hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannah_hfc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Folk I knew for ages who openly "weren't really interested " in Aberdeen all of a sudden became die hards that week. I live right next door to Pittodrie stadium and it truly is only loud when they play the OF or European ties.
    You're not that fella with a Union jack flying out of your flat are you?

I agree with you though, I used to live near Pittodrie and it was a library most home games.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    My first Hibs.net post and Ill enjoy this one!! Aberdeen FC have by far the ****miest fans going. For some reason they speak of their club as some sort of Big Team when realistically they are rank rotten. Aberdeen fans are terrible for hiding when the going gets tough! For example when Aberdeen get beat the workplace is quiet and Football is not up for discussion even the local radio stations won’t speak about it. After the league cup last season people started to wear Sheep tops in Public a sight that’s been unheard of for the whole of my lifetime living in Aberdeenshire. Let’s be fair you did see the odd top or two but now people from Aberdeen feel the need to tell you they support Aberdeen when they usually avoid the subject like the plague. They really think they are something special when they are far from it. Classless support.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Forgot the infamous fascists Lazio and Zenit St Petersburg.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BadGrandpa View Post
    My first Hibs.net post and Ill enjoy this one!! Aberdeen FC have by far the ****miest fans going. For some reason they speak of their club as some sort of Big Team when realistically they are rank rotten. Aberdeen fans are terrible for hiding when the going gets tough! For example when Aberdeen get beat the workplace is quiet and Football is not up for discussion even the local radio stations won’t speak about it. After the league cup last season people started to wear Sheep tops in Public a sight that’s been unheard of for the whole of my lifetime living in Aberdeenshire. Let’s be fair you did see the odd top or two but now people from Aberdeen feel the need to tell you they support Aberdeen when they usually avoid the subject like the plague. They really think they are something special when they are far from it. Classless support.
    The problem is that Aberdeen has never been a football city. They play at supporting the team.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Anyone think it might be us?

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This comes to mind.

Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by <3Morrissey View Post
    You're not that fella with a Union jack flying out of your flat are you?

I agree with you though, I used to live near Pittodrie and it was a library most home games.
    I remember a classic Alex Ferguson quote after a European game they had just won on aggregate when asked if he thought the atmosphere was great, "Aye, you could hear the sweetie papers rustling" was his reply...

Sums them up really, and don't they have any more songs than "come on you reds"?

Baaaa
    Last edited by HIBERNIAN-0762; 31-10-2014 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    I remember a classic Alex Ferguson quote after a European game game they had just won on aggregate when asked if he thought the atmosphere was great, "Aye, you could hear the sweetie papers rustling" was his reply...

Sums them up really, and don't they have any more songs than "come on you reds"?

Baaaa
    They're only sheep s******* bar stewards.

Rangers
    Hearts
    Aberdeen
    Airdrie

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    Cowdenbeath. They are just a mini version of the blue-nose keek. Remember playing them in pre-season friendly when Fenlon was manager [2 seasons ago ?] so-called "fans" [bigots] in main stand did nothing but call Fenlon a fienan this and a fienan that. Total and utter bell-ends the lot of them.
    Well you only have to look as who the chairman is. A man who is the master of all things open and respectable (Not). The sash singing Donald Findlay (QC).

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Well you only have to look as who the chairman is. A man who is the master of all things open and respectable (Not). The sash singing Donald Findlay (QC).
    Gets my goat how people look at that situation and see what they want to see. He must have been on holiday when they hired Danny Lennon.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    I remember a classic Alex Ferguson quote after a European game they had just won on aggregate when asked if he thought the atmosphere was great, "Aye, you could hear the sweetie papers rustling" was his reply...

Baaaa

hmm, ive always thought they were quite loud.

remember when they beat us 2-0 around 99/00 at ER... very loud that day and think they filled both tiers...

Im going against the grain here but I always had a healthy respect for Aberdeen the club and the fans. Plus they really really really hate the huns.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Im going against the grain here but I always had a healthy respect for Aberdeen the club and the fans. Plus they really really really hate the huns.
    Well i suppose thats in their favourc

They do...and that deserves a modicum of respect. They also hate celtc and the yams. The problem is, they hate us (And most EVERYONE else too). True bammers.

In terms of a list of despicablenes:

Rangers/Hearts/Celtic
    Aberdeen
    Airdrie
    Cowdenbeath
    Motherwell
    ...with the rest being far from likeable but moderatly more pallatable than these odious institutions.

And doon the road:
    Man Utd
    Man City
    Chelsea
    ...with the rest being generally moderately annoying/irriating.

The truth is, I dont like ANY teams bar mine. It's as simple as that. But, I reserve a special little vocal oppostion to the above mentioned for reasons to long to list, most of which will be shared by the above posts anyways.

MON THE HIBS

There's loads of teams who hate the Huns.

Tbf everybody really really really hates the huns

Just out of interest though, why do Aberdeen have a particularly huge hate for the huns?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NumberSeven View Post
    Tbf everybody really really really hates the huns

Just out of interest though, why do Aberdeen have a particularly huge hate for the huns?
    Pretty sure it was the bitterness of Aberdeen winning things in the 80s under Fergie. Alot of powderkeg games, Durrant tackle, etc

First Team Regular
    Pompey fans have to be right up there in terms of most inflated delusions of grandeur and self-importance, although growing up in Southampton, I can't claim to be completely unbiased ...

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Pretty sure it was the bitterness of Aberdeen winning things in the 80s under Fergie. Alot of powderkeg games, Durrant tackle, etc
    Depends who you talk to. I was at Uni up there and some Dons fans I was friendly with said they reckoned it was in the mid to late 70s when Aberdeen got to several cup finals only to be (in their words) cheated out of the win by corrupt refs and Rangers getting away with kicking them off the pitch

But there's no doubt lots of it comes from the 80s with Fergie's complete lack of respect for the Old Firm, his bunker mentality and his insistence that to gain respect his Dons had to go and hand the Old Firm their erse's on a plate in Glasgow in front of a horrified Glasgow football media. Rangers were eventually humiliated 4-1 in the Cup Final by Aberdeen (83/84?) and Celtic took the regular beatings from Aberdeen so well their fans conducted pitch invasions and one even attacked Gordon Strachan on the pitch as Aberdeen were toying with them at Parkhead.

All of this pre-dates Souness and the Durrant incident.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Hibee View Post
    Pompey fans have to be right up there in terms of most inflated delusions of grandeur and self-importance, although growing up in Southampton, I can't claim to be completely unbiased ...
    Tons of Pompey fans round about here and I'd have to agree with you! I've no axe to grind right enough and I find the Southampton fans equally nauseating just now.

You'd think they're amongst the elite of global football the way their fans behave just now - very much a 'big team' mentality.

Although I love watching their team playing football (or certainly used to), I find Barcelona fans to be quite loathsome, particularly when they were vocally supportive of ETA - a Spanish Celtc of sorts.

Liverpool and Man Utd fans can go onto my list too - the petty tragedy-point scoring is truly nauseating (though, I appreciate, not representative of the entire support base).
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Tons of Pompey fans round about here and I'd have to agree with you! I've no axe to grind right enough and I find the Southampton fans equally nauseating just now.

You'd think they're amongst the elite of global football the way their fans behave just now - very much a 'big team' mentality.

Although I love watching their team playing football (or certainly used to), I find Barcelona fans to be quite loathsome, particularly when they were vocally supportive of ETA - a Spanish Celtc of sorts.

Liverpool and Man Utd fans can go onto my list too - the petty tragedy-point scoring is truly nauseating (though, I appreciate, not representative of the entire support base).
    Liverpool fans are the most passionate fans in the world for me.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Dinnae get me started on they baw bags ............ I have to sit with loads of them, its bloody murder

First Team Breakthrough
    Every other bar steward except the cabbage fans.

Facto correcto

When i used to work at football matches the smaller supported teams fans were mostly a good laugh and never took things to seriously,Celtic fans are in the gutter with all the bile about the ira etc,rangers fans can also be as bad when your in amongst them with all the proddy stuff.

Best laugh i have ever had was with a group of Albion Rovers fans at Tynecastle,just there for a day out and were a really decent bunch

Quote Originally Posted by Moon unit View Post
    Visited Berlin last week and went to a Union game. Was impressed with the noise and atmosphere, 20,000 v Sandhausen,really enjoyed the whole occasion!
    Was a great atmosphere when we played a friendly there the other year.

@hibs.net private member
    Lincoln
    St.Mirren
    Liverpool

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Lincoln
    St.Mirren
    Liverpool
    Nowt wrong with Lincoln :-)

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post

The reason is not Jealousy....When it comes to Jealousy they are the most bitter fans ever when we won the League cup 5-1 they hated it. Apparently I should not have celebrated winning such a pointless cup.

The reason they hate the Huns is probably down to the fact that Aberdeen city is Red White and Blue there's loads of Huns in the North East of Scotland. Peterhead for example is a massive Hun toon..The Blue toon.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Irvine Meadow's were the most unpleasant support I've seen at ER outside Hearts and the OF. Looked like a lot of their supporters' "big team" was Rangers - Union Flags aplenty and I remember some Hun coming on here and giving us the "use [sic] are Irish lol" crap after the game.
    Last edited by Diclonius; 01-11-2014 at 12:17 PM.