hibs.net Messageboard

Rugby League Grand Final

Anyone watch it and see those punches?

I think this is a link to it (can't verify it form my work) www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrPBnxacK2Q

Lengthy ban coming his way!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Cracking first punch, cowardly second. Let his team down though.

2nd punch was bang out of order.

Can see why he reacted with the 1st one though, I'd probable react to an elbow to the chops as well. I know the other player was subbed as injured and not entirely sure of the rules but could he, or his replacement, not have been sin binned for the initial late elbow?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Can see why he reacted with the 1st one though, I'd probable react to an elbow to the chops as well. I know the other player was subbed as injured and not entirely sure of the rules but could he, or his replacement, not have been sin binned for the initial late elbow?
    Hohaia was out of order with the elbow and should have (and perhaps would have) been pulled up for it but for Flower sending him to sleep with his fist.

Hohaia has been charged for the forearm smash, albeit a Grade B offence which will mean a 1 match ban.

First Team Regular over the line's Avatar
    You would probably be looking at at least a 16 game ban if you did that in Oz, maybe even a season ban, seeing as it was at the most high profile game of the season. The rules here say the max ban he can be given is 8, but I think they can add a few to that in certain circumstances. I think a 10-12 game ban would be fair, but the RFL are a bit windy when it comes to dishing out long bans.

Great game though wasn't it? As a season ticket holder at Warrington, I dislike both Wigan and Saints, but hats off to them, it was a cracker!

I've watched it back about 10 times now (there is a clearer version on YouTube) and I think what Hohaia does is nothing really. It certainly isn't an elbow, more of a two handed push, with maybe a bit of forearm, doesn't look to be any head contact. I don't think he will get a ban, he has already missed one of the biggest games of his life as a result of it.
    Last edited by over the line; 13-10-2014 at 07:37 PM.

13 game ban for Flower. Slightly more than what I expected really. I still think it should more like 20, but was never going to happen. I'm assuming he is also banned from training with the team in that time as well, but I don't know for sure.