hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lewis Stevenson

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar

Lewis Stevenson

I know we could do this for every player tonight. But how does he continue to run and run and run. What a shift he puts in

2. Log in to remove the advert

ross_m
    Left by mutual consent!
    Yes well said he had a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know we could do this for every player tonight. But how does he continue to run and run and run. What a shift he puts in
    He is out of contract in summer we should be looking to sign him up on longer deal and give him the Testimonial he deserves

@hibs.net private member hibbymick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ross_m View Post
    Yes well said he had a great game.
    He had a decent game.

Great game from him, ran his socks off and fought for everything! Lost the ball a few times needlessly but other than that I thought he was great

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    And yet another assist from Lewis. Well done again wee man.

Coaching Staff
    Playing the best competitive football of his career under Stubbs - has to be given a contract. Top player, always has been in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    And yet another assist from Lewis. Well done again wee man.

yes it was a cracker! He ran his heart out as usual and could hardly breathe by the end of the 90 mins.

He has to get another contract and the testimonial year he so thoroughly deserves!

Him and Gray play the wing back roles perfect , should sign him up, we won't get better for cheaper

One criticism: I wish he could cross the ball a bit better.

Saying that, if he could deliver killer crosses into the box he probably wouldn't be here.

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post

Saying that, if he could deliver killer crosses into the box he probably wouldn't be here.
    Decent cross for Cummings' goal.

Had a shaky first 10 or so minutes, but put in a great shift thereafter ... great spirit in the whole team tonight and Sunday, very pleasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturday Boy View Post
    ...and an excellent finish from Cummings. Maybe I'm being overly critical but I wish we could get more crosses with pace on them from him.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post

Although his crossing can be a bit erratic, I still think hes one of the better players at the club in terms of his delivery and decision making during the game. He must have 5 or 6 assists already, and with better finishing by others, could have had a fair few more (theres quite a few chances hes put on a plate for various players who have wasted it).

He seems to have found a new lease of life under Stubbs, has the freedom to attack and is a really important player for us in my opinion. As others have said in this thread, lets get him signed up on a new deal!

First Team Regular erin-go-bragh87's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Playing the best competitive football of his career under Stubbs - has to be given a contract. Top player, always has been in my book.
    Couldn't agree more pal.

... decent doesn't quite do it justice IMO - was a great cross into the box - the type of cross we need to be using more often - nice to see one of our players get onto it as well for a change ....

Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    ... decent doesn't quite do it justice IMO - was a great cross into the box - the type of cross we need to be using more often - nice to see one of our players get onto it as well for a change ....
    Agreed. I also thought it was similar to Heffernan's goal at Livingston; a hard cross to the near post, with the striker getting in before the defender and keeper. Looks like something they've been working on.

@hibs.net private member duffers's Avatar
    I said similar at the game. The energy that both Stevenson and Gray give is ridiculous. Both still getiing up and down the line constantly 120 minutes into the game, Always been a big fan of Lewy's and agree that he deserves a new contract

@hibs.net private member woodythehibee's Avatar
    Stevenson & Gray were bombing up and down all game which was great to see. in the 119th minute, Gray was in the Utd box at the back post waiting on the cross coming in. Great energy and desire from both.

First Team Breakthrough
    He was still flying like a steam train in ET with ball down wing and closing down sharp a few times which was great, excellent fitness levels. First 3 crosses hit first defender in first half so needs to work on just getting it in an area like for the goal. I'm certain he'll work on that so it can only get better. We know he has it in locker with cross last night and against The Rangers for example. Maybe just over thinking his delivery. Just get it into penalty spot area and shout at the forwards when they aren't there wee man!!!

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Finally seeing all of his attributes coming to fruition under Stubbs' management - but the best thing about Lewis is that you can see how much playing for Hibs matters to him in everything he does.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Finally seeing all of his attributes coming to fruition under Stubbs' management - but the best thing about Lewis is that you can see how much playing for Hibs matters to him in everything he does.
    It's a belief thing for Lewis I think - but I've been saying for years, in my opinion, he is one of if not the most comfortable players at the football club in possession and with the ball at his feet. He rarely wastes possession and can take a ball in difficult situations quite comfortably. The 'wing back' system suits him because 1) he is fit as a butcher's dug and 2) there are better technical players in the side now who themselves have pace and press higher up the pitch. This allows him that confidence to go forward as we are often more in the opposition half and we win back possession quicker.

I do like the way Stubbs thinks. You don't score goals in your own half (unless you are Oxley ) - so getting the ball into the opposition half and ball retention in this area is key.

I think any club outside Celtic would take Lewis - and I'm serious when I say that. You know you are getting a very versatile, technically good footballer and a pro.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    It's a belief thing for Lewis I think - but I've been saying for years, in my opinion, he is one of if not the most comfortable players at the football club in possession and with the ball at his feet. He rarely wastes possession and can take a ball in difficult situations quite comfortably. The 'wing back' system suits him because 1) he is fit as a butcher's dug and 2) there are better technical players in the side now who themselves have pace and press higher up the pitch. This allows him that confidence to go forward as we are often more in the opposition half and we win back possession quicker.

I do like the way Stubbs thinks. You don't score goals in your own half (unless you are Oxley ) - so getting the ball into the opposition half and ball retention in this area is key.

I think any club outside Celtic would take Lewis - and I'm serious when I say that. You know you are getting a very versatile, technically good footballer and a pro.
    Completely agree. And with 235 games for Hibs and him only being 26, I think the best is yet to come from Lewis.

Me too

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    He is the Philipp Lahm of Scottish football

@hibs.net private member
    Was always frustrated about his final ball as he got into good positions and he also had a habit of taking a touch, looking around, then passing it sideways.

He seems to have got past that though and really has moved up to a new level. Wish he would shoot now and then, loved the reception he got when he scored against Killie last season and would love to experience it again.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jakesawers2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    He is the Philipp Lahm of Scottish football
    Prefer to think of him more as louie bale the way he bombs up and down the flank. Him and gray are great assets to the team. Looking forward to Cowdenbeath at the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post

Agreed. I also thought it was similar to Heffernan's goal at Livingston; a hard cross to the near post, with the striker getting in before the defender and keeper. Looks like something they've been working on.
    Just need to do that more consistently.

I agree with you on this one,and like others he will get better with games,

Stubbs, give this man a 5 year contract. Lewis is a Hibs legend.