hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

Who should be the fans representatives on the board?

Big question and if we are in agreement that should be the way forward, whoso we elect and what criteria should they bring to the table. My mate has just been offered a one- to - one meeting with Dempster (fair play Hibs) is he in the running?

Who would unite the fans and drive us forward!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious St Pat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Big question and if we are in agreement that should be the way forward, whoso we elect and what criteria should they bring to the table. My mate has just been offered a one- to - one meeting with Dempster (fair play Hibs) is he in the running?

1) First and foremost, someone who is democratically and openly voted on to the Board. Not someone who has been approached/courted/sounded out/'tipped the wink' or given 'the nod'.

2) Someone who is not in it for self-promotion or to boost their own business.

3) Oh, and someone who has had no previous (business or personal) dealings with the CEO/Chairman or any of the other Directors.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    1) First and foremost, someone who is democratically and openly voted on to the Board. Not someone who has been approached/courted/sounded out/'tipped the wink' or given 'the nod'.

2) Someone who is not in it for self-promotion or to boost their own business.

3) Oh, and someone who has had no previous (business or personal) dealings with the CEO/Chairman or any of the other Directors.
    Susan, you would be ideal. How many Hibs board members painted the steps ? Go for it girl.

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Susan, you would be ideal. How many Hibs board members painted the steps ? Go for it girl.
    Thanks K but I suspect I am not Eirish enough

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Good shout. I've also tried to press gang her into going forward :-p.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Good shout. I've also tried to press gang her into going forward :-p.
    Thanks M but I would have real trouble with the part of the job

Secret 1 to 1 meetings with Dempster?

Do the 101 other Hibs related fan groups know about this? I can see some Blazers will be ruffled on reading this news.

Anyway, I think you should do it. Change our strip to green tops, white shorts and orange socks and rename the club Edinburgh Celtc for starters.

It's going to be a tricky one.

Personally I'm a bit scpetical about the fan on the board thing. A lot of the current board are Hibs fans and how many people would judge them kindly? Anyone who gets the gig will have to have a skill set or business acumen to contribute otherwise it just looks like a box ticking excercise, the flip side of course is that anyone who does have those skills may be dismissed as a suit. Will someone from the HSA be regarded as a 'blazer'? Will an everyday fan with a regular job be able to arrange adeqaute time to attend morning boatd meetings etc? Of course due to confidentiality agreements any fan who joins the board very quickly becomes just a board member, they can't tell us anything.

It's pretty far down the list of priortites for me but the survey results suggest I'm in the minority so good luck to whoever goes for it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Personally I'm a bit scpetical about the fan on the board thing. A lot of the current board are Hibs fans and how many people would judge them kindly? Anyone who gets the gig will have to have a skill set or business acumen to contribute otherwise it just looks like a box ticking excercise, the flip side of course is that anyone who does have those skills may be dismissed as a suit. Will someone from the HSA be regarded as a 'blazer'? Will an everyday fan with a regular job be able to arrange adeqaute time to attend morning boatd meetings etc? Of course due to confidentiality agreements any fan who joins the board very quickly becomes just a board member, they can't tell us anything.

It's pretty far down the list of priortites for me but the survey results suggest I'm in the minority so good luck to whoever goes for it.
    It's a thankless task and one that (IMHO) just sets up whoever goes for it for a fall. IMHO, there's already an undertone of scepticism and sniping towards the positions and I have difficulty identifying how the fan on the board differs from the fans on the board that are already there in the shape of the non-exec directors currently in the role, other than there being a remit to have a direct link-in with certain fan groups.

Whoever does it is never going to please everybody, and I give it til the first couple of months before they're accused of being in the Board's pocket/being a patsy/having sold out/all of the above.

Good luck to the people that do go for it, I hope the role's a success and they get an opportunity to be successful in the role without just being people to be shot at by the support.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I find your post a bit disingenuous S. Asking who should be the fans on the board, telling us your mate's been invited for a one-to-one and asking whether he's in the running. You know exactly how the board intend to have these reps elected and suggesting your mate might be a 'chosen one' because he's getting a one-to-one undermines that don't you think?
    This is how it feels

One young fan and one older

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    It's a thankless task and one that (IMHO) just sets up whoever goes for it for a fall. IMHO, there's already an undertone of scepticism and sniping towards the positions and I have difficulty identifying how the fan on the board differs from the fans on the board that are already there in the shape of the non-exec directors currently in the role, other than there being a remit to have a direct link-in with certain fan groups.

Whoever does it is never going to please everybody, and I give it til the first couple of months before they're accused of being in the Board's pocket/being a patsy/having sold out/all of the above.

Good luck to the people that do go for it, I hope the role's a success and they get an opportunity to be successful in the role without just being people to be shot at by the support.

Yes, it will be a tough gig in terms of the commitment required from the club and the demands from other fans. The successful candidates will need strong diplomatic and political skills in addition to the other requirements, and will probably need a thick skin too.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I find your post a bit disingenuous S. Asking who should be the fans on the board, telling us your mate's been invited for a one-to-one and asking whether he's in the running. You know exactly how the board intend to have these reps elected and suggesting your mate might be a 'chosen one' because he's getting a one-to-one undermines that don't you think?
    Good shout. Leeann Dempster made it crystal clear on here that the board were not sounding people out about the positions, and that she was determined that the fan elected board members would be exactly that.

IMHO, the suggestion that someone's being approached for it is yet another attempt to cause unrest amongst the support towards the board, similar to other 'leaked' stories that have been evident on here in recent months/weeks.

Left by mutual consent!
    Passing the 'fit and proper person' test would probably scupper me

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    Passing the 'fit and proper person' test would probably scupper me

Good shout. Leeann Dempster made it crystal clear on here that the board were not sounding people out about the positions, and that she was determined that the fan elected board members would be exactly that.

IMHO, the suggestion that someone's being approached for it is yet another attempt to cause unrest amongst the support towards the board, similar to other 'leaked' stories that have been evident on here in recent months/weeks.
    Nail on the head
    This is how it feels

I'd like to distance myself from the position on the Board.

It's just not the right time for me unfortunately.

Left by mutual consent!
    I don't know if he is still around, but big Frank Dougan would be first on my list.

Left by mutual consent!
    The next Hibs fan to win Euromillions jackpot (and his bank manager)

Coaching Staff

Everyone has been offered a one to one with a current board member if they are interested. It was in the launch stuff.

Representative is also the wrong word and I'm surprised they are using it. They are going to be fan elected but they aren't representing anyone except the company they are to be appointed to.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Why are folk getting '1-1 meetings' when there's months to apply still?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Everyone has been offered a one to one with a current board member if they are interested. It was in the launch stuff.

Representative is also the wrong word and I'm surprised they are using it. They are going to be fan elected but they aren't representing anyone except the company they are to be appointed to.
    I think the word "representative" is reflective of the role they're being asked to perform, the duties of which listed things like attending supporter events to feedback to and get input from the various supporter groups. IMHO, that implies a fair degree of representation in some shape or form.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    Why are folk getting '1-1 meetings' when there's months to apply still?
    Why wouldn't they be?

I think the initial press release said that the current non-exec board members were available if anyone wanted to discuss the role further. There's nothing untoward, sinister, or even unusual about that then leading to 1-1 meetings as far as I can see.

I'm sure I recall LD saying she would be happy to discuss board membership with anyone who asked. It was also stated chats with the current non execs would be arranged to get the benefit of their own personal experiences of being on the board.
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    I don't know if he is still around, but big Frank Dougan would be first on my list.
    Think frank lives in the apartments behind the terracing so would be nice and close for him,a well known hibby everyone likes

My mate has just been offered a one- to - one meeting with Dempster (fair play Hibs) is he in the running?
    Tell us who your mate is and we might have some idea if he/she is in the running or not. All this cloak and dagger stuff is doing my titties in!

FWIW I think the board will be looking for someone from a business background who they feel they can trust to abide by the need for boardroom collective responsibility and confidentiality. The representatives may be elected by the fans but ill be interested to see the short list. I may of course be totally wrong but I would be surprised if those elected were everyday gadgies or gadgettes

Whoever it is, those two criteria of collective responsibility and confidentiality are going to make it extremely difficult for any fan representatives. In complying with those often necessary constraints it wont be long before they are branded as having sold out. Like a previous poster I also think it will be a thankless task. They will get pestered day in day out and the moment they say they cant comment will get slaughtered on the mbs.
    Last edited by Brizo; 31-10-2014 at 08:33 PM.

Unless you tell us who your mate is how can we tell? The fans will be electing him or her.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    Yes he is - sat next to him at Livvy for a wee while - and I agree with the position on the list.

@hibs.net private member
    I would like it to be gender balanced. It's a thankless task for whoever gets the gig
    Last edited by lucky; 01-11-2014 at 06:36 AM.