hibs.net Messageboard

Page 225 of 230 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,750 of 6887

Thread: Best tv

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guilty pleasure for me this weekend. For ages, my daughter and granddaughter have been coaxing me to watch ‘This Is Us’, an, apparently acclaimed, American series about the story of a family’s life experiences. I’d heard about it ages ago, but dismissed it as smalzy, shallow and a waste of viewing time. Well, how wrong was I? I’m now hooked on it and can’t believe the quality of this TV drama. Fast moving, bouncing back and forward in time, easy watching but heart-warming, sad, humorous and thought provoking. Added bonus, it stars Sterling K. Brown, multi-award recipient and recently nominated for an Oscar for his role in American Fiction. Apologies if I’m really late to the party and covering old ground.
    Agree totally just started This is us is exactly how you describe. Excellent show characters and storylines

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Oh I much preferred Season 2 to be honest! Think Bren really added heft in more ways than one and Frank is much more believable.

It’s a good watch either way though that’s for sure.
    Finished it now and enjoyable as you say. Bren is uncomfortably good in his role.

Well worth a watch and hope it returns for a 3rd series to tie up a couple loose ends

First Team Breakthrough
    Looks like a few have been watching Kin recently and both seasons have been on a par for me, really like the Bren character and hopefully we get some more seasons.

Now started The Bear on Disney channel about a failing restaurant in Chicago, if that depicts true form to how kitchens are I would be sacked within days.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakhog1 View Post
    Looks like a few have been watching Kin recently and both seasons have been on a par for me, really like the Bren character and hopefully we get some more seasons.

Now started The Bear on Disney channel about a failing restaurant in Chicago, if that depicts true form to how kitchens are I would be sacked within days.
    The Bear is brilliant. There’s 2 episodes in season 2 which are amazing (fishes and Forks).

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    The Bear is brilliant. There’s 2 episodes in season 2 which are amazing (fishes and Forks).
    Really enjoying it, characters are fantastic and you kind of get invested on how their characters will develop, only into the 5th episode of the first season but reckon I will get through it quick, like the fact that each episode is only about 30mins and is not dragged out

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakhog1 View Post

Cheers

2 episodes in and really enjoying it

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Finished S1 of Kin earlier in the week. Really enjoyed that

Started S2 and a couple of episodes in, not as good so far but decent watch
    I really enjoyed that too.

ITVX has all the love/hate series on it now and I thought that was even better.
    Last edited by degenerated; 05-03-2024 at 06:04 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Enjoying Ken Loaches The Old Oak on Netflix about Syrian refugees moving into a Newcastle mining town and ex miners shunning them other than the pub landlord who goes out of his way to help them

The Push on Channel 4 was pretty harrowing viewing. Seemed a real culture clash between people who were very modern in their outlook and people who wanted things very traditional.

As horrible as the subject matter is, it's fascinating watching how methodical the legal professionals are during cases of this nature.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    The Push on Channel 4 was pretty harrowing viewing. Seemed a real culture clash between people who were very modern in their outlook and people who wanted things very traditional.

As horrible as the subject matter is, it's fascinating watching how methodical the legal professionals are during cases of this nature.
    Watched it last night, that must have been not only quite harrowing for the jury but difficult to come to their guilty verdict. I cant imagine how things could have turned out if the accused’s ex Wife had not journaled his behaviour throughout their marriage and lived long enough to provide a statement to Police before she sadly passed

I cant help thinking that if his past had not been exposed then he may have got away with his lie that she slipped as there were no witnesses to the actuall push other than his Wifes statement

He was a cocky ******* though wasnt he, as was his big pal outside the court too

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Watched it last night, that must have been not only quite harrowing for the jury but difficult to come to their guilty verdict. I cant imagine how things could have turned out if the accused’s ex Wife had not journaled his behaviour throughout their marriage and lived long enough to provide a statement to Police before she sadly passed

I cant help thinking that if his past had not been exposed then he may have got away with his lie that she slipped as there were no witnesses to the actuall push other than his Wifes statement

He was a cocky ******* though wasnt he, as was his big pal outside the court too
    It was his dad that got me.

Basically mystified as to why her family were upset as she was 'his daughter now' and then boasting about how much the engagement ring cost and complaining he hadn't it back from the police yet. He was a real charmer; apple falling far from the tree and all that.

Her mum is such a brave woman.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It was his dad that got me.

Basically mystified as to why her family were upset as she was 'his daughter now' and then boasting about how much the engagement ring cost and complaining he hadn't it back from the police yet. He was a real charmer; apple falling far from the tree and all that.

Her mum is such a brave woman.
    Yeah his Dad was a bit of an arrogant tosser too, Im actually surprised or unless I missed it but the accused used his Wifes phone thinking it was his own (although he denied having his phone) and phoned his Dad, Im sure they said they didnt have the recording. There was no mention of his Dad being questioned in relation to the call

Yeah her Mum was excellent throughout and held it together well when questioned in court, brave Woman, her Brother appeared to be a good support to her too

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Very interesting watch, not to mention harrowing. Thing that struck me was seeing how emotional the judge got at the end when thanking the jury.

I was surprised that we got to see so much of the proceedings, but it made for terrific viewings.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair is very good, a superb performance from Patrick Dempsey.
    Never heard of it before , will give it a go . Thanks 👍

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Thought Kin was tremendous. For anyone that likes that and Narcos, then would highly recommend Snowfall on BBC i-player. Snowfall | Rotten Tomatoes

It's a 6 season drama about the rise of Crack Cocaine drug dealers in South Central LA in the 1980s and how the CIA helped facilitate that to fund war in Nicaragua. Great characters and storyline, Excellent reviews but seems to be under the radar a bit in terms of profile.

I'm on series 5, and will be gutted when I finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    Thought Kin was tremendous. For anyone that likes that and Narcos, then would highly recommend Snowfall on BBC i-player. Snowfall | Rotten Tomatoes

It's a 6 season drama about the rise of Crack Cocaine drug dealers in South Central LA in the 1980s and how the CIA helped facilitate that to fund war in Nicaragua. Great characters and storyline, Excellent reviews but seems to be under the radar a bit in terms of profile.

The main man that plays Franklin is actually English, he is brilliant in that role.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    The main man that plays Franklin is actually English, he is brilliant in that role.
    He is excellent, I couldn't believe it when I found out he was from Peckham. There are some US chat show interviews of him doing spot on impressions of Denzel Washington and Chris Rock. Seems to be very good at accents etc.

The guy who plays Teddy McDonald is brilliant too.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Really like Exterior Night, an Italian thing on Walter Presents.

It's about the kidnapping of Aldo Moro, the former Italian PM, in the 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Really like Exterior Night, an Italian thing on Walter Presents.

It's about the kidnapping of Aldo Moro, the former Italian PM, in the 70's.
    Almost everything I've watched on Walter Presents has been well worth a watch.

Angel of Death is probably top of the list.
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 08-03-2024 at 03:35 PM.

The Gentlemen.

First episode in and it’s looking like it’s going to be great old school Guy Ritchie.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    The Gentlemen.

First episode in and it’s looking like it’s going to be great old school Guy Ritchie.
    Watched 2 episodes now and its decent.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

Nice one. I'll check it out.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

He is excellent, I couldn't believe it when I found out he was from Peckham. There are some US chat show interviews of him doing spot on impressions of Denzel Washington and Chris Rock. Seems to be very good at accents etc.

The guy who plays Teddy McDonald is brilliant too.
    A lot of English actors playing Americans in big parts over there. Freddie Highmore, Olivia Cooke and Eamonn Walker to name but a few

Maybe not as critically acclaimed as the others, but I've really enjoyed gladiators.

Especially sabre and diamond.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Maybe not as critically acclaimed as the others, but I've really enjoyed gladiators.

I’ve been watching it with my daughter. She loves it. A treat to get to stay up and watch it all and a throwback to Saturday night shows being something the whole family looked forward to.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

We’ve been watching it too. It’s perfectly timed for the kids to catch it before bed time.

My Mrs went to uni with Sabre.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

It's brilliant. My daughter is 6 and loves it and it's a nice throwback for us as well.

Proper Saturday night TV imo, something everyone can sit down and watch together.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

You've got to wonder who is in charge of commissioning Channel 5 dramas, Love Rat hot on the heels of Finders Keepers, both absolutely terrible.

Coma looks like it could be better next week but, I'm not holding my breath.
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 14-03-2024 at 11:53 AM.

Catch me a killer on Alibi looking good after a couple of episodes.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    The Gentlemen.

Good shout this one.