hibs.net Messageboard

Page 117 of 229 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,510 of 6858

Thread: Best tv

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just caught up with Walking dead all the way to Season 10 ep 15 from Christmas holidays!! What a show.

Is “Lost” worth a watch? Might give that a try.
    Lost is the best tv series i have ever watched.

2. Log in to remove the advert

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    4 episodes into Gangs of London. Very violent but absolutely brilliant! Each episode so far has had you right on the edge of your seat. Looking forward to binging the rest of it this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    4 episodes into Gangs of London. Very violent but absolutely brilliant! Each episode so far has had you right on the edge of your seat. Looking forward to binging the rest of it this weekend.

think I’m at the same episode as you. Apparently no 5 takes the violence to a new level!

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    think I’m at the same episode as you. Apparently no 5 takes the violence to a new level!

Yep, I’ve heard the same as you bud about ep 5. Looking forward to watching it tonight!

A few good films on Prime at £1.99, currently watching Midway, some great effects.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I'm recent to Netflix and have been watching House of Cards (not a patch on the UK original). Is it worth watching the last series without Kevin Spacey? I was already starting to lose interest in the last one with him in it as it was getting more and more repetetive.

I don't see things improving.

Any advice much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I'm recent to Netflix and have been watching House of Cards (not a patch on the UK original). Is it worth watching the last series without Kevin Spacey? I was already starting to lose interest in the last one with him in it as it was getting more and more repetetive.

I watched all except that series, just seemed to have been rushed through after the Spacey situation. Such a shame because it was a very strong cast.
    I picked up the original British one for 50p in a charity shop. Was excellent.

User reviews on imdb seem to be of a mind that Kevin Spacey WAS the show. I didn't watch the last season as I didn't fancy it without his character.

Don't feel I've missed anything.

Has anyone else finished DEVS? What did you think?

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar

I don't want to spoil it in case you decide to watch it. The loss of Spacey meant they had to improvice massively, I felt, and frankly it got a bit weird. Robin Wright is a good actor though.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Some cracking retro music shows on BBC IPlayer I’ve been enjoying
    Sounds of the 70’s, various types including Pop, Soul and Rock n Roll. Some incredible acts used to grace Top of the Pops, and Old Grey Whistle Test!

Also Disco at the BBC is available now too

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    I don't want to spoil it in case you decide to watch it. The loss of Spacey meant they had to improvice massively, I felt, and frankly it got a bit weird. Robin Wright is a good actor though.
    Maybe she is, but I don't think she has to show it in the Claire Underwood role.

As I mentioned previously, there are loads of movies to rent on Amazon Prime for cheap. Finally watching The Joker and earlier was watching Midway. Good value

Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    As I mentioned previously, there are loads of movies to rent on Amazon Prime for cheap. Finally watching The Joker and earlier was watching Midway. Good value
    I thought Joker was very good, but I struggle not to like Joaquin Phoenix in anything. If he joined Eastenders or Coronation Street I would probably watch
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    I thought Joker was very good, but I struggle not to like Joaquin Phoenix in anything. If he joined Eastenders or Coronation Street I would probably watch
    Yep a face off in the vic or rovers would confirm his acting kudos 😄 he's excellent in this though 👍

Yep a face off in the vic or rovers would confirm his acting kudos 😄 he's excellent in this though 👍
    Posted on some other thread about when Damian Lewis presented HIGNFY and Hislop and Merton were slagging him off for being a posh lovie actor. They challenge him to portray a particular scene, don’t know if it was scripted, but it came across as not. Lewis took a second and did it perfectly.

Phoenix for me is a superb actor and just lives the role, whatever it is. His portrayal of Johnny Cash in “Walk The Line” was sublime.

Really good actors can take anything and make it good or better than it was written. Lewis, Phoenix and Gary Oldman fit into that category for me.

Got Joker for another day on rental, watching it again now, can't remember watching a film twice in a row for many years. Loved watching "Darkest Hour" last night as well.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Got Joker for another day on rental, watching it again now, can't remember watching a film twice in a row for many years. Loved watching "Darkest Hour" last night as well.
    Opinions eh? 😁

I'm a fan of Gary Oldman, but I wasn't all that impressed by the Darkest Hour (last night was the first I'd seen it). I thought he was a bit OTT at times, but I can see why he won so many awards. And as for that scene in the Tube 🙄

It was such a pivotal part of the War, that I felt it could have been better served by a 6-part TV series.

On the subject of Oldman, can anyone remind me of the TV he did a long time ago where he played a football casual?

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Opinions eh? 😁

I'm a fan of Gary Oldman, but I wasn't all that impressed by the Darkest Hour (last night was the first I'd seen it). I thought he was a bit OTT at times, but I can see why he won so many awards. And as for that scene in the Tube 🙄

It was such a pivotal part of the War, that I felt it could have been better served by a 6-part TV series.

On the subject of Oldman, can anyone remind me of the TV he did a long time ago where he played a football casual?
    I enjoyed the film as a whole but some of the historical liberties just seemed pointless.

The King visiting him in the middle of the night, the ludicrous trip on the tube and changing the date that the 'on the beaches' speech was made. The way in which Chamberlain is painted as a devious schemer is also totally inaccurate and wholly unfair. That whole period is such an amazing story anyway that the silly deviations just seemed unnecessary.

The Firm is the TV film Oldman played a casual.

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    I thought Joker was superb - but it's not one I'd be able to watch again straight after the first watch. I don't think I've ever felt so emotionally drained after a film as I did leaving the cinema post Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Opinions eh? 😁

Have a Becks and watch out for Phil Mitchell and Jim McDonald.

Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    Have a Becks and watch out for Phil Mitchell and Jim McDonald.
    Benny and Big Alan from Grange Hill too. "Celtic, what have we got to do with Celtic"?

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I enjoyed the film as a whole but some of the historical liberties just seemed pointless.

The King visiting him in the middle of the night, the ludicrous trip on the tube and changing the date that the 'on the beaches' speech was made. The way in which Chamberlain is painted as a devious schemer is also totally inaccurate and wholly unfair. That whole period is such an amazing story anyway that the silly deviations just seemed unnecessary.

The Firm is the TV film Oldman played a casual.
    Great performance in "The Firm" Tim Roth, "Made in Britain" is also a stand out. The two of them were/are amazing actors. Then we had so many more, "This is England" for me is the best of the bunch. Stephen Graham maybe the best british actor at the moment.

Oh, and ****, great cast, great acting and of course, "where's your f*****g Tool"

Scm not made it past the filter, my apologies to anyone offended 😁

@hibs.net private member
    Watched Normal People on BBC yesterday and I’m completely confused as to wether I liked it or not. Anyone else watched this?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Anyone watched Hollywood on Netflix?

I'm running out of stuff to watch, and that era of US history has always intrigued me. The trailers make it look a bit too soap-opera ish for me, but I'd appreciate any thoughts.

First Team Breakthrough
    Started first two episodes of Defending Jacob, looks promising so far, about a District attorney trying to protect his son, it's got Chris Evans (Captain America) playing the dad

Take the ball, pass the ball was on sky sports last night. Movie about the barcelona team that won the Champions league 2 years out of 3.

Might be on catch up / on demand

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakhog1 View Post
    Started first two episodes of Defending Jacob, looks promising so far, about a District attorney trying to protect his son, it's got Chris Evans (Captain America) playing the dad
    Is it a horror series? I liked the look of it, but the adverts for it give off a horror vibe and I don’t like scary stuff.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by EH6 Hibby View Post
    Is it a horror series? I liked the look of it, but the adverts for it give off a horror vibe and I don’t like scary stuff.

No, not a horror, more of a slow burning legal thriller type, reckon it will have a few twist and turns along the way