hibs.net Messageboard

Page 107 of 229 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,210 of 6858

Thread: Best tv

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really enjoyed it so far, Patrick Stewart is brilliant as expected, Seven of Nine makes an appearance and that particular story is really interesting, wish they'd spent more time on it but maybe a story for another spin off? Looking forward to the rest of the episodes but kinda wished I'd waited to watch it over the course of a couple of days.
    Yeah the weekly episode thing is a bit of a pain.

And as I’ve only seen 5 episodes over a month apart I’m not sure I can get into it the same way I would watching them all over the course of a week or two.

So I think it’s OK and watchable enough but not exactly gripped me as yet and not sure I’d be going out of my way to recommend anyone to watch it...but that’s maybe caveated by the comments above.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Top tip: Anyone using a VPN service, take a look at Netflix India. The selection available is phenomenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I've been thinking about watching BB again for a while. I might leave it another year or so and go straight into it after the end of Better Call Saul.

The flash forward scene at the start of the 1st episode of the new season was fantastic. It will be interesting to see how that plays out as there was maybe a hint of a sequel type show, special or otherwise, to round everything off. There's been rumours about a Kim Wexler spin off for a while and where she disappears to.
    Re-watching BB will probably be best between series 5 and 6, now that 6 has been confirmed to be the last one.

I like that they’re not going to milk it too much.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Re-watching BB will probably be best between series 5 and 6, now that 6 has been confirmed to be the last one.

I like that they’re not going to milk it too much.
    I found it really hard going the second time around. It was so laboured and slow when you have an idea of what’s round the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I've been thinking about watching BB again for a while. I might leave it another year or so and go straight into it after the end of Better Call Saul.

The flash forward scene at the start of the 1st episode of the new season was fantastic. It will be interesting to see how that plays out as there was maybe a hint of a sequel type show, special or otherwise, to round everything off. There's been rumours about a Kim Wexler spin off for a while and where she disappears to.
    I regularly flip back to certain scenes in BB just to put things into context. I think we’ll be pretty close to BB time by end of this season of BCS. We know that in Sauls first episode he mentions Nacho and Lalo. Domingo/Crazy 8 was mentioned in BB as being a DEA informant... these pieces are coming together now.

I think the Gene Tankovic stuff will form a bigger chunk of the final season. So far we’ve had 5-10 mins at the start of every season but there’s clearly more story there which is being trailed. Potentially Kim could come back into it in that future period?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Top tip: Anyone using a VPN service, take a look at Netflix India. The selection available is phenomenal.
    How would u do this using a firestick cheers

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    How would u do this using a firestick cheers
    I'm no expert on Firestick as I don't own one. I run my VPN over my router meaning that all the wifi devices I use at home appear to be in the country of my choosing. All I have to do is switch between VPN servers on my router and I can be virtually in any country on earth. If the Firestick connects to the internet via wifi then I'd imagine that would work too.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Just finished watching the first series of ‘City On A Hill’, a Boston crime drama. Not sure if it has been posted before, I am watching on catch-up and this thread is far too long to check back I say first series because it was all left set up for a second series and I would be astonished if there wasn’t.

Really enjoyed it. The criminal characters have some depth, and on the law side we have the sight of Kevin Bacon obviously enjoying himself playing someone conflicted and dirty - goes against the vast majority of his previous acting roles. He looks like he is loving the role and the moustache . I am a big fan of actors playing against their type and I think Bacon does it well.

Great listening to the filthy Boston-accented swearing plus many fabulous eighties tunes as the soundtrack. Best would be the related ‘More Than A Feeling’ by Boston, in one of the early episodes.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member
    Finished Narcos:Mexico last night really enjoyed it, final 2 episodes where brilliant.

Not sure what to start next, westworld season 3 starts next week really looking forward to that

War of the Worlds.

new version on Fox really good first couple of episodes.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Finished the Outsiders and was more than decent

War of the worlds 1 episode in and again no bad

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I watched the finale of the Outsider last night. It was tense and gripping, and I really enjoyed the series.

However, I'm annoyed by the ending, but I won't spoil it for you by saying any more.

The Windsors is mostly rubbish but, Beatrice and Eugenie deserve their own show. 😊

Even if it's just for their "posh" accents!
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 11-03-2020 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    War of the Worlds.

new version on Fox really good first couple of episodes.
    Aye very promising, much better than the BBC version.

The Enemy Within on 5USA has been quite good, cancelled after one season though.
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 11-03-2020 at 07:55 AM.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    I’m a bit late to the party but just watched White Gold on Netflix from the BBC. Had me laughing out loud quite a few times and defo a good watch

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Is it just me that’s finding Sport Relief really pish this year? I don’t watch it religiously but it’s so cringeworthy.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Is it just me that’s finding Sport Relief really pish this year? I don’t watch it religiously but it’s so cringeworthy.
    Awful.

I
    My wife wanted to watch a bit about the choir singing "You've got a friend" but I left the room to do something. It was still on when I returned but it was so bad, it didn't get another 5 mins.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    With no football, what an opportunity to catch up with all the stuff I've never got round to watching!

On episode 4 of Succession series 1 which was probably discussed back on page 2 of this thread

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Kingdom series 2, it's a Korean Zombie show but set in feudal times is now on netflix so that will give me something to do with no fitba

The latest season of Curb has been superb, up there with the early years.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Agreed - back on form after a fairly disappointing last season ....

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    I’ve only ever seen the odd episode here or there, and it has it’s moments, but don’t think I got Curb Your Enthusiasm. I also couldn’t watch any episode with Leon, he just ruined the episode IMO. Maybe worth giving it a fair try from the start though before writing it off.

@hibs.net private member
    I’ve just started it from season 1. Watched it years ago but lost the thread when I changed sky for by. Season 1 is excellent - just finished the doctor surgery episode.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Just finished White house farm , Thought it was superb based on true events

Just started The English Game on Netflix. Decent start and a mention for Hibs in the 1st 10 minutes is always a winner.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I’ve just started it from season 1. Watched it years ago but lost the thread when I changed sky for by. Season 1 is excellent - just finished the doctor surgery episode.
    For me, the first 4 seasons are pretty much constant gold. It then got a bit patchy until the season where Larry arranges a Seinfeld reunion. If you’re a Seinfeld fan, that season is a real treat.

This latest season (think it’s season 10?) has been on a level of the first 4 years, every episode has been brilliant.

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Took my time, but I’m currently on series 4 of Peaky Blinders. Been meaning to watch it for ages, it’s really good.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Just finished White house farm , Thought it was superb based on true events
    As a drama it's good. It's sketchy with the real story however.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Yes I'm assuming 6 takes us up to BB.
    I think this season seems to be leading us up to Breaking Bad timeframe quite nicely. Hoping for season 6 we'll get a bit of during and after Breaking Bad events.

Jimmys cons in the latest episode were hilarious, Jesus especially.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    We're watching The Tiger King on Netflix. Quite interesting, and really shows how backwards American rednecks are.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net