hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hearts owner Ann Budge told the Edinburgh club's website: "We believe it is entirely in keeping with the values we hold dear as a club.
    Hearts' values.

Truly the moron's oxymoron.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I'm all for sporting rivalry...but some of the vitriol on this thread is horrible to read...it's a good decision by them, and if they keep making those type of "people" oriented decisions then they will be living to quite different values than the previous regime(s)...To expect them to repair the past is ridiculous, but they can try to get it right going forward. I hope we make the same decision and be fair to all workers around the club.
    OK, but they are implying thesee values have always been with the club.

Not in my lifetime and I'm old.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post

We all know of their behavior under Romanov, but this move in of itself is a good thing. When high profile organizations like football clubs promise a living wage for staff, it spotlights the national problem we have with low paid, poor quality jobs.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

Its the trumpet blowing whenever they do anything that they regard as exceptional - they haven't behaved normally for such a long time that they haven't a clue when it would be more dignified to just do something and not say look at us. Cynical rebranding exercise.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

First Team Regular Billy McKirdy's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N?A Wii Code: N?A
    I'm curious, do Hibs pay a living wage to all directly employed staff? just a thought.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29807293

I like Budge's comments in the last couple of para's.

Seems to admit the main stand at the PBS is a death trap.

Health and safety alert !

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post

The entire PBS is a death trap. If they pay me a living wage, I'll gladly demolish it for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    The entire PBS is a death trap. If they pay me a living wage, I'll gladly demolish it for them.
    Nah, she's got this one wrong, there cannot be any risks to the public associated with this famous old structure or the Council would have stepped in and acted years ago in the interests of public safety surely.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Marinehibby View Post
    I'm curious, do Hibs pay a living wage to all directly employed staff? just a thought.
    I haven't heard anything to suggest we do, and as the report yesterday says Yambo is the first to make the commitment, I'm guessing the answer is no. All clubs must have employees who are paid around the minimum wage.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    How is Budge going to make the Stewarding Company and the Catering Company etc pay this wage ?

Must already have contracts in place for the season or more.

We all know of their behavior under Romanov, but this move in of itself is a good thing. When high profile organizations like football clubs promise a living wage for staff, it spotlights the national problem we have with low paid, poor quality jobs.
    So why not contrast what they are doing now with nefarious doings of Mercer and The Pieman and the increase in those doings under Vlad? Rather than that they are implying they are forever on the cutting edge of philanthropy.

Blog Entries
    I fully support the principle of a living wage & am pleased this is happening.
    However let's look at this club's recent history.
    They went bust owing a minimum of £30m to creditors including all of us as taxpayers. They oversaw & endorsed a fraudulent share issue. They stole the season ticket money, though they subsequently honored those purchases. Now Ann Budge may be an honourable lady but she's a hard-headed business woman who took advantage of the above situation to essentially take control of Yams at no cost. If they repaid the £30m they could donate a living wage for a week to 100,000 people! That's the scale of their deceit & to now try & occupy the high moral ground is hypocrisy almost beyond belief & parody.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    They went bust owing a minimum of £30m to creditors including all of us as taxpayers. They oversaw & endorsed a fraudulent share issue. They stole the season ticket money, though they subsequently honored those purchases. Now Ann Budge may be an honourable lady but she's a hard-headed business woman who took advantage of the above situation to essentially take control of Yams at no cost. If they repaid the £30m they could donate a living wage for a week to 100,000 people! That's the scale of their deceit & to now try & occupy the high moral ground is hypocrisy almost beyond belief & parody.
    Yep, right on the money. I was well aware of the social injustices that exist and the living wage issue and didn't need the crusaders of morality from Gorgie to tell me about it or what they are doing to solve it!

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post

Im presuming that Mrs. Budge is preparing to announce that Tynecastle isn't fit for purpose, and that a deal with the council has been struck. In this deal will be:

The sale of Tynecastle and associated land, valued at the very least £20 million

A new stadium, payed for and built by the council, and leased to Hearts at favourable rates (they are an Edinburgh institution, and represent 400,000 people).

An option not to pay the aforementioned rates, should at any time, Hibs are doing better than "the famous"

I've just had a rare glimpse at Yambo Hunchback to see what they're saying. According to the OP on the thread, the living wage will apply to part time staff and contractors.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post

Thanks, that save me a lot of typing.

Yams and The Moral High Ground.... they don't do irony over at Tynecastle.

I'm all for sporting rivalry...but some of the vitriol on this thread is horrible to read...it's a good decision by them, and if they keep making those type of "people" oriented decisions then they will be living to quite different values than the previous regime(s)...To expect them to repair the past is ridiculous, but they can try to get it right going forward. I hope we make the same decision and be fair to all workers around the club.

Until they come out in public, collectively get down on their knees and apologise for decades of cheating, dubious songs and strange obsessions with stupid hats, not to mention absolute finanical meltdown and then bumping abody going, they will still remain (in my eyes and most others) a shower of cheating, minority biggots who have a penchant for stupid hats, sing stupid songs with stupid hand signs in public, who screwed everyone and their dug out their money and who employed some very dubious characters....we need not even go there.

Morals? Registers? Russian hats?

Bams

ENDOF

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    When they apologise, acknowledge and accept their previous financial collapse and begin to pay back the host of creditors they bumped then I might think about dishing out a tiny modicum of praise.

Until then, that lot can **** off.
    Including the £25m they owed the Lithuanian public.

Left by mutual consent!
    What really boils my urine is that it wasn't just Romanov responsible for their 30+ years of 'Finance Football' - successive owners all played their part in it (Mercer £5m, Robertson£20) !. There's a 'culture' deeply-ingrained at the PBS, one of 'anything goes' as long as their club doesn't revert to what they were before Mercer in the late 70's- a club on it's way out !!. Budge calls the shots at the moment, but I have NO DOUBT when they hit a bad-patch (and they will if Sunday's display is anything to go by), that 'character' will re-emerge. There's generations of them that know of no other way !
    Last edited by Deansy; 29-10-2014 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    What really boils my urine is that it wasn't just Romanov responsible for their 30+ years of 'Finance Football' - successive owners all played their part in it (Mercer £5m, Robertson£20) !. There's a 'culture' deeply-ingrained at the PBS, one of 'anything goes' as long as their club doesn't revert to what they were before Mercer in the late 70's- a club on it's way out !!. Budge calls the shots at the moment, but I have NO DOUBT when they hit a bad-patch (and they will if Sunday's display is anything to go by), that 'character' will re-emerge. There's generations of them that know of no other way !
    They ran themselves into the ground with little success from the mid-60's to late 70's as well, which gave Mercer his in.

That's their "values", spend-spend-spend with little regard to he future.

First Team Breakthrough Calum68's Avatar

Hearts to introduce living wage for all employees

If Hibs were to pay the minimum wage of £7.65 p/h, I would estimate that the folks in the food kiosks would be getting around £7,65 for serving 3 or 4 in the queue.
    Last edited by Calum68; 29-10-2014 at 01:51 PM.

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    I'd agree with you if it mentioned the contrast with the previous regime and how their self-percieved "values" and traditions had been trampled into the ground given Vlad left behind him huge debts ...
    If only it was just Vlad ... Hearts were running up debts before Mercer even took over!

The "values" she is talking about must be the ones from way back, that helped Hearts to win a World War.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post

Any daft bat can write off 35 million quid and start again debt free, disgusting arrogance as usual from these mutants.

Hilarious stuff...
    Really? I'll need to find some daft bint to do it for me.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Exactly the way I see it.

If they wanted to do the right thing they'd go ahead without the fanfare. They have now put pressure on their contractors to pay the living wage while running their business while they can easily meet their own commitment to the handful of directly employed staff affected. And remember that Budge will have no compuction to letting staff go to balance the books. She does have previous.

First Team Regular EastCalderHibby's Avatar
    I've just had a rare glimpse at Yambo Hunchback to see what they're saying. According to the OP on the thread, the living wage will apply to part time staff and contractors.
    did it not say they had to be over 21 could be wrong

A "living wage" in Edinburgh would be about £20 an hour. Even at that you might only have a few quid left after you've helped to pay for someone else's buy-to-let investment. :-(

When they do "introduce" this concept they will have to do it gradually and really carefully to the ones who were on the books previously at the time when their employer stopped paying them because of their previous cavalier approach to spending money that wasn't theirs to spend.

Sir Matt Busby

I just left a boozer outside Penicuik as some boy on his way to The Jambo Shareholders meeting was mouthing off about this to whoever was willing to listen, quite entertaining how short their memories are! Fuds!