hibs.net Messageboard

Page 116 of 229 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,480 of 6851

Thread: Best tv

Ozark series 3 has so far been everything I hoped it would be and more.

I did have to go back and watch the last couple of episodes of the previous series as I had forgotten too much the first time I tried to watch the first episode.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ozark series 3 has so far been everything I hoped it would be and more.

I did have to go back and watch the last couple of episodes of the previous series as I had forgotten too much the first time I tried to watch the first episode.
    It’s certainly one of the best tv for me.

Billions starts tonight in the US hopefully no long before it’s here.

The Last Dance on Netflix is so good, the wait for new episodes is a killer. Can’t wait to see more.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    It’s certainly one of the best tv for me.

Billions starts tonight in the US hopefully no long before it’s here.
    I binge watched Ozark recently and while I agree it's very good it still wouldn't be in my top picks.

I just found it a bit slow. The acting is superb though.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    I binge watched Ozark recently and while I agree it's very good it still wouldn't be in my top picks.

I just found it a bit slow. The acting is superb though.
    Currently watching it and I’m very impressed with Jason Bateman, usually plays a comedic role but think he’s fantastic in this.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    I know it is probably an old programme but really like Suits the New York based legal series. Excellent storylines and characters with the stunning New York backdrop on Netflix..
    Binged the crap out of that during my first posting out in California with work. Destroyed the entire first season on the flight over - loved it. I swear it had nothing to do with me applying for law school at Stanford

I started The Last Kingdom this morning as I was looking for something new. I got through the new series of Bosch very quickly, so needed something else to follow on, and someone recommended this to me. I've also got a full new series of Billions to watch, and the new Lennie James drama on Sky Atlantic, 'Save Me Too' to get into.

Phew!

Apparently only 8 episodes of Billions filmed so far 5 still to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Binged the crap out of that during my first posting out in California with work. Destroyed the entire first season on the flight over - loved it. I swear it had nothing to do with me applying for law school at Stanford

I started The Last Kingdom this morning as I was looking for something new. I got through the new series of Bosch very quickly, so needed something else to follow on, and someone recommended this to me. I've also got a full new series of Billions to watch, and the new Lennie James drama on Sky Atlantic, 'Save Me Too' to get into.

Phew!
    The Last Kingdom is very good, not watched all of it yet though. Make sure you watch Save Me, before Save Me too (yet to watch either).

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    No worries mate, let me know what you think.

No gonna lie i thoroughly enjoyed it , I thought it was even better than season 1 and you would imagine looking at the ending their will be a season 3

I know it's not everyone's cuppa tea but then it's ok to like different TV viewing , Imagine we all liked the same stuff ?

Definitely enjoyed that so much i watched TEN episodes today

Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    Is it on Prime or Netflix? Never managed to watch it to the end years ago. Due a binge I think
    I have it on my hard drive. But it's a HBO show so I imagine you can watch on their app.

Although not sure you can get that outside the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    I absolutely hate westerns but loved Deadwood. I loved the attempt to add historical aspects like real life characters and the mixing pot of languages and dialects that were likely to have been prevalent around that time and in that area of the world. I loved it so much I actually went and visited the place which to be honest was a disappointment apart from the graveyard where I found most of the series characters buried there.
    It's a great show. Funnily enough a good friend of my was travelling across America with his now wife and he purposefully made a stop in Deadwood on the way.
    She never saw the show so had no idea he was deliberately going hundreds of miles out of the way so he could take a photo outside the Gem!

Primate on the BBC has been quite glorious to watch the last couple of Sunday nights (one episode to go), will be available on the iPlayer.
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 04-05-2020 at 01:13 PM.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Primate on the BBC has been quite glorious to watch the last couple of Sunday nights (one episode to go), will be available on the iPlayer.
    I agree it’s been brilliant so far.

United we stand here....

Recomend 21 bridges on Netflix, a cop movie but with more depth than most.
    Chadwick Aaron Boseman is brilliant, the supporting cast are also top notch.
    Last edited by wpj; 04-05-2020 at 11:17 PM.

I stopped watching it after about 30 mins, I thought it was dire. Opinions eh? 😊

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I stopped watching it after about 30 mins, I thought it was dire. Opinions eh? 😊
    Always haha

Pity Homeland is finished great final season.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    Pity Homeland is finished great final season.
    I thought, final episode aside, that the last season was really weak. So many things that were completely implausible. Really ruined it for me, the fundamental premise of the story was ridiculous.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Testimonial Due
    Blog Entries
    Re watching the early series/episodes of Benidorm, brilliantly tacky!! The latter episodes are poor though.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Have watched the first three episodes of Love Thy Neighbour, that’s certainly a step back to very different times.

Quote Originally Posted by c31 View Post
    Re watching the early series/episodes of Benidorm, brilliantly tacky!! The latter episodes are poor though.
    Was never the same after Mel died. Donald just about held it together but then he went to the great swingers party in the sky as well.

Kenneth and Liam were awful and they ruined the character of Matteo when they changed him from unlikeable sleazebag to camp comedy relief.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Saw it at the pictures and thought it was decent enough. Certainly if misses the target it isn't because of the acting performances of Chadwick Boseman or JK Simmons as you say.

Plenty of worse films on Netflix!

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/shane-me...series-2659915

I would love to see another series of This is England.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post

Phew!
    I've started the Last Kingdom as well, enjoying it so far, if I had known it was based on Bernard Cornwall books I'd have watched it ages ago as I used to love Sharpe

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Was never the same after Mel died. Donald just about held it together but then he went to the great swingers party in the sky as well.

Kenneth and Liam were awful and they ruined the character of Matteo when they changed him from unlikeable sleazebag to camp comedy relief.
    A prime example of a TV show lasting way beyond its sell by date, by about 4/5 series. The early years we really good mind you.

Used to love Benidorm in the early series. By no means spectacular but just left me with a smile on my face. The most recent seasons are absolutely horrific.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    Used to love Benidorm in the early series. By no means spectacular but just left me with a smile on my face. The most recent seasons are absolutely horrific.
    The Garveys leaving and losing Donald ruined it for me, never the same after that.

@hibs.net private member
    Just caught up with Walking dead all the way to Season 10 ep 15 from Christmas holidays!! What a show.

Is “Lost” worth a watch? Might give that a try.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    I nearly posted this on the Wildlife thread as I am up again to the raucous and vibrant sound of the birds. But since I have this new-found early morning time on my hands, I can post that we finally got to the end of the six series of The Sopranos last night. I have seen them all before but Mrs Mibbes had never seen an episode. It is fair to say she enjoyed it, loved it. Also fair to say that I was taken aback by the quality of the writing. I had forgotten just how much focus was on family and the emotional, as besides the violence and guns stuff.

Mrs Mibbes hated the ending and I guess that will divide Sopranos fans for ever.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    Just caught up with Walking dead all the way to Season 10 ep 15 from Christmas holidays!! What a show.

Is “Lost” worth a watch? Might give that a try.
    I recently finished watching Lost, it’s a bit weird but I loved it. It could definitely have been a bit shorter as there’s around 25 episodes per season and they tend to pad it out a bit. I would definitely put it in the top 10 shows I’ve seen.

United we stand here....