hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rosco_1982 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's very simple, if this game was on Saturday I'd be there. Will watch it in the house instead
    Why?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Sorry no way paying that sort of money in this devision with that team on park it's exploitation not failure to support

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    They sold out when Mercer took over.

Testimonial Due
    Not going. First home game I'll have missed but I really don't like lunchtime kickoffs. If we were doing better and there was a bit of buzz about it I'd have gone, like I did the first derby of the season. But the whole league season now just feels like it's descending into us getting into third and staying there. I'll get excited again for the playoffs.

Was actually offered a free ticket and turned it down, so can't even pretend it's the 28 quid that's stopping me going!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Sunday 12:15 KO (brutal time for football BTW) and £28 would still be an issue for me, I will still be there anyway.
    So it really wouldn't be an issue as you'd still make it, if we made the kind of start to the Season that Hearts or even Rangers have made then we'd be looking at 17/18k for this game, timing of a fixture is only ever an Attendance issue when we are crap

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    Not going. First home game I'll have missed but I really don't like lunchtime kickoffs. If we were doing better and there was a bit of buzz about it I'd have gone, like I did the first derby of the season. But the whole league season now just feels like it's descending into us getting into third and staying there. I'll get excited again for the playoffs.

Was actually offered a free ticket and turned it down, so can't even pretend it's the 28 quid that's stopping me going!
    Maybe it's time to change your user name to DampClothOverLeith?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

I reckon around 14000. I'm undecided myself, have to say im much more excited atbout the dundee utd game and will definitely be at that

I think 12-13000. Find it quite sad that it's all we can attract for one of our biggest games of the season but I guess it's just a sign of the apathy . Hopefully a sustained run of good results can start to draw people back.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I think 12-13000. Find it quite sad that it's all we can attract for one of our biggest games of the season but I guess it's just a sign of the apathy . Hopefully a sustained run of good results can start to draw people back.
    Surely we can muster 12 ,000 hibs fans for a Derby They are due a defeat ,we are playing better and five games unbeaten . Was there at Livi and will be there on Sunday have never been Apathetic .Pissed off and frustrated at times yes but wouldn't not go just because I thought they may beat us ,as painful as that experience is
    Think we need Silver to issue a rallying cry to the Troops

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Remember folks although it's a 12.15pm ko, the clocks change on Sunday morning, so you get an extra hour, so it's the equivalent of a 1.15 ko😄

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Remember folks although it's a 12.15pm ko, the clocks change on Sunday morning, so you get an extra hour, so it's the equivalent of a 1.15 ko
    Comes in very handy for me

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Surely we can muster 12 ,000 hibs fans for a Derby They are due a defeat ,we are playing better and five games unbeaten . Was there at Livi and will be there on Sunday have never been Apathetic .Pissed off and frustrated at times yes but wouldn't not go just because I thought they may beat us ,as painful as that experience is
    Our last home game attracted under 8000. I just can't see us adding serious numbers to that.

We are on a decent enough run at the moment and it should encourage a few extra along. Reading this thread, and the predictions thread, I don't think there is an issue with people not being able to go, I just think people don't really want to go. The early Sunday kick off might stop a few but if was roles reversed and we were 14 points clear of them then people would be desperate to go and would work around it.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    I'll be watching in a pub in Germany on my mates stag do. Was booked well before fixtures came out. Mix of Hibs/them on the stag

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    We all need to be there to support the team. Forget the disappointments of previous years because this is the next game against our most bitter and noisy rivals. Our luck against them has to change sometime and this is another chance. Forget about dodgy ko times because thats a crap excuse. Go to the pub after the game rather than before it. You might even have something to celebrate. I still recall the "we are unbeatable" fixture. The celebrations when GoC and Boozy scored were amongst the best I've ever experienced. Its shaping up to go the same way on sunday so why risk missing it?

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Largshibby View Post
    We all need to be there to support the team. Forget the disappointments of previous years because this is the next game against our most bitter and noisy rivals. Our luck against them has to change sometime and this is another chance. Forget about dodgy ko times because thats a crap excuse. Go to the pub after the game rather than before it. You might even have something to celebrate. I still recall the "we are unbeatable" fixture. The celebrations when GoC and Boozy scored were amongst the best I've ever experienced. Its shaping up to go the same way on sunday so why risk missing it?
    yes got to agree the celebrations when GoC blasted the second past gordon the place just went mental, also they had a good side and ours wisnae that bad as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    They sold out when Mercer took over.

I'd love to go but can't afford the £40 odd quid it would be for me and my daughter so tv it is...

At Easter Road we play...

Any online ticket red dot counters around? :D

7000 season ticket holders, 4000 of them, few hospital and walk ups- I'll go for 14100.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman1875 View Post
    I'd love to go but can't afford the £40 odd quid it would be for me and my daughter so tv it is...

Pricing in the modern game is just crazy. It's a sad reflection upon the game when there are empty seats and fans willing to fill them, but ticket prices make it prohibitive. £28 adult ticket for the Scottish Championship, derby game or not, is unacceptable. There needs to be sensible pricing so all sections of the support can watch the team.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Pricing in the modern game is just crazy. It's a sad reflection upon the game when there are empty seats and fans willing to fill them, but ticket prices make it prohibitive. £28 adult ticket for the Scottish Championship, derby game or not, is unacceptable. There needs to be sensible pricing so all sections of the support can watch the team.

If we had been on the same sort of run that Hearts have been we would be selling this game out easily. Price would not be an issue.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    If we had been on the same sort of run that Hearts have been we would be selling this game out easily. Price would not be an issue.
    Perhaps, but that doesn't help fans like Iceman and his daughter get to games. For many fans the cost of going to football has priced them out, which is sad. The traditional working class fan simply can't afford it. The whole thing needs looking at across the game.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Just because we'd sell it out I don't think that means it's not an issue.

I normally defend the club on ticketing prices but I think £28 for this game is outrageous.

I don't understand why cat a games need to be more expensive. I realise there's higher policing costs but why not try and get more people paying less than getting less people to pay more (that makes sense in my head)

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Just because we'd sell it out I don't think that means it's not an issue.

I normally defend the club on ticketing prices but I think £28 for this game is outrageous.

I don't understand why cat a games need to be more expensive. I realise there's higher policing costs but why not try and get more people paying less than getting less people to pay more (that makes sense in my head)
    Absolutely.

If the game was standard pricing I'd push to attend based on the fact it's the derby.

Surely 2500-3000 walk ups at £20-£22 would be better than 1500 at £28 a shot. I'm sure the unwashed would have something to say about it mind you!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman1875 View Post
    Absolutely.

If the game was standard pricing I'd push to attend based on the fact it's the derby.

Surely 2500-3000 walk ups at £20-£22 would be better than 1500 at £28 a shot. I'm sure the unwashed would have something to say about it mind you!

We cannot charge Hearts more than us. It means a lot more than 2500 to 3000 walk ups at £8 a time

I reckon it will be between 13-14,000.

Can't see any of the three home stands being anywhere near full.

I'll be there though and hoping to see us really hammer those freaks.

FTH. giruy.gif

I'll be there with bells on 14420

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EllChrisso PSN ID: EllChrisso

@hibs.net private member WellingtonHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Remember folks although it's a 12.15pm ko, the clocks change on Sunday morning, so you get an extra hour, so it's the equivalent of a 1.15 ko
    Nightmare for us on the other side of the world! - taken it from a manageable 12.15am ko to a Pain-in-the-arse 1.15am kick off!
    Kicking it in Wellington .