hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Andy Murray

Blog Entries

Andy Murray

Just won another title in Valencia & playing a Spanish player & crowd! Possibly the bravest & most skilful performance I've seen from a Scottish sportsman since Kenny Buchanan beat Ismael Laguna in Panama. If I was LD or AS I'd move heaven & earth to get Andy in to talk to the players & even take part in a training session. Would show our players just what they need to do to truly aim for the top in their profession.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just won another title in Valencia & playing a Spanish player & crowd! Possibly the bravest & most skilful performance I've seen from a Scottish sportsman since Kenny Buchanan beat Ismael Laguna in Panama. If I was LD or AS I'd move heaven & earth to get Andy in to talk to the players & even take part in a training session. Would show our players just what they need to do to truly aim for the top in their profession.
    Watched that too B. Stunning performance
    This is how it feels

He looked absolutely destroyed at the end. Brilliant performance.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Total legend of Scottish sport. Well done on your 31st title Andy.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Absolutely amazing performance from Murray....his mental strength is out of this world.....take a bow son
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

Absolutely agree. That win by Murray today showed guts and a never say die attitude. Something we have been sadly lacking for most of the season so far.

Yeah we played really well today and deserved to get a victory but being a deserving cause doesn't bring home the bacon. Today proved that.

We tried to hold on to the win rather than going for the jugular. The substitutions didn't do any favours either. A bit of tactical naievety on Stubbs part IMHO.

Well done Andy

Very funny seeing Robredo giving him the finger(s) while waiting for him at the end

Unless it means well done in Spanish

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Very funny seeing Robredo giving him the finger(s) while waiting for him at the end

Think he was telling Andy the Hibees drew 1-1
    This is how it feels

Fantastic performance by Murray and it's a victory which pretty much guarantees him a place at the World Tour Finals at the O2 in London next month as well.

He was on the brink of defeat so many times in that match so to come out of that as the winner is very impressive.

As the OP states, it would be great to get someone like Murray in to talk to the players. He's one of the greatest Scottish sportsmen of all time so it would be an excellent move if the club could get him in to have a chat with the players.

I don't know when he would be able to fit it in right enough considering the sort of schedule he has.

Not sure how practical or possible this would be given Murray's schedule of playing all over the world. If it could happen it would be great.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post

image.jpg

Sorry no idea why it's upside down!

@hibs.net private member
    Hibs have tried umpteen times to have Andy at ER but no time has suited. One day!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Not sure how practical or possible this would be given Murray's schedule of playing all over the world. If it could happen it would be great.
    Difficult I agree but he usually has a break after O2 tourney before getting ready for Oz open in Jan & has another break after that tourney. Mind you, I'm sure there may be more appealing spots than Edinburgh in Dec or Feb!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Fantastic performance by Murray and it's a victory which pretty much guarantees him a place at the World Tour Finals at the O2 in London next month as well.

He was on the brink of defeat so many times in that match so to come out of that as the winner is very impressive.

As the OP states, it would be great to get someone like Murray in to talk to the players. He's one of the greatest Scottish sportsmen of all time so it would be an excellent move if the club could get him in to have a chat with the players.

I don't know when he would be able to fit it in right enough considering the sort of schedule he has.
    The laddie is going to this and was hoping AM would do enough to qualify.

Left by mutual consent!
    Difficult I agree but he usually has a break after O2 tourney before getting ready for Oz open in Jan & has another break after that tourney. Mind you, I'm sure there may be more appealing spots than Edinburgh in Dec or Feb!
    Judy Murray was in the brasserie at Quinn's today

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AberGreen View Post
    image.jpg

Sorry no idea why it's upside down!
    I was laughing at that as well. Great character & sportsmanship by Robredo given Andy's now mugged him twice in a few weeks.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Given that Murray has unquestionable ability, but sometimes lacks the mental toughness needed to see things out, should we not try to get the coach or mentor that pulled that performance from him?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    Judy Murray was in the brasserie at Quinn's today
    She's a huge fan of couscous!

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    The laddie is going to this and was hoping AM would do enough to qualify.
    Hope he enjoys it.

I would really like to go one year. My only experience of live tennis is Wimbledon and whilst sitting in the Centre Court of Wimbledon is fantastic, I would like to experience a different side to tennis.

I know someone who went down a couple of years ago and they said it was brilliant.

I really hope Murray makes it. It wasn't looking very likely a few weeks ago but he's been on some run over the last month or so.

Given that Nadal's pulled out, it would be disappointing if Murray was absent as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Hope he enjoys it.

I would really like to go one year. My only experience of live tennis is Wimbledon and whilst sitting in the Centre Court of Wimbledon is fantastic, I would like to experience a different side to tennis.

I know someone who went down a couple of years ago and they said it was brilliant.

I really hope Murray makes it. It wasn't looking very likely a few weeks ago but he's been on some run over the last month or so.

Given that Nadal's pulled out, it would be disappointing if Murray was absent as well.

Yes I'm sure it will be a pretty good event to attend, only wish he'd asked me to go with him.

Blog Entries
    Not sure why this thread has been moved. My OP specifically related to Hibs & I'm hoping someone from ER may read it if it remains on the main board.

Left by mutual consent!
    She's a huge fan of couscous!
    She's also a fan of Schloss Reinhartshausen 2006 Hattenheimer Riesling

The tight bint didn't buy us a bottle though!

She's not a bad looker eh? Still she made it through in Strictly again.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 26-10-2014 at 08:51 PM.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Wow!

Fantastic match which neither player deserved to lose . Watched in Spain but Spanish commentators always give Andy a good time since many of them are players or ex players who coincided with him when he trained in Spain as a teenager . Not quite so sympathetic with him today with antics after mistakes or possible injuries and his experience shows through at times in these situations . Looks like he`s qualified for London already so wouldn`t be surprised if he pulled out of Paris . Playing wise he`s probably thinking about getting a good seeding for Australian Open so top 8 essential and top 4 if possible a target . Andy and Hibs ? I`m sure he could give all our players some words of advice which might help and publicity of someone famous mentioning Hibernian FC would help enormously .

Cool

Just blew Dmitrov away in Paris today too...70 mins. Automatically qualifies for London. Top quality Andy!

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xyz23jc View Post
    Just blew Dmitrov away in Paris today too...70 mins. Automatically qualifies for London. Top quality Andy!

That's as well as I've ever seen him play, it was a brilliant performance and after last week's heroics it says wonders about his fitness and willingness to win.
    Last edited by Golden Bear; 30-10-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Delighted for him.

Fantastic effort to guarantee his place in London, considering where he was ranked after the US Open.

He has had to play every week for the last six weeks and has put in some serious airmiles as well.

25th September - Shenzhen, China (Won)
    30th September - Beijing, China (Semis)
    7th October - Shanghai, China (3rd round)
    16th October - Vienna, Austria (Won)
    22nd October - Valencia, Spain (Won)
    29th October - Paris, France

Shenzhen-Beijing (1350 miles)
    Beijing-Shanghai (753 miles)
    Shanghai-Vienna (5272 miles)
    Vienna-Valencia (1343 miles)
    Valencia-Paris (855 miles)

Almost 10,000 miles travelled in the last six weeks!

Well done, Andy.

Murray v Djokovic just about to start just now.

Live on Sky Sports 3 for anyone who's interested.