hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 229 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Best tv

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No everyone's cup of tea but i enjoyed the Leftovers.
    I loved the Leftovers. Know a few folk found it hard going but I thought it was excellent.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

2. Log in to remove the advert

The Mrs has been watching Scandal on Now TV. Only seen bits and pieces of it and it looks watchable. Anyone seen it??

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_Jack04 View Post
    Finished season 1 of bloodline on netflix last night thought it was excellent, last of better call saul tonight then im lost for something to watch...been holding off the latest house of cards might crack into that although something thats complete would be good
    Its not finished yet but, season 1 & 2 of Vikings are awfy good!

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    I've not trawled through the whole thread but Brooklyn 99 on E4 is the funniest thing on TV at the moment. Laugh out loud moments in every episode.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    I've not trawled through the whole thread but Brooklyn 99 on E4 is the funniest thing on TV at the moment. Laugh out loud moments in every episode.
    I agree absolutely love it.

Other favourites are Sons Of Anarchy which very few have mentioned, Suits, Prison Break and Breaking Bad. Just started watching Better Call Saul as well and loving it.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I loved the Leftovers. Know a few folk found it hard going but I thought it was excellent.
    Yeah enjoyed it to Matty...Im now watching Fortitude that you reccomended on here and i think its brilliant !

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Yeah enjoyed it to Matty...Im now watching Fortitude that you reccomended on here and i think its brilliant !
    watching the last Fortitude tonight, looking forward to it!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    The Mrs has been watching Scandal on Now TV. Only seen bits and pieces of it and it looks watchable. Anyone seen it??
    I think I made it to the start of Season 3 of Scandal before I gave up. My girlfriend liked it and I did initially, but it basically became like watching the same episode every week after a while with the same annoying on/off relationships and love triangles. It wasn't so bad when they had a different client each week which brought in fresh characters and some good storytelling, but for some reason that stopped and it just became the same people with the same agendas making the same threats and declarations of love each week.

Finally, I don't think Kerry Washington is a very good actress. Certainly not good enough to carry the main role in something like this. There, I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    I think I made it to the start of Season 3 of Scandal before I gave up. My girlfriend liked it and I did initially, but it basically became like watching the same episode every week after a while with the same annoying on/off relationships and love triangles. It wasn't so bad when they had a different client each week which brought in fresh characters and some good storytelling, but for some reason that stopped and it just became the same people with the same agendas making the same threats and declarations of love each week.

Finally, I don't think Kerry Washington is a very good actress. Certainly not good enough to carry the main role in something like this. There, I said it.

That's the impression I get. Every time I catch part of an episode it's pretty much like others. Anyway.... Started watching The Island with Bear Grylls. I thought the men were bad enough on Wednesday night but Holy Moly, the Women made them look like survival experts last night!!! For anyone who hasn't seen it before it's a reality show. Last series Grylls dumped 14 men on a desert island in the pacific. There aim was to just survive for six weeks, make fire, shelter blah blah blah. There were complaints from Women asking why he had excluded them so this series he has 2 Islands, one for the guys and one for the ladies..... Last night he dropped the ladies off and lets just say they were nae Ellen MaCArthur!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Halfway through Season 3 and it's great. Not to mention Lagatha...

Quote Originally Posted by jackkennedy1 View Post
    I agree absolutely love it.

Other favourites are Sons Of Anarchy which very few have mentioned, Suits, Prison Break and Breaking Bad. Just started watching Better Call Saul as well and loving it.
    Sons of Anarchy has some of the best plot development across a season that you're ever likely to see. One of the few programmes where every action has a reaction until the season concludes. Very well written by Kurt Sutter.

I can't remember if The Following has had a mention on this thread before, but it's decent if unspectacular. It's actually a good concept, but suffers from being a bit predictable at times.

The main character, played by Kevin Bacon, is called Ryan Hardie...who I noticed came off the bench for The Rangers the other night. Perhaps it should be called The Follow Following....

Testimonial Due RoslinInstHibby's Avatar
    Anyone checked out daredevil on Netflix? Currently powering my way through it, it's brilliant. There is a fight scene in the 2nd episode that's as good as anything I have seen on a tv show

Ok HUTCHY Lad.... Need a new box set or series to watch. You were spot on with American Horror story, although I've not caught the 4th series. Was thinking Daredevil or Game of Thrones??

Ok HUTCHY Lad.... Need a new box set or series to watch. You were spot on with American Horror story, although I've not caught the 4th series. Was thinking Daredevil or Game of Thrones??
    I've not got involved in either of those. Hannibal is worth a watch, season 3 due along in the summer and as stated earlier I'm really enjoying Vikings.

I've not got involved in either of those. Hannibal is worth a watch, season 3 due along in the summer and as stated earlier I'm really enjoying Vikings.

Just watched the first episode of Game of thrones. Was slow but they have to introduce characters etc. enjoyed it so will stick with it. Vikings?? Never heard of it. Is it on Netflix?

Is it on Netflix?
    No idea, I'm a lovefilm/amazon man.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by hwuhibby View Post
    Anyone checked out daredevil on Netflix? Currently powering my way through it, it's brilliant. There is a fight scene in the 2nd episode that's as good as anything I have seen on a tv show
    I got through the entire 13 episode season over the weekend finishing up the last 2 episodes yesterday and it is absolutely superb, right up there with Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad in terms of quality TV IMO.

D'onofrio as Kingpin is amazing and the fight scenes are epic. the corridor fight, the ninja fight and the final fight are all highlights.

Would definately recommend this series but would say its not for kiddies as some of the stuff even made me wince while watching it

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Just watched the first episode of Game of thrones. Was slow but they have to introduce characters etc. enjoyed it so will stick with it. Vikings?? Never heard of it. Is it on Netflix?
    I didn't watch GoT when it was first on, instead i had recorded 4 or 5 episodes on the sky box before i got round to watching it, by the time i had finished them i was hooked and its just got better and better as it has gone on, stick with it

Vikings isnt on Netflix, its on Amazon Prime but you can catch previous seasons on the History Channel or through sky on demand in thier box sets.

I meant to mention Elementary too, Johnny Lee Miller is outstanding as Sherlock, don't know anyone else that watches it though. :-)

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I meant to mention Elementary too, Johnny Lee Miller is outstanding as Sherlock, don't know anyone else that watches it though. :-)
    I do - dubbed in French.

I enjoy Elementary, but this season hasn't been all that great. Ultimately, it's missing a Moriarty.

The character of Holmes is always entertaining and the new twist on the Holmes/Watson dynamic has added a little something, but I can't help think it would have benefitted for a shorter series and more plot development over multiple episodes.

We'll probably have to wait on the lassie that plays Moriarty being bumped off on GofT before she comes back.

@hibs.net private member
    I watched the first 2 seasons but it became a bit samey so I've binned it.

On another note I've been enjoying Banished that you recommended a few weeks ago so thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I watched the first 2 seasons but it became a bit samey so I've binned it.

On another note I've been enjoying Banished that you recommended a few weeks ago so thanks for that.
    I've not got round to watching last weeks ep yet, you can always rely on Jimmy McGovern though.

We'll probably have to wait on the lassie that plays Moriarty being bumped off on GofT before she comes back.

Hadn't even realised she was in GofT until you said that. She's becoming more and more prominent on GofT...so she can't have long to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post

Hadn't even realised she was in GofT until you said that. She's becoming more and more prominent on GofT...so she can't have long to live.
    I don't watch GofT but, happened to notice a pleasant picture of her in Tuesday's Metro promoting it.

Blog Entries
    Just finished Season 1 of House of Cards - it's good but nothing I watch is anywhere near Breaking Bad.

Just watched the final episode, quite powerful stuff.

@hibs.net private member
    Just watched the final episode, quite powerful stuff.
    I really enjoyed it. Looks like there might be another series made - with the way they left it, I've not read anything to say that.

I really enjoyed it. Looks like there might be another series made - with the way they left it, I've not read anything to say that.
    Seemingly most of the cast are up for it, I read somewhere Russell Tovey said there is likely to be a lot more focus on the natives in series 2. If they have to cut the rations again it might be time to start fishing! :-)

@hibs.net private member
    Seemingly most of the cast are up for it, I read somewhere Russell Tovey said there is likely to be a lot more focus on the natives in series 2. If they have to cut the rations again it might be time to start fishing! :-)
    Wrong thread I know but, I read a book a few years ago called The Penal Colony. Similar story to Banished but not set in NSW.

It was free on kindle when I got it.