, but when we are in possession of the ball we are playing some really good stuff from the back out. It is no surprise that our best performances are coming in games where the opposition are prepared to come out and play, the trick now is to find a way around packed defences. The spirit in the team at the moment is obvious though and the last fortnight has been very, very encouraging.

As for the Petrie situation .... Nobody wants him gone more than me, hell I even came up from the Borders to attend the protest, but I support Hibs and can think of better ways to protest than not going to games.

Quote Originally Posted by mim View Post
    What was the last game we won at ER?
    Yeh ... but luck, or lack of it, has been a factor. A pen crossing the line and not given and a 35 yard wonder strike turned two wins into draws. Last night it was penalties .. a lottery which we lost.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by macd123 View Post
    i'll 2nd that! get your ***** back, we are playing some good football at the moment and heading in the right direction IMO