hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be using ticket prices as an excuse for not supporting your team in a derby is almost laughable. As some folk have alluded to, these people would have no problem stumping up the cash if the boot was on the other foot.

Quite simply we are getting down towards our core support these days, where are all the fans from new years derby? Cup finals? At times our support can be pathetic
    Quite a few folk have responded to the cost bit of your post but I think the bit in bold is a tad unfair.

Look at the last few home games of last season when we were really up against it and things had become desperate. The support came out in their droves. Simple fact is a lot of folk are still scunnered at how last season panned out - on top on the continual decline over the previous 5 years or so - and it will take more than a derby to get them back along to ER any time soon.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Quite a few folk have responded to the cost bit of your post but I think the bit in bold is a tad unfair.

Look at the last few home games of last season when we were really up against it and things had become desperate. The support came out in their droves. Simple fact is a lot of folk are still scunnered at how last season panned out - on top on the continual decline over the previous 5 years or so - and it will take more than a derby to get them back along to ER any time soon.
    I've said my bit on this thread about feeling that the cost thing won't be the major factor in the empty seats we'll see on Sunday. I think your second paragraph is more the reason.

We all know that Hibs fans have turned out and been let down plenty times. My worry this week is more the lift it might give that lot running out and having a packed away end behind them whilst we've got a lot of empty seats in ours. A derby should be packed out. It takes away from the atmosphere for me when it's not.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar

I just cannot stand the fact that i will go and support my team on Sunday, because thats just what you do going into a derby, and i ll take my medicine if its another doing while about 6000 fans will be missing from the last derby at easter road where we were strong favourites to win. I honestly dont care what anyone says, we have a brilliant hard core support, but to lose 6000 fans in 10 months for a derby is a joke, fans like that dont deserve having a team to watch. A home derby whoever you are should mean a strong home following , intimidating the opposition.. Our fans do the opposite!

It's been said before but it's worth repeating...

There are different levels of devotion to your team.

From the supporters that go to every match regardless of the cost down to those that just read the result in the Paper. People also change groups over time. Some folk that now go to only 5 or 6 games a season maybe went to 30-40 matches in the 80s or 90s. Some folk that are now arguing that they'd go to games no matter the price, and would go to Dingwall on a wet Tuesday Evening, might actually find themselves as part-timers in a few years when their circumstances change.

For the Fans that go only occasionally, maybe 28 quid is a bit much for them to go watch Hibs get beat yet again by Hearts. If Hibs were vast favourites for the game, they might then think 28 quid was a fair price.

I just cannot stand the fact that i will go and support my team on Sunday, because thats just what you do going into a derby, and i ll take my medicine if its another doing while about 6000 fans will be missing from the last derby at easter road where we were strong favourites to win. I honestly dont care what anyone says, we have a brilliant hard core support, but to lose 6000 fans in 10 months for a derby is a joke, fans like that dont deserve having a team to watch. A home derby whoever you are should mean a strong home following , intimidating the opposition.. Our fans do the opposite!
    If Hearts were in our boat, and it was Tynecastle, then you would see empty spaces in their stand. To get much more than 10000 Hibs fans to this derby would have been impressive considering the last 5 + years. A New year derby is different anyway, so not fair to compare. Anyway packed stadiums while great to see aren't always an indicator of a positive support. The first derby after the Cup Final was in front a very small Hibs support, and yet we out sung those welchers.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    It's been said before but it's worth repeating...

There are different levels of devotion to your team.

From the supporters that go to every match regardless of the cost down to those that just read the result in the Paper. People also change groups over time. Some folk that now go to only 5 or 6 games a season maybe went to 30-40 matches in the 80s or 90s. Some folk that are now arguing that they'd go to games no matter the price, and would go to Dingwall on a wet Tuesday Evening, might actually find themselves as part-timers in a few years when their circumstances change.

For the Fans that go only occasionally, maybe 28 quid is a bit much for them to go watch Hibs get beat yet again by Hearts. If Hibs were vast favourites for the game, they might then think 28 quid was a fair price.
    You are spot on with this. I've been in all of these groups depending on circumstances and finances. Folk also go with their pals and if they've stopped going it becomes even harder. What is for sure is that once people break the habit it's even harder still to get them back. A good team on the park is the only way. Onwards and upwards, roll on 3pts come Sunday.

There are fair weather fans attached to most teams. We were on a great run going into the new year derby so it was obvious the crowd would be bigger. Normal service was soon resumed and the club are still feeling the consequences of that now. And to be honest, the derby record over the past 30 years would indicate that it wouldn't matter if there were 2000 or 20000 Hibbies in the stadium - chances are the balance would still tip in their favour more often than not.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: stevesyb
    Just had a look online and it's not great. Middle of the East looks fairly busy with the extreme sides being virtually empty.

Famous Five looks sporadic at best with the sides fairly empty.

West Stand - Embarrassing.

I'll got for no more than 13,000.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Probably been said already but if we were top of the league, unbeaten and 14 points clear of Hearts right now, we would be filling the stadium for tomorrow's game regardless of ticket price or what division we were in.

Well done to all the Hibernian Supporters who will be going along to support the team tomorrow! You are the ones who matter!

What time do they stop letting people into the ground? I've got a game in the morning and will struggle to get there for 12:15.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    What time do they stop letting people into the ground? I've got a game in the morning and will struggle to get there for 12:15.
    Officially, I think about after 20-30 minutes into the game but what you can do is what I did for one of the final debacle games last season. With 20 mins to go against Kilmarnock, I marched to the front of reception, having been refused entry at two gates by overzealous stewards. Reporting in time to help avert what was just a potential crisis at that stsge, I was then allowed to walk up the tunnel past both dugouts, players and managers, to take a seat in the lower West! Exhilarating. It turned out, my presence made no difference but it was gratifying that the club overcame their pathetic rule whereby stewards do not allow season ticket holders in once the game has started.
    I would recommend phoning the club in the morning to confirm their policy. Ridiculous that Season ticket holders get grief for arriving late.
    Last edited by Hibeesforever; 25-10-2014 at 10:18 PM.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ee. View Post
    Probably been said already but if we were top of the league, unbeaten and 14 points clear of Hearts right now, we would be filling the stadium for tomorrow's game regardless of ticket price or what division we were in.

Well done to all the Hibernian Supporters who will be going along to support the team tomorrow! You are the ones who matter!
    Ta.

First Team Breakthrough

Agreed. We have always turned up in numbers when needed.

The only thing i would point the finger at the club \ supporters is not backing pat fenlon a bit more. We let sportsound, the scottish media and some of our fans succeed in their attempts to get him out.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    It's the derby ffs. It doesn't matter how ***** we are or how good Hearts have been, it's all about turning up and having a bit of pride. **** this 'aw we're gonna get pumped so I'm no gaun' pish, is it any wonder they call us a wee team with attitudes like that?

In my opinion if you are free and can afford it there's no really an excuse for missing it.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    It's the derby ffs. It doesn't matter how ***** we are or how good Hearts have been, it's all about turning up and having a bit of pride. **** this 'aw we're gonna get pumped so I'm no gaun' pish, is it any wonder they call us a wee team with attitudes like that?

In my opinion if you are free and can afford it there's no really an excuse for missing it.
    Absolutely! As I said in another thread mate, they don't have a better derby record because of better players, they have it because of the mentality they have and we ***** ourselves from the *****! Every man and there dug should be down ER tomorrow, making it as hostile as possible for them and letting them know we are here and we won't lie down!

Our support has went the opposite way and turned into a bunch of pussies!

@hibs.net private member

I couldn't have put it better myself mate. I go to all the games and can't be arsed with the stayaway supporters who can afford to go. Does my head in reading their posts. We are Hibees daft through thick and thin - thats my motto:D

How many of us will be there an hour early?

Very disappointing. ..it appears some would rather moan on here than get along to ER and support their team. Yes we have all had a gutful these last few years but how can you justify not going to support your team in a Derby if your free and got the cash??

Agree 100%

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Awful crowd if that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    At £28 there won't be many walk ups today, pish weather, early kick off and live on TV.

No more than 14000.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Sadly it will probably be less than 13500

Quote Originally Posted by eddiethedog View Post
    Sadly it will probably be less than 13500
    Pretty embarrassing that though need the ones going to really get behind the team.

Enough of the "embarrassing" and "awful" chat please.

Everyone who attends today will be officially classed as both awesome and excellent. That's all that matters.

Well said Sean.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post

Everyone who attends today will be officially classed as both awesome and excellent. That's all that matters.
    Everyone?

Only 3 stands imo.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Sorry boss.

Looking for an awesome and excellent win to put them in their place. A performance like the one at Ibrox would do the business. Can see Scott and Dylan running the show.

That's my opinion too. We read all the time about that lot treating it as a bigger game etc. Well we can't moan at our players for treating it like any other game if that's exactly what our support are doing.

Left by mutual consent! Stuarty27's Avatar

Spot on!!

Everyone who attends today's games are the people who should be remembered when it comes to dishing out cup finals tickets :)