hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The fans tonight

Would just like to praise the fans in the east tonight for singing almost the entire game,well done guys and girls,it really does make such a difference

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by weonlywon6-2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would just like to praise the fans in the east tonight for singing almost the entire game,well done guys and girls,it really does make such a difference
    Fantastic effort and a fantastic, positive atmosphere but as others have said it's a pity there were not more Hibbies present to witness a cracking display
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member ano hibby's Avatar
    Yes well done you guys created an excellent atmosphere.
    Completely out sung a very big but very quiet United support.
    "We've also been unsure about what has happened to the receipts of the players who have been sold."
    George Foulkes BBC website 20/3/08

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Fantastic effort and a fantastic, positive atmosphere but as others have said it's a pity there were not more Hibbies present to witness a cracking display
    .....Proud of the team,Proud of the support,but,how bloody cauld was it tonight?

Did Utd have much of a support tonight?

United had a big support but pretty quiet

Quote Originally Posted by gogsfaeleith View Post
    .....Proud of the team,Proud of the support,but,how bloody cauld was it tonight?
    The secret is layers. I had so many layers on, I had to do a striptease to get into my car after the game, but I wasn't cold during it. Too exciting to be cold!

Quote Originally Posted by gordieboy View Post
    Did Utd have much of a support tonight?
    Aye, couple of thousand.

None of the miserable boogers clapped the Hibs lassies after their 10 second challenge though

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbiesandtheBaddies View Post
    Aye, couple of thousand.

None of the miserable boogers clapped the Hibs lassies after their 10 second challenge though
    Biggest united support ive ever seen at ER.

Top marks to the fans, far more positive, much prefer that to the terry butcher style of support of telling players they are rubbish

Excellent that the players got a good reception going off... If we continue to play like that we will do ok this season

Great effort from all tonight, everyone playing their part most importantly the team and the drummer and lads continuing to get the songs going, class act and great to be part of.

Beaten tonight but only just.....hopefully the turning point for every one of us Hibbies.

GGTTH

Utd 90% filled the bottom tier and maybe a hundred up above

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Atmosphere was brilliant. Really glad i moved over to the East this season.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

First Team Breakthrough
    well done to dundee united for an impressive turn out

The fans were great tonight and it doesn't hurt in the slightest that Hibs just never gave up ... if you give the fans something to shout about they will respond in spades, which they did.

Wee tip o' the hat to the Utd fans great turn out from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    If we play like that more often the fans will come back in decent numbers

Ive said it before, these days the best atmospheres are when we get lower attendances. I think we have about 12000 who 'think about' going to ER every week. There are 8000 die hards that always go to games, generally support the team, and 4000 others that sometimes attend depending on personal circumstances and how well we're playing. This 4000 is made up of about half who get behind the team and another half who are moaning, torn faced disasters or who sit on their hands all game.

The thing is, these 4000 turning up is the difference between the club breaking even or making a loss.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 30-10-2014 at 06:32 AM.

sounded much more than 6000 hibs fans when we were singing we are hibernian fc before the pens. as loud as ive heard ER this season

Left by mutual consent!
    Great support from the fans last night. Special mention to the section 39 stand rattler who got our sections going with many Hibees chants.

Thought the atmosphere was good last night, but a bit disjointed at times. I was in row Z of section 43 and on several occasions we were singing the same song as the guys down the front but the timing was out and so one set would stop. Either way well done to the drummer who's arms must be knackered this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Ive said it before, these days the best atmospheres are when we get lower attendances. I think we have about 12000 who 'think about' going to ER every week. There are 8000 die hards that always go to games, generally support the team, and 4000 others that sometimes attend depending on personal circumstances and how well we're playing. This 4000 is made up of about half who get behind the team and another half who are moaning, torn faced disasters or who sit on their hands all game.

The thing is, these 4000 turning up is the difference between the club breaking even or making a loss.

Maybe the Club could have classes to re-educate these people in how to be a bit more positive. Something involving two bricks and their testi....

Sorry, forgot this was a Family Forum

All the fans were magnificent and contributed hugely to what was the best night at ER for a few years. But special hats off to the drummer and his bouncing buddies who created a fantastic atmosphere. It's all helping to bring back the pride in being a Hibee. Take a bow all concerned.

First Team Breakthrough
    Last nights game was the up there with Killie away for how good our fans were at supporting!

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

@hibs.net private member
    Even the guys behind me, who are experts at analysing everything and saying how it could be done better, eventually stopped criticising last night.

BTW I know they are experts because a couple wear those football manager anorak/coats to show how expert they are. Hope they shut up at the next game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Even the guys behind me, who are experts at analysing everything and saying how it could be done better, eventually stopped criticising last night.

BTW I know they are experts because a couple wear those football manager anorak/coats to show how expert they are. Hope they shut up at the next game as well.
    Think you might sit somewhere near me. Either that or there's another set of them at the back of me. You have my sympathies

Coaching Staff
    The style of play really helps galvanise the fans - Fenlon was far far too safe a manager, couldn't identify players with pace, and for me, looking back, was out of his depth.

Butcher - players didn't want to play for him, that showed on the pitch and the bench, spirit was non-existent, the general malaise of Malpas and Marsella didn't help........the football, like under Pat, invited opposition to attack and have most of the play.

Stubbs already has shown he can adapt, both formations and style - he has a plan B and C. He is willing to try 4-4-2, 3-5-2.....even throwing caution to the wind and going 4-2-4 on the odd occasion in games. The team looks settled and importantly, can pick itself........how often when you see the 'who will play threads' do you see a settled looking side that not many tinker with ?

Pleasant headaches will come when Forster and Farid are back fit, pleasant headaches exist regards who goes on the bench and who comes on. McGeouch to come back in. Fans leaving games are seeing real promise, youthful football, pace and energy. Last night, what was it, 24 shots at goal and corners in the teens ? Those stats are pretty similar in the league games we have played too.

At the very least fans know that when they go through the turnstiles, the team will be trying to create and score goals - win games instead of being afraid to lose. New guys are scoring goals, Cummings is starting to convert chances.....Malonga knows where the net is every game.

On the pitch, last three games, it's starting to gel - we look a proper team and we look united. Respect from coach to players is reciprocated, respect from coach to fans equally so. No divides. That is what it is all about.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Atmosphere was brilliant. Really glad i moved over to the East this season.
    Kept that quiet, i will now hunt you down.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weonlywon6-2 View Post
    If we play like that more often the fans will come back in decent numbers
    Don't no about that, i think if we start winning games then fans will come back, right now it's about the result and fans staying away are mostly seeing defeats and draws, once we go on a run of winning games then fans may start to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Don't no about that, i think if we start winning games then fans will come back, right now it's about the result and fans staying away are mostly seeing defeats and draws, once we go on a run of winning games then fans may start to come back.
    Disagree with that. We were midtable most of the time under Mowbray but because of the style we played with we were getting 2 or 3 thousand more per game than under comparable seasons under Mixu, Yogi etc. If Stubbs keeps playing it on the deck more fans will come back.