Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats a great post
    Seconded.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    The overriding message from that survey - based on the results - is that a winning team on the park is a priority, and that funds must go directly towards funding said team.

The survey summary does not mention this once.
    Glad i am not the only one to spot that point!!

I predicted as much a few weeks back.

Invest in team on park? Nope it's better communications you want...

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Good question Matty - how ye doin? My understanding is the former - not that it makes a hoot of a difference

Rod has hand picked every board member since the nineties. Even when he wasn't the chairman. He came to Hibs with no experience of football or developing a customer-led business. With no business track record or acumen to speak of he has failed in spite of the calibre of his board rather than because of it. The 2 previous CEO's left with no job to go to. He has gone through more managers in the last decade than almost any other chairman in Scotland. Until last week we were in the lowest league position in our 140 year history. We've been in the second tier 4 times in that period, twice in his tenure. In the past 17 years the quality of football on offer has been poor for all but 4 years. We had 12,000 season ticket holders in 2007. Now we have @7,000 IIRC.

Who in their right mind would want to join a football club board that is so poorly led? In my opinion, nothing short of a change of leadership will incentivise a new supporter to step forward.

But I could be wrong?
    I don't think anyone could disagree with this post! There are some posters who quite rightly have a different opinion but I think anyone who could disagree with these facts needs to have a reality check.

The only way forward is a change of leadership within the club but that change in my humble opinion cannot be through the existing regime.

I have no idea of the persons name who has been suggested by the club and if it's true it smacks of a control measure by the powers that be. Everything needs to be transparent but sadly it won't be by the sound of it.

The fans groups who have sprung up need to unite have a common voice, and not accept that things can't change if we really want it to!
    Last edited by WHUHibs; 09-10-2014 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Good question Matty - how ye doin? My understanding is the former - not that it makes a hoot of a difference

Rod has hand picked every board member since the nineties. Even when he wasn't the chairman. He came to Hibs with no experience of football or developing a customer-led business. With no business track record or acumen to speak of he has failed in spite of the calibre of his board rather than because of it. The 2 previous CEO's left with no job to go to. He has gone through more managers in the last decade than almost any other chairman in Scotland. Until last week we were in the lowest league position in our 140 year history. We've been in the second tier 4 times in that period, twice in his tenure. In the past 17 years the quality of football on offer has been poor for all but 4 years. We had 12,000 season ticket holders in 2007. Now we have @7,000 IIRC.

Who in their right mind would want to join a football club board that is so poorly led? In my opinion, nothing short of a change of leadership will incentivise a new supporter to step forward.

But I could be wrong?