hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scott Allan

Quote Originally Posted by CmoantheHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its only fickle if its the same people that were writing him off that are now praising him.I have no idea if that is or isnt the case here.
    I thought he was superb last night.His final ball does let him down at times probably due to the fact he looks for incisive passes that will split a defence which are obviously not as easy as a simple pass.When you run and go past people like he does it makes those passes a bit more likely to succeed.I like the fact he has the desire to make things happen.
    Even though he hasn't set the heather alight here, I've said from day one that he belongs at a higher level and that you can tell how good a player is even if they aren't playing well. His touch and vision have been excellent so far.

People might disagree about the vision aspect but he's always looking for intelligent movement that sadly isn't there. These killer passes that fail would probably pay off in better teams where there is better movement and intelligent runs ahead of him.

When he's fit and firing in all cylinders then he will be our main man.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gives the ball away a fair bit but it's usually because he's trying to do something with it instead of just playing it square.

Much more like it tonight. Still miles of room for improvement. Could be a big player for us.

Once the other players cotton on to what he is trying to do and make the runs .. His final ball will be much more productive .. All about reading the game and looking for openings

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    A class act and I don't think we've seen the best of Scott yet.

I hope Stubbs now realises having the likes of Allen and Stanton benched in favour of the hide n seek champ that is Liam Craig is ludicrous...a half fit Allen is better than Craig every time...will be a very important player 4us as season wares on...

First Team Breakthrough
    Hope the Derby we start 4-4-2 and the midfield is the exact same as Saturday

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    I hope Stubbs now realises having the likes of Allen and Stanton benched in favour of the hide n seek champ that is Liam Craig is ludicrous...a half fit Allen is better than Craig every time...will be a very important player 4us as season wares on...
    AS is still learning about this squad - he'll know all about their abilities by now, and now he is getting a better understanding of how individuals respond to match situations.

You would have thought that LC would be an asset when the team is not performing that well and new players are still being integrated into the team. He's experienced, should be able to keep the ball well, and also give us a threat at set pieces.

You would have thought all these things, but it hasn't worked out like that. I don't blame AS at all for chopping and changing tactics and personnel up to this point, but hopefully the best 11 is now showing itself.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Not personally seen many folk on here saying he's a bad player over the past few weeks. Plenty folk, myself included, disappointed that he hadn't lived up to expectations yet. He was excellent on Saturday, as he was at Ibrox. If he gets consistency into his game and starts performing like that each week then he will be the best midfielder in this league, by quite some distance.

He's dynamic. He's fast, tricky, and intelligent. We can play him in a diamond, behind the striker or as a deep-lying playmaker. I can't remember the last time we had someone with the potential to dominate the midfield like Allan potentially can. Was it Boozy?

Really looking forward to seeing more of Allan as the season progresses and he becomes more comfortable playing regularly and the team starts to gel (also hope we sign McGeouch anaw as he's potentially a very good box-to-box midfielder - like a young Scott Robertson )

Boozy of course by always making himself available to take the ball in tight situations was very instrumental in the development of Brown and Thomson and helping them become players.If Allan could achieve something like that(even as a youngster himself)he'll be worth his weight in gold.

I genuinely think the issue with Allan (I thought this about Doyle as well) is his footballing brain is ahead of the rest of the players. He goes for the million dollar pass. Fair enough it may not be coming off for him just now but he tries things that other players wouldn't and when they do start coming off I reckon he will be by far our best player.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    I genuinely think the issue with Allan (I thought this about Doyle as well) is his footballing brain is ahead of the rest of the players. He goes for the million dollar pass. Fair enough it may not be coming off for him just now but he tries things that other players wouldn't and when they do start coming off I reckon he will be by far our best player.
    I agree Just love the way he seems to glide over the grass and he is pacier than I thought he'd be too
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Boozy of course by always making himself available to take the ball in tight situations was very instrumental in the development of Brown and Thomson and helping them become players.If Allan could achieve something like that(even as a youngster himself)he'll be worth his weight in gold.
    That's the important thing and we seem to have got a lot better at that.

It's what will make us a decent ball-playing team - that energy and understanding about what's important.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars