hibs.net Messageboard

Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1415

Thread: Best tv

  1. #1381
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,832
    Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep it's a shame really, only a handful of the 140 odd original members of Easy company are still alive. Only realised recently that the box-set I have has a 80 min documentary with it. Extended interviews with the real people etc, going to give it a watch soon.
    Ive read the book too, and it reveals that bill guarnere from the programme got one of his tatoos in Edinburgh while up here on leave from the south coast!


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #1382
    Coaching Staff frazeHFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South Queensferry
    Age
    24
    Posts
    7,795
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Frazdazhfc
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ive read the book too, and it reveals that bill guarnere from the programme got one of his tatoos in Edinburgh while up here on leave from the south coast!
    Really, interesting wee bit of info that! Will definitely be giving that a read some time.

  4. #1383
    House of Cards (US) is excellent. I'm just at the end of S4 - got 3 episodes to go and need to watch before my mates Netflix subscription expires on Saturday.

  5. #1384
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    39
    Posts
    33,980
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On sky U.K.?
    Sky Atlantic.
    http://hibscomebackison.blogspot.co.uk/ - Read my blog "So A Season Starts.. " - Updated TODAY 03/08/15

  6. #1385
    @hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Age
    33
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Curb is my all time favourite comedy. Bar none. Outstanding

    Always sunny didn't quite connect with me - many love it though
    Sunny is probably my all time favourite sitcom. (As my avatar probably indicates)
    It's so nihilistic and brutal but also so well written and acted. Manages to make so many sly references and points along the way.
    Curb probably second. Leon is just incredible.

  7. #1386
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sky Atlantic.
    Cool currently on holiday thought I had read it wasn't on until later in the year in the U.K.

  8. #1387
    @hibs.net private member Steve-O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Age
    35
    Posts
    19,776
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has anyone watched the final season of Bloodline yet? Were we the only ones who didn't have a scooby what was going on in the second last episode? I was a bit disappointed in the ending.
    Just finished now. Yep those last two episodes were kind of strange. I was expecting some huge ingenious revelation but it never really came?

    Still, I quite liked the show, and three seasons is enough for me. Some shows just go on too long.

  9. #1388
    @hibs.net private member wpj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    london
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just finished now. Yep those last two episodes were kind of strange. I was expecting some huge ingenious revelation but it never really came?

    Still, I quite liked the show, and three seasons is enough for me. Some shows just go on too long.
    Happy Hannibal is back for season 2 on Netflix. Also Animal Kingdom is ok once you get into it

  10. #1389
    @hibs.net private member Steve-O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Age
    35
    Posts
    19,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    13 reasons why is very refreshing, first thing I've watched for ages without shoot outs, drugs, car chases etc... Just a proper mainly narrative driven story.
    Watching it now and very pleasantly surprised as I thought it'd be some teenybopper nonsense.

    Alas, it isn't. Set in the present day, but has a real 80s type vibe that reminds me of Donnie Darko and Stranger Things. Done 6 episodes so far and really enjoying it. Soundtrack is good too.

  11. #1390
    @hibs.net private member wpj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    london
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,921
    Started watching Preacher, bit weird so far. Anyone seen it? Is it worth sticking With?
    Been watching Animal Kingdom which has got better and better but having to wait a week for each episode is a pain!

  12. #1391
    #dotnettopboiz Haymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Chatham, NJ, USA
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,632
    Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Started watching Preacher, bit weird so far. Anyone seen it? Is it worth sticking With?
    Been watching Animal Kingdom which has got better and better but having to wait a week for each episode is a pain!
    The books are amazing, haven't seen the tv show yet but they've changed bits apparently but kept the jist.
    21.05.2016. I Was There.

    .net PM board "Biggest Slaver of the year 2014"

    Less talk, more gifs. :

  13. #1392
    @hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bellevue
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watching it now and very pleasantly surprised as I thought it'd be some teenybopper nonsense.

    Alas, it isn't. Set in the present day, but has a real 80s type vibe that reminds me of Donnie Darko and Stranger Things. Done 6 episodes so far and really enjoying it. Soundtrack is good too.
    We've started watching Riverdale which has a similar vibe to 13 Reasons Why, although it is perhaps slightly more teenybopperish than 13 Reasons Why.
    Last edited by overdrive; 15-07-2017 at 06:16 PM.

  14. #1393
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    46
    Posts
    16,623
    Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For me BOB is in a different league from anything else I've seen. Not just the quality of it or the fact it's real but as you say the way it grips you emotionally. I always have a tear in my eye at end of the last episode. Reminds me of the stories my grandad used to tell me when I was young, unfortunately when I got old enough and became fascinated by WWII it was too late to hear such stories.

    Talking of the Wire, gang culture is another thing that I find interesting so that's always been one I say I'll watch but not got round to it yet.
    If you like gang related stuff and don't mind subtitles you need to seek out Gomorrah about the napoli crime families. Stunning TV.

  15. #1394
    @hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,746
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you like gang related stuff and don't mind subtitles you need to seek out Gomorrah about the napoli crime families. Stunning TV.
    Correct, it's fantastic TV

  16. #1395
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    234
    Game of Thrones back, brilliant as always.

  17. #1396
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    39
    Posts
    33,980
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Mentioned it a few times on this thread but if you're not on board with The Leftovers yet, you should be. Season 3 is absolutely brilliant.
    http://hibscomebackison.blogspot.co.uk/ - Read my blog "So A Season Starts.. " - Updated TODAY 03/08/15

  18. #1397
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    489
    Anyone watched The Jinx?

  19. #1398
    @hibs.net private member easty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,800
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinNish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone watched The Jinx?
    Aye. It's really good. He's a very strange man.

  20. #1399
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye. It's really good. He's a very strange man.
    Recommended to me by a work colleague. Watched an episode last night and had to watch another one coz i was so intrigued. A very strange man indeed.

  21. #1400
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mentioned it a few times on this thread but if you're not on board with The Leftovers yet, you should be. Season 3 is absolutely brilliant.
    Watch the 1st episode very odd as usual!

  22. #1401
    @hibs.net private member easty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,800
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I only recently started watching the latest season of Homeland. It's excellent. Got 3 episodes left to watch, but it's prob been my favourite season of Homeland.

  23. #1402
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I only recently started watching the latest season of Homeland. It's excellent. Got 3 episodes left to watch, but it's prob been my favourite season of Homeland.
    Yeah it was a return to form.

  24. #1403
    #dotnettopboiz Haymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Chatham, NJ, USA
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,632
    Finally finished the Sopranos. Brilliant ending.
    21.05.2016. I Was There.

    .net PM board "Biggest Slaver of the year 2014"

    Less talk, more gifs. :

  25. #1404
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    46
    Posts
    13,864
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I only recently started watching the latest season of Homeland. It's excellent. Got 3 episodes left to watch, but it's prob been my favourite season of Homeland.
    Really? I think its ran its course, time for them to call it a day methinks.

  26. #1405
    Monday viewing sorted for a wee while with Power back on

  27. #1406
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? I think its ran its course, time for them to call it a day methinks.
    Nah, totally agree with Easty, the last series was definitely better than the last couple.

  28. #1407
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    46
    Posts
    13,864
    Maybe its cos they've got a woman playing POTUS, I mean whats that all about? ;-)

  29. #1408
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe its cos they've got a woman playing POTUS, I mean whats that all about? ;-)
    I think the producers probably thought it would be Hillary.
    I agree with what others have said and thought it found it's way again on the last season.

  30. #1409
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,832
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I only recently started watching the latest season of Homeland. It's excellent. Got 3 episodes left to watch, but it's prob been my favourite season of Homeland.
    I really like homeland - yeah its far fetched, bur i found the latest series really quite gripping, and quinn's story and performance wad compelling.

    Actually really liked the series set in pakistan too - in fact since brody left, its got better again.

  31. #1410
    #dotnettopboiz Haymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Chatham, NJ, USA
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,632
    On episode 4 of peaky blinders. Bit good this.
    21.05.2016. I Was There.

    .net PM board "Biggest Slaver of the year 2014"

    Less talk, more gifs. :

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved