hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    There's a sign at the end of the road that just says "HTC" on it. That's your turn off.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Okay if I come tomorrow as well?

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay if I come tomorrow as well?
    Yep, no problem.

I think my son Fraser is added to my wee bro Ianfaeclerrie. So the +1 is now a +2

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Yep, no problem.
    Can I add 2 more?

Thanks

@hibs.net private member HibeeMassive's Avatar
    Mikey - could I bring one extra along tonight? That'll be 4 in total if thats ok.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    I think my son Fraser is added to my wee bro Ianfaeclerrie. So the +1 is now a +2
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Can I add 2 more?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMassive View Post
    Mikey - could I bring one extra along tonight? That'll be 4 in total if thats ok.

Cheers
    No problem

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibees62
    Mikey many thanks for organising this night fantastic insight to what's going on in the background at our club could have stayed for longer,brilliant stuff

Quote Originally Posted by KingFranck View Post
    Mikey many thanks for organising this night fantastic insight to what's going on in the background at our club could have stayed for longer,brilliant stuff
    Agreed. Really interesting evening.

Only thing I can say is the club need to let more people see what is going on behind the scenes, maybe a couple of bigger sessions in BTG? The more people that see and hear it, the more that will buy into it.

Alan Stubbs seems like a really genuone decent guy. We've got a good one here.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Only thing I can say is the club need to let more people see what is going on behind the scenes, maybe a couple of bigger sessions in BTG? The more people that see and hear it, the more that will buy into it.

What sort of stuff were they going over , PB?

I had planned to go to the first session, but that was pulled and I couldn't make it to this one.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by KingFranck View Post
    Couldn't agree more, very enjoyable, delivered with passion. The future looks much brighter.

Thanks Mikey for giving me the opportunity.

First Team Breakthrough
    Loved it Just back from the visit to East Mains. Superb night - we were there for three hours , had speeches and presentations from Stubbs, Craig, Head of Recruitment, Head of Sports Science and wee tour. Our club is in great hands folks, although the previous management team left it in a bigger mess than we could ever have imagined. So many great things going on behind the scenes. GGTTH
    Thanks for organising.

Quote Originally Posted by djs69 View Post
    Loved it Just back from the visit to East Mains. Superb night - we were there for three hours , had speeches and presentations from Stubbs, Craig, Head of Recruitment, Head of Sports Science and wee tour. Our club is in great hands folks, although the previous management team left it in a bigger mess than we could ever have imagined. So many great things going on behind the scenes. GGTTH
    Thanks for organising.
    I have to agree with all the guys so far really enjoyed the nite, but I didn't think I could hate butcher any more than I did but the state he left the club in sickens me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting points for me were:

Players were so unfit when reporting back for pre season that they had to have a 4 week programme just to get them to a basic level of fitness. There was thousands of pounds of equipment lying in a cupboard doing nothing and no data available on any player. This wasn't 4 weeks worth of unfitness but at least 1 seasons worth.

The young lad at Spartans is being actively tracked by Hibs and was watched last night at Ibrox.

The Griffiths deal was all agreed between clubs and with the player until Celtic pulled the plug on deadline day.

The explanation into the recruitment process made a lot of sense.

The adoption of a Swansea/Southamptom type model is well underway and this structure will last beyond any manager or player.

Stubbs really rates McGeough and we are trying to sign him. He said he has raised the standard in training considerably.

The players in the bookies by 12 stuff is a thing of the past. They average day(s) was explained in great detail and it sounds bloody hard work.

We have '5 or 6 top professionals', Paul Hanlon was named, a few more need a bit encouragement but are coming round.

Sure I've missed plenty or maybe misquoted a few bits so sure others will add or correct

Cheers folks. Good to hear it went well.

We're still keen to have a daytime visit during the school holidays but I'm not sure yet if we can work that into the Christmas break. Hopefully something can be worked out, but obviously we want to avoid any danger of it being cancelled!

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

Players were so unfit when reporting back for pre season that they had to have a 4 week programme just to get them to a basic level of fitness. There was thousands of pounds of equipment lying in a cupboard doing nothing and no data available on any player. This wasn't 4 weeks worth of unfitness but at least 1 seasons worth.

The young lad at Spartans is being actively tracked by Hibs and was watched last night at Ibrox.

The Griffiths deal was all agreed between clubs and with the player until Celtic pulled the plug on deadline day.

The adoption of a Swansea/Southamptom type model is well underway and this structure will last beyond any manager or player.

Stubbs really rates McGeough and we are trying to sign him. He said he has raised the standard in training considerably.

The players in the bookies by 12 stuff is a thing of the past. They average day(s) was explained in great detail and it sounds bloody hard work.

We have '5 or 6 top professionals', Paul Hanlon was named, a few more need a bit encouragement but are coming round.

Sure I've missed plenty or maybe misquoted a few bits so sure others will add or correct
    Cheers for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Cheers folks. Good to hear it went well.

We're still keen to have a daytime visit during the school holidays but I'm not sure yet if we can work that into the Christmas break. Hopefully something can be worked out, but obviously we want to avoid any danger of it being cancelled!
    George Craig said tonight he is very keen to rearrange that and apologised several times for the cancellation.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Well mikey I think George Craig would have a nite like tonite every nite and I thnk if any of the doom and gloomers were to go they would come away with a more positive outlook for the future thanks again mikey great nite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As described, a very informative & interesting evening.
    Though it was rightly all about looking forward some of the revelations on player fitness etc can only be seen as a scathing indictment of previous management, and not just the last manager.

thanks for all of this PB, very interesting stuff, it's good to hear the Swansea/Southampton type part, seems that the club is moving in a focussed and (imo) sensible manner, even if we don't always see it. Great stuff, thanks again for taking the time to post it

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    really enjoyed that tonight, vwry informitive!

thanks mikey

I agree about letting more fans see and hear about the club and what Stubbs and his staff have planned, get open evenings or afternoons at the stadium aswell as the training centre

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibees62
    One or two other things I remember the sports science guy explained that the ball is in play longer than the pre pass back rule so players need to be fitter to run for longer and how the club use Football Manager to see when players are out of contract, what age they are and who they've played for all for £30 !

Agreed PB, perhaps they could have filmed tonight and put it on Freeview on Hibs TV?

I was very enthused by what I heard and agree that we have the right people in place to get us back to where we belong.

The thing about the fitness levels had steam coming out of my ears and I wished TB/MM were there so I could give them a bloody good kicking
    This is how it feels

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Agreed PB, perhaps they could have filmed tonight and put it on Freeview on Hibs TV?

I was very enthused by what I heard and agree that we have the right people in place to get us back to where we belong.

The thing about the fitness levels had steam coming out of my ears and I wished TB/MM were there so I could give them a bloody good kicking
    JB, I was pretty consistent saying we were unfit as a side/squad (feel a nah nah nah nah nah coming on )........it was obvious, not just by body shape of the players but I remember posting about core fitness last season and there being times in games where even closing down space was an issue. A failing of not just Butcher in my opinion but Pat before him.

I'll also go as far as to say I think certain players feigned injuries, or spun them out.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    JB, I was pretty consistent saying we were unfit as a side/squad (feel a nah nah nah nah nah coming on )........it was obvious, not just by body shape of the players but I remember posting about core fitness last season and there being times in games where even closing down space was an issue. A failing of not just Butcher in my opinion but Pat before him.

I'll also go as far as to say I think certain players feigned injuries, or spun them out.
    Agree with this

AS said that when he arrived he had 12 players, all of whom were unfit both physically and in a football sense, mentally. TB/MM largely responsible for the latter IMO. I never thought I'd be able to dislike anyone more than I did Colin Calderwood but I've now got two eedjits I dislike more than him
    This is how it feels

Many thanks PB...sounds like a very open and honest evening with the club....it does seem like at last our club is in good hands.
    Hopefully the first of many....I think the more fans that experience this the better.

ggtth

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Gav View Post
    Many thanks PB...sounds like a very open and honest evening with the club....it does seem like at last our club is in good hands.
    Hopefully the first of many....I think the more fans that experience this the better.

ggtth
    We may appear in good hands at operational level, but unfortunately the people who appointed & oversaw previous management regimes (managers who were permitted to totally neglect some of their core duties) are still at the club.

Wasn't there tonight but one thing I noticed when I was there the other month was how massive Stubbs was

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Agree with this

AS said that when he arrived he had 12 players, all of whom were unfit both physically and in a football sense, mentally. TB/MM largely responsible for the latter IMO. I never thought I'd be able to dislike anyone more than I did Colin Calderwood but I've now got two eedjits I dislike more than him
    As you can no doubt tell from posts, I'm always looking at the little things off the ball and away from the main throng at times - last season before the derby where we lost 2-1, Sean Murdoch had to send Paul Grant twice into the dressing room to get Marsella out to do the warm up......that for me was shocking and unprofessional (of SM). When he did 'appear' he spent a few minutes chatting to wee Robbo.......Murdoch was noticably aggrieved and rightly so.

Even on the bench, players at times were coming and going down the tunnel during games. For me, again, that is unprofessional. Outside the dressing room area was like a circus at times.

I think it's helped that Stubbs has come from a background where he has worked with Moyes and Martinez, as all the players know them and see how respected they are - the likes of Harris, Handing and others were not born when Butcher was wearing bloody headbands and grabbing opposition players by the shirt......AS is doing as much valuable work in the players mentality and psyche as he is on the pitch in my opinion. You can see players now starting to believe a bit, taking chances and being more creative.

I do think the fans need to be a bit more patient in games though and try and rid this 'get on their backs' mentality that exist in a great many at ER (sorry if that offends a few). Every single manager who brings a team to ER mentions it and uses it in their match build up - the penny has to drop with our fans soon, if it does, we will win lots of games at home.