hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    First Team Regular EastCalderHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canongatehibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    woopy doo.....

so, they pay an extra pound odds more than Peter and Paul! That'll pay for bills etc haha
    how much is this costing them ffs how many staff do they have that will get the rise
    i would think not to many so no big deal

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I wonder if she said that with a straight face. They really are shameless.
    you'd need to iron it first

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCalderHibby View Post

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSeven View Post
    Little off topic but I really cant help but cringe when their fans call themselves "the famous"
    ye but its what they are famous for and football has nothing to with any of it

@hibs.net private member
    A 9 iron?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Hearts owner Ann Budge told the Edinburgh club's website: "We believe it is entirely in keeping with the values we hold dear as a club.

More rewriting of history there ya ugly auld trout.
    Priceless, and fair

Its probably mostly stewards it will have any effect on anyway and they are all part time,can't believe they pushing this as look at us look what we've done after all the cheating and bumping they are famous for,tramps of the highest order

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leggeto View Post
    Its probably mostly stewards it will have any effect on anyway and they are all part time,can't believe they pushing this as look at us look what we've done after all the cheating and bumping they are famous for,tramps of the highest order
    Do they employ the stewards?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Probably outsource as much as possible to companies that don't pay the "living wage" then make statements like todays.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    I did notice the irony in that statement there!

What "values" would that be then, Ann?

Is that the same values that saw your club rip off countless small businesses in recent years, whilst racking up millions of pounds worth of debt on your way to trying to buy success, and now that it's all gone pear shaped, your club has failed to pay any of them back?

Just checking.
    I can only assume that Ann Budge will now be repaying all those who got ripped off when Hearts went into admin.

Those are the values she's talking about, right? Such as paying the debts you owe to companies and individuals who gave their services and labour in good faith?

Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    How noble of a football team to pay their staff a 'living wage' while the playing staff earn a kings ransom for kicking a leather ball about a field for 90 minutes a week. Not something to be shouting about but thats hearts for you.
    Football clubs in general should be trying to lower the amount the players are being paid across the board, not screaming from the rooftops about how their other staff are paid £1 an hour more than minimum wage.
    Its clearly not the footballers that are affected by this. If other clubs paid a 'living wage' as a minimum to all their staff then the Yams would have nothing to crow about.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    No idea,at least Patterson and Nicholson and a few of their mates will get a wage rise

TheRangers Football Club £1,410

Quote Originally Posted by CA Hibby View Post
    They make this sound great and are enjoying the great publicity, however it would be interesting to see how many employees this actually covers, 10 maybe 20 at most...most of their employees are not official HMFC employees but contract workers...so are they going to make their vendors pay more or subsidies them to help them pay more..Hell no, but lets not say anything cause nobody is asking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    So far two major questions from the small print -

1, Are some of those who will benefit from the living wage rate also on zero hour contracts? The two policies seem contradictory to me.

2, What about sub-contracted staff? I assume this would include things such as food stalls, where staff are likely to earn less than the living wage rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    I wonder how many of their staff are paid less than the living wage at present? Contractors won't be included which could be cleaners, catering staff and others. Grandstanding from Shameless FC.
    how much is this costing them ffs how many staff do they have that will get the rise
    i would think not to many so no big deal
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Probably outsource as much as possible to companies that don't pay the "living wage" then make statements like todays.
    I asked the question at the start of this thread and the above posts make it clear that this is a PR stunt that will cost them very little.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    I asked the question at the start of this thread and the above posts make it clear that this is a PR stunt that will cost them very little.
    I'm sure our local media will investigate and publish the true story.

[QUOTE=HIBERNIAN-0762;4210464]

Any daft bat can write off 35 million quid and start again debt free, disgusting arrogance as usual from these mutants.

Hilarious stuff

The 35 million quid debt was not squandered by Mrs Budge and regardless of our feelings towards the Jambo's this initiative is honourable, I bet there are many underpaid workers around the Uk who would welcome an extra few quid in their pocket at the end of a work week lets hope this gesture encourages other employers to follow suit.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    [QUOTE=monteddie;4210913]
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post

Any daft bat can write off 35 million quid and start again debt free, disgusting arrogance as usual from these mutants.

Hilarious stuff

The 35 million quid debt was not squandered by Mrs Budge and regardless of our feelings towards the Jambo's this initiative is honourable, I bet there are many underpaid workers around the Uk who would welcome an extra few quid in their pocket at the end of a work week lets hope this gesture encourages other employers to follow suit.
    There's nothing wrong with hearts doing this, the irony of it is that a club that has just exited administration boasting about values whilst leaving a trail of destruction in their wake.its like Hannibal Lecture boasting about turning vegetarian.

United we stand here....

surely people cant be serious here.
    what happened to hearts was down to a previous owner. To say Budge should pay previous debts etc is ridiculous.

If you moved into a new house and the previous tenant hadn't paid council tax and electricity for 2 years and all of a sudden you were being asked to pay these would you just pay them?? No you wouldn't so why on earth would she pay for a previous owners failings?

move on now, yes we can hate them (which I do) but we cant keep harping on about how mad vlad ripped people off.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by db03 View Post
    what happened to hearts was down to a previous owner. To say Budge should pay previous debts etc is ridiculous.

If you moved into a new house and the previous tenant hadn't paid council tax and electricity for 2 years and all of a sudden you were being asked to pay these would you just pay them?? No you wouldn't so why on earth would she pay for a previous owners failings?

move on now, yes we can hate them (which I do) but we cant keep harping on about how mad vlad ripped people off.
    Can you explain just what these values that ugly bird is on about then please?

Can you explain just what these values that ugly bird is on about then please?
    I think her statement is wrong! maybe she is talking about values going forward I don't know but we cant expect her to pay for someone else's finances

I think her statement is wrong! maybe she is talking about values going forward I don't know but we cant expect her to pay for someone else's finances
    I'm not going to start guessing what she may be thinking, i'm going on the values that horrible club have held up to now.

And what she says is complete bollox, and a rewriting of history. She's sweeping everything under the carpet and trying to make out they are an upstanding club, when in reality they are not.

FFS next they will be telling us they single handedly won the war.

I'm not going to start guessing what she may be thinking, i'm going on the values that horrible club have held up to now.

And what she says is complete bollox, and a rewriting of history. She's sweeping everything under the carpet and trying to make out they are an upstanding club, when in reality they are not.

FFS next they will be telling us they single handedly won the war.
    that's why I said I think her statement is wrong.

that's why I said I think her statement is wrong.

So we agree then?

So we agree then?
    yes we agree her statement about values is wrong. I just don't get people saying she should pay previous debts

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenPJ View Post
    Its clearly not the footballers that are affected by this. If other clubs paid a 'living wage' as a minimum to all their staff then the Yams would have nothing to crow about.
    Hearts shouldn't be crowing about anything to do with money - especially when it concerns their staff who only a short time ago weren't getting paid at all.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    Hearts shouldn't be crowing about anything to do with money - especially when it concerns their staff who only a short time ago weren't getting paid at all.
    Agree, the problem is they just can't help themselves, its intheir DNA to grab any chance to try and say the are better than the rest, FFS there will be plenty clubs paying a living wage / their way as a matter of course and not crowing about it as being somehow virtuous or worth highlighting as exceptional.

They might have earned some respect or redemption later on if they'd kept their heads down and paid their way consistently. This is nothing more than attempt to rebrand their image but by seeking to do it on the back of this one should be seen for what it is.

Budge may be the new owner but its the same club, same history, especially recent history. It behaves with the same arrogance and certainly makes no attempt at apology for the things that blackens its name.

Paying a minimum wage to the few it will affect is a lot cheaper than making a goodwill or conscience payment to most of those whose money was stolen-that would be exceptional.

If they seek the publicity like they do here then once its in the public arena its reasonable to scrutinise what they do and why.

Next week they'll be telling us they are the first big club in Europe to put their bins out on time and sort their recycling out.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

[QUOTE=monteddie;4210913]
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post

Hilarious stuff

That would funny if it weren't so badly judged not to mention reeky. Still laughed a bit.

I'd agree with you if it mentioned the contrast with the previous regime and how their self-percieved "values" and traditions had been trampled into the ground given Vlad left behind him huge debts and the knock on effects of people losing jobs but they can't mention that. They can't mention that as it would cast a shadow on their "achievements" during that time and that is the last thing they want.

This move is an attempt at lathering a layer of whitewash over those years, no mention of unpaid debts, no mention
    of creditors lingin up, no mention of charities shafted, no mention of Vlad's various antics.

I'll give you an exmaple of "honourable". When Tom Farmer put Hibs into receivership and split Hibernian FC away from the disaterous Avon Inns project he paid the clubs debts even though legally there was nothing binding for him to do so. Not just the clubs football debt, every creditor was paid. However things are owrking out now for Farmer that was a trully honourable thing to do.

Let's see Budge do that if their "values" are to be upheld.

Have the share certificates arrived yet?

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    yes we agree her statement about values is wrong. I just don't get people saying she should pay previous debts
    People are saying that because of her statement about values.

@hibs.net private member

Clearly, she doesn't have any obligation to pay off Vlad et al's debts. However, I'm not sure your analogy is directly comparable unless the previous occupants of the house are still living in it, albeit with a new owner, and a rearrangement of its finance to allow them to ditch their debts. And if local shops (who had foolishly extended them credit, in spite of evidence of them being abject, feckless shysters), and the local kitchen fitter who went bust because they didn't pay for the state-of-the-art kitchen they had installed in your house are having to watch them live the life of riley with goods that they supplied them free of charge, while boasting about their financial probity.

Some contrition would be appropriate, and they could do with keeping well out of the way of claims of moral superiority while there are local people who have been stiffed by them, and competitors who have lost out to them in terms of players, and sporting success, which have been bought with other people's money.

@hibs.net private member
    I'm all for sporting rivalry...but some of the vitriol on this thread is horrible to read...it's a good decision by them, and if they keep making those type of "people" oriented decisions then they will be living to quite different values than the previous regime(s)...To expect them to repair the past is ridiculous, but they can try to get it right going forward. I hope we make the same decision and be fair to all workers around the club.