hibs.net Messageboard

Page 115 of 229 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,450 of 6852

Thread: Best tv

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Just finished The English game , Only 6 episodes but good bit of tv viewing right their

2. Log in to remove the advert

Think it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but 'Rebellion' is compelling drama for anyone interested in the 1916 Easter Rising, and the madness of that period in Irish (and British) history. There's a second series too, which I think will cover the following years of guerrilla warfare and the eventual treaty; Collins, De Valera and all that. Another chapter in the tragic history of Ireland.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but 'Rebellion' is compelling drama for anyone interested in the 1916 Easter Rising, and the madness of that period in Irish (and British) history. There's a second series too, which I think will cover the following years of guerrilla warfare and the eventual treaty; Collins, De Valera and all that. Another chapter in the tragic history of Ireland.
    What channel is it on?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    What channel is it on?
    2 seasons on Netflix....still on my to watch list so can't advise of how good it is

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    2 seasons on Netflix....still on my to watch list so can't advise of how good it is
    Noted, ta.

Scribbles on list.....

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Noted, ta.

Scribbles on list.....
    Sorry, should have said it was on Netflix.

I've watched the first 4 episodes now, and think it's great. It centres around the lives of several families and highlights the horrible moral complexities of the Rising. Neither side are painted as entirely goodies or baddies so doesn't play to viewer prejudices. I did notice the Dublin pubs stayed open while the conflict raged throughout the city (not sure if this was artistic license); couldn't help but allow myself a wry smile, given I'm walking past boarded up Edinburgh boozers every day at the moment...

Not happy about getting to Tuesday and there not being a new episode of Saul out.

Any idea when we're likely to see the final series?

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Not happy about getting to Tuesday and there not being a new episode of Saul out.

I think it's scheduled to start filming later this year and be released in 2021 but could up being delayed due to this ****ing Coronavirus.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    Started Gangs of London.

Very violent seems decent
    The Welsh writer/director made two gloriously violent mental Indonesian martial arts movies - the raid and the raid 2. Check them out if you get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Grieves View Post
    The Welsh writer/director made two gloriously violent mental Indonesian martial arts movies - the raid and the raid 2. Check them out if you get a chance.
    Yeah seen them, the action sequences are similar and equally OTT!

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar

Same - the 10 weeks have raced in.

I'm ok for now though, as I've just started watching Ozark following recommendations on here. 5 episodes in and enjoying it so far.

Pain, Pus and Poison: The Search for Modern Medicines

BBC4, you'll get it on iplayer; fascinating and quite funny history of how the likes of paracetamol and morphine were discovered, as well as cocaine and heroin, going back to the 18th century. Chemists often experimented on themselves, in the absence of any other method!

Yep, I miss it loads. Season 6 (I think) is the last one later this year. I hope the writers come up with a new spin off

Oh, started Afterlife series 2. Already laughing. Bitter sweet comedy

Finished second season of After Life. Enjoyed it but it did become a bit repetitive and the psychiatrist character nearly ruined the entire thing for me. Just not funny.

Other cast were great though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Finished second season of After Life. Enjoyed it but it did become a bit repetitive and the psychiatrist character nearly ruined the entire thing for me. Just not funny.

Other cast were great though.
    Really enjoyed it not quite as good as the first but your right the psychiatrist started to spoil it.

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    I love Suits. Good twist on an oldish format and very funny at times.
    Louis is one of my favourite TV characters ever. Acting is superb and hilarious as well.

@hibs.net private member
    Thoughts on Sons of Anarchy? Worth a watch? Tried to watch it before but found it hard to get into but thinking of giving it another chance, same with Peaky Blinders.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    Thoughts on Sons of Anarchy? Worth a watch? Tried to watch it before but found it hard to get into but thinking of giving it another chance, same with Peaky Blinders.
    Sons of Anarchy is good mate. It gets better in the later seasons. Peaky Blinders likewise.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    Really enjoyed it not quite as good as the first but your right the psychiatrist started to spoil it.
    I thought the psychiatrist was going to end up getting humiliated and shown up for being a bull****ter. That would’ve made his part make more sense, it may well happen in a later season.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I thought the psychiatrist was going to end up getting humiliated and shown up for being a bull****ter. That would’ve made his part make more sense, it may well happen in a later season.
    I liked the psychiatrist character. He was on a notable decline throughout the 1st season and it culminated in the caricature he was by the end of the 2nd series.

I took him as a comment on toxic masculinity. As others got better from letting people in and expressing their feelings he was on course for oblivion because of his 'man up and get on with it' mantra. I'm wary of posting a spoiler but ultimately look at who got happy endings and who didn't. He was in a pretty exclusive club.

Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    Louis is one of my favourite TV characters ever. Acting is superb and hilarious as well.
    You just got litt up.

Suits is one of my favourite TV shows.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Watched all four episodes of Unorthodox today after seeing it recommended on here, not sure why I watched it all to be honest......meh.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I liked the psychiatrist character. He was on a notable decline throughout the 1st season and it culminated in the caricature he was by the end of the 2nd series.

I took him as a comment on toxic masculinity. As others got better from letting people in and expressing their feelings he was on course for oblivion because of his 'man up and get on with it' mantra. I'm wary of posting a spoiler but ultimately look at who got happy endings and who didn't. He was in a pretty exclusive club.
    Yes I agree with that and I found him funny, I just thought he was set for a humiliation at the end, I still think it will happen

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

I agree with your take on the point of the storyline but it was just a bit too unrealistic for me. I know realism isn’t the top priority for a sitcom but it just grated a bit too much. Probably something that was accentuated by binge watching.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    4 eps in, still none the wiser, very good though.
    Now finished Devs, really enjoyed it, although the quantum physics parts passed me by. Very atmospheric programme.
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 30-04-2020 at 08:48 PM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Just started watching Homecoming and really enoying it so far, really trippy show.

Re-watching Deadwood. Absolutely brilliant.

Cocksucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post

Cocksucker.
    Is it on Prime or Netflix? Never managed to watch it to the end years ago. Due a binge I think

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post

Cocksucker.
    I absolutely hate westerns but loved Deadwood. I loved the attempt to add historical aspects like real life characters and the mixing pot of languages and dialects that were likely to have been prevalent around that time and in that area of the world. I loved it so much I actually went and visited the place which to be honest was a disappointment apart from the graveyard where I found most of the series characters buried there.