hibs.net Messageboard

Page 68 of 226 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,040 of 6757

Thread: Best tv

6 eps into Night & Day on All4, Spanish prog, its very good. Lifeline was good too.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Netflix have the next series of Better Call Saul up and running. Anyone watched it yet and is it any good?
    It's one episode a week again and it's very good

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    It's one episode a week again and it's very good
    Watched the second Episode last night. Ive really enjoyed this programme, and one of the few I actually wait for every year and watch weekly instead of binge.

Better Call Saul keeps impressing. I like that it's quite slow and spends time building characters. Knowing how it all ends up makes the journey all the more enjoyable as well.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    I also watched the first episode of a netflix travel type docu, Dark Tourist. Maybe not classed as 'best tv' but I enjoyed it and will probably watch more tonight.
    Its about a guy who travels round some of the weirder 'tourist' holidays. First episode he was doing tours in Medlin to do with Pablo Escobar, in Mexico to worship a 'death saint' and a tour that mimics trying to sneak over the Mexican/US border.

Easy watching T.V and puts a different slant on some weird and potentially even morbid places people visit for their 'holiday'.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Better Call Saul keeps impressing. I like that it's quite slow and spends time building characters. Knowing how it all ends up makes the journey all the more enjoyable as well.
    I agree the writing is superb every little piece is going somewhere or is connected to something we've already seen,great acting as well.

Last Chance U - series 3. Realy reconmend this. its a documentary series about a community college american football team from Kansas. It goes a lot deeper than the American football side of things though, looking at the kids schooling, also their home life's which have often been a bit grim. Their coach is a radge white guy from Compton who's some character too.

Anyone see the Man City documentary on Amazon? Thought it was a promising start and good insight. I was quite surprised at the level of celebration after winning a league game, albeit an important one. Guardiola looks hyper!

Interesting watch though. Would recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Best show on the telly by a mile. That first episode was almost perfect in at acting, direction and script.

Wish I’d watched some of the last season as I was a bit confused about Mike. Maybe it’s becuase he looks a bit like our own Tam McCourt

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Might have been mentioned already but I'm seriously enjoying McMafia.

Might have been mentioned already but I'm seriously enjoying McMafia.
    Aye, it was very good.

The truth about the Harry Quebert Affair on Sky Witness is only 2 eps in but, looks very promising.
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 16-09-2018 at 10:30 PM.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    The truth about the Harry Quebert on Sky Witness is only 2 eps in but, looks very promising.
    I'll have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by GlesgaeHibby View Post
    I've heard that one. I just can't see past the fact that there was potentially motive, blood was dry by the time the emergency services got there and the fact that he was the last person to see somebody alive, who met her fate in the same way as his wife. I do, however, think there was reasonable doubt though in legal terms. Still convinced he was guilty though.
    Yep I think the evidence was all circumstantial. That is the trouble with Juries I think - you can tell them what they need to base their decision on until you're blue in the face, but I can't help thinking they're easily swayed by a 'hunch' or the like at times!

The guy was a bit of an eccentric to say the least but there was definitely enough reasonable doubt IMO. The fact we're even discussing it suggests that is the case.

If both deaths were that the females were found and supposedly 'fell' down the stairs (i.e. no other injuries from a beating), then I'd find it a bit easier to believe - i.e. that he could've pushed them down the stairs. But, it's a bit of a stretch to say that someone's modus operandi is to beat up women at the bottom of a staircase.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I’m onto the next series of the 100. I thought the last series was poor, but I’m quite enjoying this one. Also just finished the expanse which is heavy on the sci-fi, but probably my favourite show this year.

United we stand here....

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Yep I think the evidence was all circumstantial. That is the trouble with Juries I think - you can tell them what they need to base their decision on until you're blue in the face, but I can't help thinking they're easily swayed by a 'hunch' or the like at times!

The guy was a bit of an eccentric to say the least but there was definitely enough reasonable doubt IMO. The fact we're even discussing it suggests that is the case.

If both deaths were that the females were found and supposedly 'fell' down the stairs (i.e. no other injuries from a beating), then I'd find it a bit easier to believe - i.e. that he could've pushed them down the stairs. But, it's a bit of a stretch to say that someone's modus operandi is to beat up women at the bottom of a staircase.
    By the end of it I had made up my mind which side I thought he fell into (innocent/guilty).

What really disturbed me though, as it did with the excellent Making a Murderer series, is the lengths that police will go to in order to present a guilty case - I hope the British police are more law-abiding than their US counterparts.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    New series called manifest starts tomorrow about a plane that has been missing for 5 years not sure what channel it airs on though

Started watching Jack Ryan & The Purge on Amazon both decent so far, The Purge seems much better than the movies.

@hibs.net private member
    Might be a bit girly, Miss Marple ish, but I watched The Bletchley circle series one over the last few days and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to series 2 and maybe the american version. Has to be better than all the reality rubbish on these days.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    By the end of it I had made up my mind which side I thought he fell into (innocent/guilty).

What really disturbed me though, as it did with the excellent Making a Murderer series, is the lengths that police will go to in order to present a guilty case - I hope the British police are more law-abiding than their US counterparts.
    I thought exactly the same.

I suppose I've always had a naive view of justice - that the police and authorities are there to find out what exactly happened and behave accordingly.

It appears that they are there to secure a prosecution at all costs, and it is frightening to think of your life being in the hands of such a system.

Really liking series 2 of Atypical.

Also became a post death fan of Anthony Bourdain, and have been battering through parts unknown. I'd watched the layover previously and found him annoying, the more serious tone of parts unknown seems to work better.
    Last edited by adhibs; 24-09-2018 at 12:50 PM.

Bodyguard finale was tense. Really enjoyed that series.

Just finished The Assets, its available on uktv play on demand (8 eps), quite enjoyed it.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    Bodyguard finale was tense. Really enjoyed that series.
    It was excellent.

Don't get how people have seen it and though it was rubbish!

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Don't get how people have seen it and though it was rubbish!
    I've yet to hear anyone say that. I thought it was very good too.

Im enjoying A Discovery of Witches so far, although its quite a lot to do with Teresa Palmer! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I’m onto the next series of the 100. I thought the last series was poor, but I’m quite enjoying this one. Also just finished the expanse which is heavy on the sci-fi, but probably my favourite show this year.
    This season of The 100 was so much better than the previous, let me know what you think about the end of season story

Just watched the trailer for the new series of The Walking Dead, looks like the Walkers can speak now ffs! :-)

I'll have a look.
    Have you had a chance to watch any of it yet? Even though you don't see anything, some of it makes for quite uncomfortable viewing, although Patrick Dempsey plays a great part so far.

Testimonial Due RoslinInstHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Im enjoying A Discovery of Witches so far, although its quite a lot to do with Teresa Palmer! :-)
    She is lovely!

Not totally gripped by the show yet though