Page 99 of 229 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,970 of 6852

Thread: Best tv

Stick Man - a work of art.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A Christmas Carol with Stephen Graham and Guy Pearce has been a really good adaptation so far, really dark. Looking forward to the final part.
    WOW Utterly outstanding bit of tv viewing

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    I've just trawled through the thread, and really can't believe how little mention 'The Expanse' gets. This is seriously THE best scifi series for grown ups EVER!

I didn't even realise it existed until earlier this year, after I'd finished binge listening to the audio books. Originally made by Syfy, they dropped it after Season 3 despite its building a huge fanbase and critical acclaim.

After a massive online campaign, it was picked up personally by Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos for Season 4, and Season 5 is now in production. It looks likely that they'll see it through to the end of the books.

Season 1 is character, story, and world building and may appear to be a bit slow, but it really gets going in Season 2 when the 'Protomolecule' comes to the fore. There's proper space physics and hard science all the way through, with movie quality cinematography, great characters and brilliant acting

Amazons Season 4 dropped a couple of weeks ago, but I've been saving it while I watch the first 3 seasons again (even better 2nd time around) and will be binge watching it from tonight. By all accounts, Amazon have made it even better. It's a real exercise in patience not to dig in right this minute.

If you like scifi, or even a really good story, this is a MUST WATCH

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3230854/

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Don't **** with Cats on Netflix is pretty disturbing viewing
    Fun fact. Luka Magnotta has previously gone by the name Vladimir Romanov !!!!

@hibs.net private member Andy Bee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    Fun fact. Luka Magnotta has previously gone by the name Vladimir Romanov !!!!

Watched this last night and did notice this, given his interest in some things UK, New Order, The Moors Murderers etc I did wonder if it was THAT Vlad. Really disturbing watch though.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    I've just trawled through the thread, and really can't believe how little mention 'The Expanse' gets. This is seriously THE best scifi series for grown ups EVER!

I didn't even realise it existed until earlier this year, after I'd finished binge listening to the audio books. Originally made by Syfy, they dropped it after Season 3 despite its building a huge fanbase and critical acclaim.

After a massive online campaign, it was picked up personally by Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos for Season 4, and Season 5 is now in production. It looks likely that they'll see it through to the end of the books.

Season 1 is character, story, and world building and may appear to be a bit slow, but it really gets going in Season 2 when the 'Protomolecule' comes to the fore. There's proper space physics and hard science all the way through, with movie quality cinematography, great characters and brilliant acting

Amazons Season 4 dropped a couple of weeks ago, but I've been saving it while I watch the first 3 seasons again (even better 2nd time around) and will be binge watching it from tonight. By all accounts, Amazon have made it even better. It's a real exercise in patience not to dig in right this minute.

If you like scifi, or even a really good story, this is a MUST WATCH

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3230854/

I’m really looking forward to watching season 4, I was delighted when amazon picked it up as I thought it was the end when it was axed by the sci-fi channel. Apparently it had more viewers on sci-fi than some of the big shows that it renewed. As you said Amazon will probably do a better job anyway.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Don't **** with Cats on Netflix is pretty disturbing viewing
    Just watched the 1st episode. ****ing hell is about all I can say. Looking forward, if that's the right phrase, to seeing how it develops.

I sometimes think Netflix documentaries drag stories out for too long with too little info to justify it; Making a Murderer being a prime example. Hopefully this avoids that.

@hibs.net private member
    Just watched the 1st episode. ****ing hell is about all I can say. Looking forward, if that's the right phrase, to seeing how it develops.

I sometimes think Netflix documentaries drag stories out for too long with too little info to justify it; Making a Murderer being a prime example. Hopefully this avoids that.
    Found all three episodes engrossing.

I’ve been watching and enjoying “the movies that made us.”

Stuff like that has always fascinated me - the story behind classic albums etc.

A Christmas Carol with Stephen Graham and Guy Pearce has been a really good adaptation so far, really dark. Looking forward to the final part.
    Just finished watching it, Guy Pearce was magnificent.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Just finished watching it, Guy Pearce was magnificent.
    Have to agree he played that character superbly

For any Prime members, they have a few movies for £1.99 including Once Upon A Time In Hollywood at the mo. Normally a fiver, good deals.

Just finished 'Don't **** with Cats'.

Enjoyed it, it's a strange watch. Almost bordering on snuff movie at times. Some story though.

I have to say I found 'John Green' and 'Baudi Moovan' quite unlikeable. Her constant swearing and his pop psychology grated on me after a while.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Dracula on BBC 1 is turning into a good watch. 3 part mini series started tonight over the next 2.
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    Dracula on BBC 1 is turning into a good watch. 3 part mini series started tonight over the next 2.
    When I saw it was on I thought here we go again but I will watch it anyway. Then I saw Moffat and Gatiss had written it, how wrong I was, I really really enjoyed and and it's a brilliant take on it

@hibs.net private member
    Whats peoples thoughts on The Walking Dead? I’m literally starting to watch it now on Amazon Prime. Currently in the middle of season 4... thoughts so far: superb.

Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    Whats peoples thoughts on The Walking Dead? I’m literally starting to watch it now on Amazon Prime. Currently in the middle of season 4... thoughts so far: superb.
    Tails off a bit the last series but still good.

Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    I'm just watching it to see if anything is ever going to happen, it was much better at the start. I wish they would just get it to its conclusion now. Samantha Morton has been good in it recently though.

Anyone got any suggestions for kids' tv and films?

My wee girl has loved the Snowman, the Snowman and the Snowdog and the Grinch over Christmas and would continue to watch them constantly but they're going to need to "go away" soon.

Stickman as has been mentioned is excellent and she loves the Tiger Who Came to Tea.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Anyone got any suggestions for kids' tv and films?

My wee girl has loved the Snowman, the Snowman and the Snowdog and the Grinch over Christmas and would continue to watch them constantly but they're going to need to "go away" soon.

Stickman as has been mentioned is excellent and she loves the Tiger Who Came to Tea.
    How old is she?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    How old is she?

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Ok, my boy loved Fireman Sam at that age and Elmo's World. He would have shat his nappy watching the Grinch

@hibs.net private member
    My daughter loves Marsha and the bear, duggie , mr tumble always been popular as well as has biggleton

Stay clear of peppa pig for your own sanity

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Ok, my boy loved Fireman Sam at that age and Elmo's World. He would have shat his nappy watching the Grinch
    That's what nappies are for.

They remade the Grinch in 2018, it's one of those animated things and she loves it - it's not scary at all.

We did take her to Beecraigs before Christmas to the enchanted forest and they had a Grinch that jumped out of the trees. I almost had to raid the nappy bag myself, he was one creepy character.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    My daughter loves Marsha and the bear, duggie , mr tumble always been popular as well as has biggleton

Stay clear of peppa pig for your own sanity
    After x,000 iterations, even Duggee is beginning to impact our collective sanity in this house just now.

I'm looking forward to getting back to work so I can get a break from Alexander Armstrong's voice

Started ' Hinterland ' today very decent start

Paw Patrol, PJ Masks, Shane The Chef and Peppa Pig are all favourites with my 2 year old.

When it comes to films the only films she has ever sat through from start to finish are the Toy Story films. She loves them.

Started The Boys on amazon last night. Brilliant.

Just watched Icarus on Netflix.

Quite eye opening how easy, relatively speaking, it is for sportspeople to circumvent anti doping rules.

Interesting that another person who crossed Putin died very unexpectedly only a short time after doing so. People who get on the wrong side of him seem to be really unlucky with their health, unfortunate accidents or getting in the way of bullets.....

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Started The Boys on amazon last night. Brilliant.

It’s quality. Really looking forward to season 2.