hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by craigmounthibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And Dundee Utd at home on 3rd May 1986. Outstanding.
    This is how it feels

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mca View Post
    That was my first ever Derby...

( Does anyone remember why it was moved to the 6th ?? )

The Best Atmosphere for me was the Last Day of the East Stand..
    sure it got postponed due to wind and rain and was rescheduled a few days later on the 6th

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar
    Was at most of the games mentioned and in modern times was in the East for the AEK game doing the Hibee Bounce whether you wanted to or not was superb. When Paddy Stanton scored the equaliser in 94 mins at Tynie was great along with the Archie winner match. The 7 0 at tynie was good as it ended up with no Jambos left at Tynie. All the European games in the 60's and the Real Madrid friendly was superb but best of all I think was the Barcelona game with the Kinloch penalty winning the game after the Barca riot.

First Team Regular ruthven_raiders's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    As others have said, the Sporting Lisbon game was the best atmosphere at Easter Road i have been part of. Leeds twice, Juventus, Hadjuck Split was good too, a game folk seem to forget about.

There were also a few games against hertz and the huns where we had some huge crowds and great atmospheres too. Recently Athens was superb, but the Sporting Lisbon games was the best in my opinion.
    Was at the split game. 4-2 and I left my programme on the bus! Ahhhhh lol

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthven_raiders View Post
    Was at the split game. 4-2 and I left my programme on the bus! Ahhhhh lol
    should have knocked split out as well we were the better team but we gifted them a couple of goals that night , the cup winners cup was ours but we hit the dreaded slump.

@hibs.net private member
    AEK for me.

Definitely the 2-1 win over the Yams in 1987 thanks to Paul Kane and Eddie May. The noise before kick off was incredible. Sadly, noise pre kick off is now almost non existent...

AEK Athens was very emotional and special.

And of course that home game v Dundee Utd as Sir Albert Kidd did his magic at Dens.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Hibs 2-1 Huns Souness game
    Hibs 4-3 Celtc SC QF
    AEK

And on a more obscure note http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=77815

HIbs v Airdie games were often 'feisty' affairs. I'm sure Airdrie had at least 1 player sent off too. Nothing about who the ref was but I remember him being so bad that the East was baying for his blood. Add that to the fact it was a floodlit game and the atmosphere and noise for 6662 was amazing. In fact after some searching on the web, a certain 'D Kirkwood' (hun bass), scored 2 pens!
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    Arthur Duncan played through the middle and ran riot. The best atmosphere for me would have to be one of the European nights. Naples was brillient also the games against Leeds with over 40000 there, but the best for me was the second half against Sporting Lisbon and Jimmy O'Rourkes hat trick.
    Sporting game for me also Had 2 new front teeth put on a plate the day before and lost them (for a while) on the east terrace when the 3rd goal went in You will be pleased to know i found them eventually

Wasn't at the some of the classics like AEK, 6-2, etc.

Pre Match: The post Mercer bid derby. Best/Worst atmosphere I have been involved with ever. Cwazy watching the East from the West stand.

During match: Last Years New years, and the derby where O'Neil and Harper scored in a 2-1 win. ' singing his song, walking in a Hibee wonderland'

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    A few obvious ones that most will agree with. Surprised no one has mentioned Anderlecht. Lost my first wife when Dave Beaumont opened the scoring. Probably busiest I'd seen ER post East terracing reconstruction. Place went mental. Found her again at half time. Managed to lose her for good a few years later😊

Being before my time, I've just checked back the records and it appears we actually lost that game that day.

Why on Earth would Easter Road have been rocking in a game we lost?

If you could go into great detail during your explanation then that would be fantastic!

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EdinCapitals View Post
    The derby match post wallets attempted take over and the Souness match. In addition to that derby match, the atmosphere at matches against Aberdeen just after they nearly killed a Hibs fan was incredibly poisonous.
    I was a schoolboy. ER packed to the rafters and the most hostile atmosphere I've ever witnessed. It was carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Dundee United. Late 85-86 season. Very late.
    :-D

Better late than never.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

First Team Regular Billy McKirdy's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N?A Wii Code: N?A
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage East View Post
    The first 2 seasons we came back up (1999,2000?) were class. We used to bully and intimidate teams at ER.
    That first derby of the season when we came up at ER was a great atmosphere.

Wee Russell scoring from the spot and McSwegan equalising for the savilles, also Stevie Fulton getting booked for being ugly hahaha.

That was the game ET watched on the TV.

First Team Breakthrough
    AEK Athens for me,place was electric from start to finish.
    if we are throwing in derby matches,the game where hunter scored to end our horrible run against them.the nerves in the last ten minutes were excruciating but when the final whistle sounded the away end erupted with a mixture of relief and pure joy,grown men were crying.
    im back for this Sunday's game after being away for 7 years in Aus and bringing my wife to her first ever derby,fingers crossed

Seen a few Hibs Euro nights and they are usually good ..... But AEK Athens was just different from any match I have witnessed at ER, the atmosphere was surreal at times .... if Luna had netted that 3rd I'm positive the crowd would have been on the pitch.

The Souness game was brilliant too as was the 6 - 2 and the Spoony derby. There have been a few comeback matches, Dundee Utd a few years back and believe it or not the Dumbarton game this season .... its incredible the noise 6,000 folk can make if you give them a reason.

Away:

A cup semi in the 80s at Dens v the Sheep ... we lost 1 - 0 to a freak goal but the Hibs fans were brilliant all night.

The penalty defeat of the old Rangers at Hampden..... 7,000 legends that night.

The last 15 minutes of the 2013 cup final were special as were, believe it or not the first 20 odd minutes of the 2012 final, folk forget about that coz of the final outcome .... but up until everybody could see we had a bunch of losers playing for us that day we were kicking the Yams erses in the noise contest. You could barely hear them until they went 3 - 1 and a man up.

The Killie QF was brilliant too.

First Team Breakthrough
    About 30 seconds before Hamilton's second

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Being before my time, I've just checked back the records and it appears we actually lost that game that day.

Why on Earth would Easter Road have been rocking in a game we lost?

If you could go into great detail during your explanation then that would be fantastic!
    The savilles were 7 minutes away from winning the league when up popped albert kidd,and we know the rest.The sense of relief in the ground was amazing,was some day and atmosphere

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by weonlywon6-2 View Post
    The savilles were 7 minutes away from winning the league when up popped albert kidd,and we know the rest.The sense of relief in the ground was amazing,was some day and atmosphere
    The crowd was less than 3,000, with many Hibs fans having left the city not wanting to be about when hearts won the league. After the match you'd have thought Hibs had won the world cup, fans hanging out of car window, horns getting blastered, wonderful.

The win over Rangers when Souness was sent off.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 23-10-2014 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Old age

Forgot about that. Never known so much singing for a game we lost.

The chants of 'Dundee, Dundee' and 'Celtic, Celtic' were totally surreal

Quote Originally Posted by EdinCapitals View Post
    The crowd was less than 3,000, with many Hibs fans having left the city not wanting to be about when hearts won the league. After the match you'd have thought Hibs had won the world cup, fans hanging out of car window, horns getting blastered, wonderful.
    The crowd wasn't quite THAT small. It was officially given as 4,500.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 23-10-2014 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    The 1-0 win over Rangers when Souness was sent off.
    2-1?

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    2-1?
    Sorry, memory playing tricks on me.

Cheers.

First Team Regular West hamBERNIAN's Avatar
    Definitely aek, was amazing. I remember a night game against rangers, a year or two after our last promotion. Kenny Miller scored an goal to make it 2-2. Was a brilliant atmosphere.

The years when the east was covered and standing wont be beat. Think from around 84ish till they put the seats in??? 90s

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    Arthur Duncan played through the middle and ran riot. The best atmosphere for me would have to be one of the European nights. Naples was brillient also the games against Leeds with over 40000 there, but the best for me was the second half against Sporting Lisbon and Jimmy O'Rourkes hat trick.
    ........Remember it well,happy happy days.

@hibs.net private member
    AEK Athens and the 6-2 game in my lifetime.

AEK was brilliant but, for me, Sporting blew it away. The Cave was about to be converted into a family area with bench seating (only the Besa game after Sporting allowing standing). I remember being in the Cave well before kick off time and it was rammed despite there being no-one else in other parts of the ground. My older brother couldn't get in as he had just started work and couldn't get there in time. Just the best atmosphere ever IMHO!!

Bring back standing areas!!!

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    AEK by a mile for me. Is there any clips of the game kicking about on youtube?