hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tom English ???

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Without wanting to turn this into another Independence debate, to be honest I am sick to the teeth of it, I base my judgment on the tone of letters in the papers and comments on social media. A lot of these are anti English but it seems to be that a section of society now hold the view that the pro independence minority are the only people that are entitled to call themselves Scots and comment on anything relating to Scotland. That is not to say all pro indepence voters hold that view. I might be wrong but is feels to me that the underlying tone of the original post is the fact that Tom English is Irish and as such should keep his views to himself.
    More total nonsense from you. I thought people were supposed to get wiser as they got older!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    More total nonsense from you. I thought people were supposed to get wiser as they got older!
    Obviously you will not agree with me , and I couldn't care less if you think it's nonsense. Its my opinion and a view held by many.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. Rolls View Post
    Says who? I'm not having a go at either of you, but one says its up, one says its down. How do you measure such a thing, and what period are you measuring it over?
    Comparing things like the terraces in the 80s and the old fashioned views of SOME of the wartime generation. All my opinion - that's all i can offer!

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by macd123 View Post
    Comparing things like the terraces in the 80s and the old fashioned views of SOME of the wartime generation. All my opinion - that's all i can offer!
    As I say I wasn't having a go, just interested to hear folks sources.

First Team Breakthrough
    Obviously you will not agree with me , and I couldn't care less if you think it's nonsense. Its my opinion and a view held by many.
    Malcolm it's just a bit cheap to accuse people who don't agree with you of being racist.

People voted yes knowing it would likely mean staying in the EU and an independent scotland needing 1 million immigrants of working age over the next 20 years. Accusing yessers of being racist is on the same level as people saying no voters don't feel scottish.

And btw i like tom english!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. Rolls View Post
    As I say I wasn't having a go, just interested to hear folks sources.
    Fair enough Phil

This is what get's me. The NO voters seem to get comfort from the fact that they voted no out of some anti-English agenda. I love England, the English and am thinking of moving down to Rugby soon. I simply think Scotland should grow up, grow a pair and become a nation amongst nations.

I too am sick of the whole referendum and respect those who want to be British but I will always speak out against those who say xenophobia was at the heart of it.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Fair enough and I respect your opinion. I voted No for no other reason than I felt it was in Scotlands best interests but that's my opinion.
    Let's move on.

Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    This is what get's me. The NO voters seem to get comfort from the fact that they voted no out of some anti-English agenda. I love England, the English and am thinking of moving down to Rugby soon. I simply think Scotland should grow up, grow a pair and become a nation amongst nations.

I too am sick of the whole referendum and respect those who want to be British but I will always speak out against those who say xenophobia was at the heart of it.

Voted No out of some anti-English agenda?That's a new one.

First Team Breakthrough
    Fair enough and I respect your opinion. I voted No for no other reason than I felt it was in Scotlands best interests but that's my opinion.
    Let's move on.
    Agreed

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Voted No out of some anti-English agenda?That's a new one.
    Not that new, the more ignorant commentators down south were trotting it out regularly. It seems to have been easier than trying to understand and explain the real issues.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    English talks more sense than all the inbred weedgie west coast media mafia put together. The fact he's Irish is probably an advantage, as he isn't weighed down by the usual Scottish football prejudices.
    Not only does he talk sense, he is also an entertaining writer.