hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like who? The problem is we don't have players who are sharp enough and experienced enough to be box players. The opposition might have one line of five and another of four in their own half but as soon as our wingers are ready to cross they have five and four in their box. Unless we commit nine players in the box we are always outnumbered. Attacking teams need a bit of luck in this situation. DM is laid back for a box player in a packed box and the others are either inexperienced or past it. Dumbarton have one of the biggest/tallest sides in the league and are the only team to have taken a point from Hearts so far. Hardly surprising they took a point from Hibs but Hibs should have had a goal had the officials had the same view as those of us in the West Stand, Hibs would have won the game at least 1-0. We need to sort out our second half performance at home thought because it is becoming consistently poorer than our first half.

Of course the answer to a crowded box is the hard low driven cross through the 6 yard box-plenty people to deflect off.Our idea of a cross is actually a lob to the penalty spot.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    McGeoch was our best player by a mile. Stevenson was better than McGeoch? Is that what you are seriously suggesting?

In the 1st half Stevenson was outstanding playing as an attacking WB, when the change came about, he had to revert back to being a normal FB, Dylan was very good for the whole match, that's what I'm saying but then again why not ignore the words in my post where I said best player in the 1st half and choose to pick on something I didn't actually say.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    In the 1st half Stevenson was outstanding playing as an attacking WB, when the change came about, he had to revert back to being a normal FB, Dylan was very good for the whole match, that's what I'm saying but then again why not ignore the words in my post where I said best player in the 1st half and choose to pick on something I didn't actually say.
    Opinions eh. I thought Stevenson was poor.

That would mean playing a DM which we don't have.
    Then play Booth at LB and use Stevenson as DM - he has the discipline and work rate to do well there, whilst Booth's defensive weakness won't be an issue in the games where we will be on the attack for most of the match.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Then play Booth at LB and use Stevenson as DM - he has the discipline and work rate to do well there, whilst Booth's defensive weakness won't be an issue in the games where we will be on the attack for most of the match.
    I have mentioned this on quite a few threads now, Lewis is a natural midfielder and as you say he has the discipline and work rate to be a decent DM.

@hibs.net private member
    I have mentioned this on quite a few threads now, Lewis is a natural midfielder and as you say he has the discipline and work rate to be a decent DM.
    He does but do you think his lack of a right foot would cause him problems when playing centrally?

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    He does but do you think his lack of a right foot would cause him problems when playing centrally?
    Don't know about that but t didn't do Thomson any harm did it, also he put in a cracking cross last week with his right when Gray went off, if it was just to play the simple pass, then I'm sure he'll do.

I knew it was too good an idea to be my own!

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Would the lack of a left foot hinder a right sided player?

Most players prefer their more natural foot, but there is no reason why they shouldn't be competent with their other foot given that they are full time professionals who can work on improving it. I'm sure many of the amateur players on here will make a point of practicing with both feet - I did and I was barely good enough to get a kick around with my mates.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.