hibs.net Messageboard

Page 24 of 229 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Best tv

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would bunch The Blacklist in with Arrow, they are dragging the story out for far too long, I still quite enjoy it though.
    Not sure if you're up-to-date with The Blacklist but the first 9 episodes of Season 3 have been a vast improvement on Season 2 which definitely dragged.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Spin :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    Not sure if you're up-to-date with The Blacklist but the first 9 episodes of Season 3 have been a vast improvement on Season 2 which definitely dragged.
    Aye, I've watched it up to the mid season break.

Bit behind the times, started watching Breaking Bad, watched 2 episodes so far, not overly convinced.
    I've heard its a slow starter but gets really good, is it worth sticking with it?

Quote Originally Posted by MixuPutALineOn View Post
    Bit behind the times, started watching Breaking Bad, watched 2 episodes so far, not overly convinced.
    I've heard its a slow starter but gets really good, is it worth sticking with it?
    I've tried a few times but never got into it, problem for me as its now quite a few years old it seems a bit dated.

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    I've tried a few times but never got into it, problem for me as its now quite a few years old it seems a bit dated.
    Im going to try the 1st season then pass judgement I reckon.
    i know exactly what you mean though.

First Team Regular aussie_hibee's Avatar
    Chicago Fire
    Chicago PD
    Suits

For those who like Grey's Anatomy, watch Rookie Blue. Best described as a police version of Grey's.

Sister in law and brother in law raved about it so stick with it. That's all they went on about.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    Sister in law and brother in law raved about it so stick with it. That's all they went on about.
    Haha folk in my work have been doing the same, that's why I started.... watching it with the Mrs, might be a long ordeal as she wont watch a few at a time :/

Haha folk in my work have been doing the same, that's why I started.... watching it with the Mrs, might be a long ordeal as she wont watch a few at a time :/
    Got that bad with the pair of them I have both their mobile numbers on silent now

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Spin :)

Really good viewing, older French women have something about them: Visage.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    I never particularly liked it and never seen the hype behind it. The story does pick up in the later seasons but It was a real chore to get there I felt.

Having said that, I'm the same with Game of Thrones - do not get the hype at all. It's cliche-ridden fantasy, written by a writer who can't handle character development beyond a point (hence why he kills so many people off - he keeps writing himself into corners!).

I've just started watching Boardwalk Empire (again, another "behind the times" viewing) and I've enjoyed it so far. Very high-production quality.

Been a huge fan of Arrow and Flash since the beginning but I too felt that Arrow lost its way somewhere along the line. I was still enjoying Flash but ended up getting sidetracked from watching it. On the note of comic-based series', my wife and I are half-way through Jessica Jones. It's alright but just seems to bumble along. There are only three really likeable characters in it for me, which means I struggle to sustain interest.

Finally, patch, I tried to watch 100 Code and got about 25 minutes into it. Wasn't for me - simply couldn't take Dominic Monaghan seriously with that American accent, which melted quickly into British whenever there was action combined with dialogue!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member
    Finished S2 of Tyrant last week.

Really enjoyed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    I never particularly liked it and never seen the hype behind it. The story does pick up in the later seasons but It was a real chore to get there I felt.

Having said that, I'm the same with Game of Thrones - do not get the hype at all. It's cliche-ridden fantasy, written by a writer who can't handle character development beyond a point (hence why he kills so many people off - he keeps writing himself into corners!).

I've just started watching Boardwalk Empire (again, another "behind the times" viewing) and I've enjoyed it so far. Very high-production quality.

Been a huge fan of Arrow and Flash since the beginning but I too felt that Arrow lost its way somewhere along the line. I was still enjoying Flash but ended up getting sidetracked from watching it. On the note of comic-based series', my wife and I are half-way through Jessica Jones. It's alright but just seems to bumble along. There are only three really likeable characters in it for me, which means I struggle to sustain interest.

Finally, patch, I tried to watch 100 Code and got about 25 minutes into it. Wasn't for me - simply couldn't take Dominic Monaghan seriously with that American accent, which melted quickly into British whenever there was action combined with dialogue!
    Never heard of Boardwalk Empire, gets really good reviews though, definately going to give that a try.
    Never watched Arrow but did however watch the Flash, felt i was missing bits because I never got the full story.
    That and the fact that they seem to be milking the franchise to death by adding another show (Legends of Tomorrow) i decided to stop watching it.

Legends of Tomorrow first episode was average I thought. Felt like Arrow meets Doctor Who didn't draw me in too much.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    Really good viewing, older French women have something about them: Visage.
    She's 67

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    On the note of comic-based series', my wife and I are half-way through Jessica Jones. It's alright but just seems to bumble along. There are only three really likeable characters in it for me, which means I struggle to sustain interest.

I liked Jessica Jones, wasnt nearly as good as Daredevil but it was a very different kind of show.

The biggest problem i had with it was i liked Kilgrave far far more than i liked Jessica and Luke Cage was ace in all the scene's he was in meaning the main hero wasn't even the best or most interesting character in her own show.

I think they went too far with the b**tchy attitude she has and i ended up having no sympathy for her despite them trying to show she was suffering from PTSD.

On the plus side Daredevil season 2 is coming in a couple of months and Jon Berenthal is going to kill it as the punisher

Just started watching Occupied on SKY Arts, another sub-titled show with a bit of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    She's 67

Wow and lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Finished S2 of Tyrant last week.

Really enjoyed that.
    Aye, I've enjoyed that too.

Now that we are a few episodes further in I can't recommend the 2 subtitled shows I've mentioned on the last page or two highly enough, both outstanding.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    I liked Jessica Jones, wasnt nearly as good as Daredevil but it was a very different kind of show.

The biggest problem i had with it was i liked Kilgrave far far more than i liked Jessica and Luke Cage was ace in all the scene's he was in meaning the main hero wasn't even the best or most interesting character in her own show.

I think they went too far with the b**tchy attitude she has and i ended up having no sympathy for her despite them trying to show she was suffering from PTSD.

On the plus side Daredevil season 2 is coming in a couple of months and Jon Berenthal is going to kill it as the punisher
    Just recently finished Daredevil - took me two efforts as I didn't appreciate the first time around just how dark it would be...I'm usually really comfortable with on-screen violence (my wife calls me Dexter!) but that one scene in episode 4 (I think?) had me wincing...

That's the problem with it for me too - I don't think they've quite got the right balance that the comics give you. Looking forward to Luke's series when it arrives but JJ, whilst watchable, hasn't blown me away.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Bones
    The Blacklist
    Modern Family

I quite enjoyed the first episode of X-Files.

Think Ive mentioned it before, but The Good Wife is back on. Sure it's in its 7th season and it's never dipped and still has huge U.S. Ratings.

@hibs.net private member
    Is anyone watching 100 code? I'm 3 episodes in - seems decent but just wondering if it's worth sticking with?

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Just started watching the sopranos.
    Only on episode 6 of season one but living it already.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Just started watching the sopranos.
    Only on episode 6 of season one but living it already.
    I'm really jealous, wish I could watch the Sopranos for the first time all over again, it really Kickstarted the premise that TV could be an equal of film for me, absolutely sensational show which is still in my top 3 of all time

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Is anyone watching 100 code? I'm 3 episodes in - seems decent but just wondering if it's worth sticking with?

Im enjoying it although the hobbit spoils it a bit for me.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    I'm really jealous, wish I could watch the Sopranos for the first time all over again, it really Kickstarted the premise that TV could be an equal of film for me, absolutely sensational show which is still in my top 3 of all time
    It's my favourite show of all time.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    Im enjoying it although the hobbit spoils it a bit for me.
    I never watched that but I don't really like him either. Not sure why they don't get an American to play the part of an American cop.