hibs.net Messageboard

Page 97 of 229 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,910 of 6858

Thread: Best tv

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Just finished watching The Farthest.

Docu on Amazon about the Voyager spacecrafts.

Amazing watch and amongst the many things that made me stop and think was the sheer emotional attachment to the crafts that the people involved in it’s building and mentoring had for them.

It is no wonder though when you see what they achieved with them..truly remarkable.

Topped off of course by Voyager I becoming the first ever man made item to enter interstellar space, 35 years or so after launch. Even now, almost 14 BILLION miles away and travelling at 17km a second it still communicates with earth...all with early 1970’s tech (well on the spaceship at least...it’s taken a lot of tech dev on earth to allow the signal to continue to be detected!)

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just finished watching The Farthest.

Docu on Amazon about the Voyager spacecrafts.

Amazing watch and amongst the many things that made me stop and think was the sheer emotional attachment to the crafts that the people involved in it’s building and mentoring had for them.

It is no wonder though when you see what they achieved with them..truly remarkable.

Topped off of course by Voyager I becoming the first ever man made item to enter interstellar space, 35 years or so after launch. Even now, almost 14 BILLION miles away and travelling at 17km a second it still communicates with earth...all with early 1970’s tech (well on the spaceship at least...it’s taken a lot of tech dev on earth to allow the signal to continue to be detected!)
    I’ve not watched it yet, but it’s on the list. The Voyager mission was truly remarkable in what they managed to achieve in the timescale allowed. The alignment in the planets that made the mission possible was only realised a few years previous to the mission and when they realised it wouldn’t happen again for another 175 years the effort to coordinate the mission was remarkable.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I’ve not watched it yet, but it’s on the list. The Voyager mission was truly remarkable in what they managed to achieve in the timescale allowed. The alignment in the planets that made the mission possible was only realised a few years previous to the mission and when they realised it wouldn’t happen again for another 175 years the effort to coordinate the mission was remarkable.
    Yeah they cover this well in the Doc.

There was some quote re the pitch to Nixon for the money where they referenced the alignment time line...something along the lines of the last time the planets aligned in this manner exploration was done in wooden sailing ships, this time we have an opportunity to do it with a spacecraft!

Obviously worked!

It’s a fascinating watch so defo keep it on your list

I love Masterchef The Professionals which is back on at the moment.

There's something immensely pleasing about watching clearly competent chefs having a total meltdown when they have to do even the most basic skills test. One guy couldn't even remember how to make a roux the other night. Proper car crash TV.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Watching Fleabag just now. Absolutely genius stuff.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Watched the complete boxset of Gavin and Stacey this week for the first time. It had some good laugh but i wouldn't say it's the best comedy drama series I've seen.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Watched the complete boxset of Gavin and Stacey this week for the first time. It had some good laugh but i wouldn't say it's the best comedy drama series I've seen.
    I’ve only ever seen bits of Gavin & Stacey so maybe unfair to make a judgement, but my initial impression was bemusement as to why it was so popular..

I think Gavin and Stacey was very much of it's time. I enjoyed it at the time it was on but I've never really watched it back. I always remember it as being fairly well written with an underrated subtlety.

I'm not sure how the Christmas special this year will go. The critics will be lining up to slaughter it and I think the polarised views on James Corden will influence people's opinions as well. They left it at the height of it's popularity and it's always a risk revisiting a show in those circumstances. Still Game is a prime example.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Watched the first episode. Liked the film but it’s a bit too weird, will give the second episode a go but not sure it’s for me.
    It only gets weirder to be honest, much weirder in some cases!

The ties to the original story start to become much more clear though and after 5 episodes, it’s starting to come together.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    It only gets weirder to be honest, much weirder in some cases!

The ties to the original story start to become much more clear though and after 5 episodes, it’s starting to come together.
    I'm enjoying it but I can't really explain why.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I love Masterchef The Professionals which is back on at the moment.

There's something immensely pleasing about watching clearly competent chefs having a total meltdown when they have to do even the most basic skills test. One guy couldn't even remember how to make a roux the other night. Proper car crash TV.
    It is really cruel but really good TV. I downloaded the series but haven’t watched any yet as we were watching Masterchef Australia, just concluded, which is by far and away the jewel in what they call the ‘Masterchef family’.

It has the best presenter/judges, the best challenges, and is in a typically Australian way, relentlessly upbeat. The Mibbes Aye household is saddened that it will be another twelve months before it returns to our screens.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Also restarted Stranger Things, as my partner has never seen it.

There are some shows that are just on a different level of exceptional and this is one of them.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post

There are some shows that are just on a different level of exceptional and this is one of them.

Brilliant bit tv viewing

@hibs.net private member
    It is really cruel but really good TV. I downloaded the series but haven’t watched any yet as we were watching Masterchef Australia, just concluded, which is by far and away the jewel in what they call the ‘Masterchef family’.

It has the best presenter/judges, the best challenges, and is in a typically Australian way, relentlessly upbeat. The Mibbes Aye household is saddened that it will be another twelve months before it returns to our screens.
    Love the Aussie Masterchef, none of the rest of the Masterchef programs come close to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    Love the Aussie Masterchef, none of the rest of the Masterchef programs come close to it.
    “Burning up in my heart, like a flame, like a fire shooting star”

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Seven Worlds, One Planet is another masterclass by the BBCs nature department, stunning TV and European Hamsters in the wild are quality

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar

Watched it to make sure it would be ok for my 10 year old. Now watching it with him, he loves it.

S2 of The Sinner started on BBC4 last night, just as weird as S1 which is still available on the iPlayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    I'm enjoying it but I can't really explain why.
    This weeks episode is the best yet. Without any spoilers, it manages to make you look at the novel in a new light.

Incredible hour of TV!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    This weeks episode is the best yet. Without any spoilers, it manages to make you look at the novel in a new light.

Incredible hour of TV!
    Will hopefully get to watch that tomorrow night. I haven't read the novel which, based on what I've read online, may be a good thing or a bad thing for enjoying the series.

I just watched After Life. I watched it all in two nights and it was really enjoyable, both sad and funny at the same time.

United we stand here....

I don't really think of it as a comedy. I do think it's bloody brilliant though, could watch it on repeat and never get bored.

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    I don't really think of it as a comedy. I do think it's bloody brilliant though, could watch it on repeat and never get bored.
    Pete and Dawn's exchanges had me in tears of laughter mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Watched it to make sure it would be ok for my 10 year old. Now watching it with him, he loves it.
    Yeah, first time round it was my daughter who was pushing to watch it. She was ten as well. Watched it to check it out and we ended up then watching it through and both loved it.

Yeah, first time round it was my daughter who was pushing to watch it. She was ten as well. Watched it to check it out and we ended up then watching it through and both loved it.
    That’s interesting as when I was watching it I wondered if it would be suitable for my 9 year old daughter. I decided it wasn’t, but I’m now reconsidering that and I’d love an excuse to watch it again.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    That’s interesting as when I was watching it I wondered if it would be suitable for my 9 year old daughter. I decided it wasn’t, but I’m now reconsidering that and I’d love an excuse to watch it again.
    Yeah, I thought (and think) it is okay. It isn’t easy watching at times and brings in some rather adult themes but I love how it brings in themes that are relevant to kids that age as well.

Left by mutual consent!
    Watched Dark on Netflix, really really enjoyed it.

If you haven’t watch War of the Worlds yet don’t bother what a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    If you haven’t watch War of the Worlds yet don’t bother what a disappointment.
    Aye, it wasnae the best, I believe there's another version on FOX soon.