hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Flares

Quote Originally Posted by boab1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But it is the drummer and his pals though that are causing all the bother. we need these idiots identified and banned from all matches. Injuring our own fans and getting the club into trouble isn't a price worth paying for having idiots like these at matches. Last season I was at a match where said drummer (who appears to be the ringleader of a bunch of wee neds) was spouting off to his mate about how we need to make more of our Irish heritage and support the IRA more openly. This is what we are dealing with here. Giving the club a terrible name in my view.
    Absolute nonsense
    This is how it feels

2. Log in to remove the advert

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Can't we just declare open season on smoke bombs and smoke bombers? Free season ticket per scalp presented to the ticket office.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boab1875 View Post
    But it is the drummer and his pals though that are causing all the bother. we need these idiots identified and banned from all matches. Injuring our own fans and getting the club into trouble isn't a price worth paying for having idiots like these at matches. Last season I was at a match where said drummer (who appears to be the ringleader of a bunch of wee neds) was spouting off to his mate about how we need to make more of our Irish heritage and support the IRA more openly. This is what we are dealing with here. Giving the club a terrible name in my view.
    i smell lies.jpg

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    I really dont like to but I TOLD YOU SO!!!

I was sitting opposite the Hibs stand today and watched these wee thugs let off three smoke bombs and saw the wee lad getting carried out by the stewards and police.

Its got to the point were this behavior is totally out of order and is downright embarrassing not just for the club but for us supporters!

Time after time on here these wee neds have been warned of the consequences of what can happen letting off these smoke bombs and to compound that with a bloody firework is sheer madness. There was nothing smart or funny about doing stupid things like this and what for???

Even earlier in the day in the Livi centre a crowd of them came marching through in black zip jackets and hoods up making grunting noises at everyone, followed by load of police who ushered them out.

What do they think they are doing? its not smart or cool they are just making a fool of themselves and us as Hibs supporters. Its about time the Hibs supporters around them started to pull them out and hand them to the police to be dealt with.

This WILL cost the club dearly and for what? i can honestly say that not one of them was over the age of 14/15 yrs old!! followed by a lot of wee yins wanting to be like them!!

This must stop before something really bad happens. I just hope that the mother and father of that boy who was injured asks why he was in that crowd and what for!!

Its hard for the club to stop this, so we have to help them get rid of these wee thugs!!!

Good luck with that. That's the job of the police and stewards not vigilante fans. That would cause chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    We're no angels, but we've a lot to lose. Jobs, houses, families.

We aren't allowed back in 43 as it stands. Hopefully Hibs will get their act together and let us do what we do best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Unbelievable that the guys who generate the atmosphere have been excluded from S43 while the cretins who set off flares take up occupation

Sheer madness by hibs JB

What these lads need is a standing area in the ground where they can go and not annoy anybody. I'd very much like a standing area at Easter rd. Last night the police could have moved them behind one of the empty goals to let them sing, dance and drum away.

Wee pricks need banned.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    So cringey watching that. Could be a useful video for hibs to see to help keep these morons under bridges rather than ER.

Left by mutual consent!
    Embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Sheer madness by hibs JB

What these lads need is a standing area in the ground where they can go and not annoy anybody. I'd very much like a standing area at Easter rd. Last night the police could have moved them behind one of the empty goals to let them sing, dance and drum away.

What has a standing area to do with bringing in smoke bombs or letting off fireworks in a public place!

They were given Sect 43 as an area for their "singing" they stand there all the time and make their own merriment and are now abusing the privilege given to them.

The thread is about wee neds endangering those around them, breaking the law by bringing in to the grounds banned items and causing possible injury to spectators around them!

Thats what needs to be addressed before someone is seriously hurt and the club sanctioned for the behavior of these idiots home and away!

Edina Hibs Ultras???

Published on 2 Jun 2013???

Might not be that useful for the current problem.
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Flares are best left of Italians and Poles. Looks pure shife at Almondvale.

What's next, nicking flags and hanging them upside down while wearing balaclavas and posting the pictures on "hooligan" websites.

Cringe.

I'm all for singing and jumping about, but the smoke/flares has got to stop.

J
    Got your flag back from those pesky Poles yet? ;-)

@hibs.net private member
    The smoke bombs are crap and don't add to the atmosphere. But I can't say I'm supportive of the action of the police yesterday. Containing a whole section of the support is wrong. Deal with culprits not innocents sitting close to the them.

First Team Breakthrough
    The person who uploaded that plays for hibs ladies under 17s

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

What has a standing area to do with bringing in smoke bombs or letting off fireworks in a public place!

They were given Sect 43 as an area for their "singing" they stand there all the time and make their own merriment and are now abusing the privilege given to them.

The thread is about wee neds endangering those around them, breaking the law by bringing in to the grounds banned items and causing possible injury to spectators around them!

Thats what needs to be addressed before someone is seriously hurt and the club sanctioned for the behavior of these idiots home and away!

Rubbish. They have already said they are not associated with the flare mob they just tag along. Unfair to blame the drum team for the smokers. Taking section 43 away from them will completely destroy the atmosphere at home games. Makes it even easier for away teams to come and get the points.

Folk complaining have have to be careful what you wish for. By banning everyone that' like to sing dance and drum then you can wave bye bye to the atmosphere and future generations of supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Embarrassing.

How?

Be assured The Club and Police Scotland have the You Tube video

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Wee pricks need banned.

No they don't! They just need reeducated. Banning is not the answer. Let's ban them and reduce our crowds even more!

@hibs.net private member

Wee neds? Exactly the perception these ********s are causing. I can assure you that all of us who moved away around 30 minutes are not 'wee neds'. The majority well into our 20s with livelihoods at stake in terms of jobs, kids, mortgages etc.

We hoped our actions yesterday sorted this kind of opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by THE WEEGE View Post
    Be assured The Club and Police Scotland have the You Tube video

What at good is it to them? They're not doing anything in the stadium.

Left by mutual consent!
    How?
    Because it is, look at them

@hibs.net private member
    No they don't! They just need reeducated. Banning is not the answer. Let's ban them and reduce our crowds even more!
    Disagree, these are the same neds causing trouble up town and in the train station after games too. I don't want them to be associated with Hibs. Happily accept a ten year ban for them, maybe by then they will have grown up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    Wee neds? Exactly the perception these ********s are causing. I can assure you that all of us who moved away around 30 minutes are not 'wee neds'. The majority well into our 20s with livelihoods at stake in terms of jobs, kids, mortgages etc.

We hoped our actions yesterday sorted this kind of opinion.

It appears you boys are getting unfairly tarred with the same brush. The op says that they were watching from the west stand so how they could see how old these people were is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Because it is, look at them

That's a valid reason right enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    Disagree, these are the same neds causing trouble up town and in the train station after games too. I don't want them to be associated with Hibs. Happily accept a ten year ban for them, maybe by then they will have grown up a bit.

Theres a much older generation associated with hibs that cause trouble but nobody seems to bother about them!

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydoo View Post
    Jesus Christ, some people on here are obviously upset that we won tonight.

A child has a burned face and a burst eardrum, somone could have taken a fit at the loud bang, neds singing IRA songs....

God forbid that anyone actually celebrate a goal, we might have a decapitation on our hands!
    I was at a birthday party the other week, As soon as I walked in I set off a banger and then launched a smoke bomb into the crowd of people.

Because that's how you're supposed to celebrate apparently.

What I don't get is if these guys were causing trouble on their way to the match and followed by the police WTF were the police doing letting them into the ground? Or at least giving them a full search before letting them in.
    Space to let

Left by mutual consent!
    That's a valid reason right enough.
    Wee laddies letting off a smoke bomb, cuddling round eacother getting their picture taken thinking their gods gift is embarrassing.

Valid enough for me.

Yes they do. My 6 year old nephew is too scared to go to Easter road now because he thought the stand was on fire vs Dumbarton. How is it fair that he can't go watch his favourite football team because of idiots who think it's funny to set off flares?

What at good is it to them? They're not doing anything in the stadium.
    It helps them I.D them? stop and search in and around ER ? ( Is good to know who they might be.)
    I'll happily point out anyone I see let off flares in ER.
    Last edited by ALF TUPPER; 19-10-2014 at 10:54 AM.