hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flare/Smokebomb

They stunk up the FF for a few minutes, but none of us could see where the 'device' was exploded.

I like all that continental stuff .. but if peoples health is at risk then its got to stop.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by HH_MYB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe we could have a smokebomb section next season so that like minded guys and gals can set them off to their hearts content.

Or alternatively e-bombs, similar to the e-cig concept where the user gets the thrill but those surrounding them are unaffected?
    We could have smoke-bomb vape shops starting up, just like the efag ones
    How about smoking bombs, where the user can inhale and smoke the bomb, just like an eFag? There'd be a choice of colours and tastes.
    Bound to be a market, especially down ER/Leith way.

I'm the least politically correct person you will find...

With that out the way, how can anyone defend anyone's "right" to chuck a hot/smoking device within our OWN fans. Eventually, it lands and skelps someone - if you done that in the street, you'd get done for assault would ye no? So, how can it be cool to do it at a game, as I say, whacking one of yer own fans?

Sorry. Am nae pc brigade and generally dont give a toss what anyone does but for ****s sake, its no even remotely legal never mind allowed. Where do we draw the "Boys will boys line?" - only when one of the folk advocating it gets skelped in the boat with a flare?

Just dinnae dae it. We're no in Europe and wont be any time soon and it pretty much makes us look like wallopers of the highest order.

Cup final win at Hampden, Scottish Cup 7-0 against them...maybe, on to the trackside...no bothering anyone and we're all with ye for that. Easter Road, against Raith Rovers in the 1st division? The last thing we want to do is highlight this game.

All in my most humble, honest and considered opinion of course. And, I'm right

Just ban anyone from ER who has breathing problems Wouldn't want to upset the young team or spoil their fun now, would we?

Normally don't get too worked up about these.

BUT I've a bit of a cold at the moment and also have allergy induced asthma. At the weekend for the 1st time the smoke bomb really caught in my throat, I sit in the FF Upper, and I had to use my reliever inhaler for the 1st time in about 3 years.

In fairness I think my breathlessness was as much due to my cold and a bit of panic as the smoke bomb but it wasn't particularly pleasant.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by gordieboy View Post
    Its about time the stewardsloo done there job properly and stop these clowns bringing
    these things in,anyone caught should be banned from all football grounds.
    The only way to stop them coming in is too ban people for having them

I personally dont find them a nuisance and i sit in the section next to where they were let off. But the fact of the matter is that they are banned so the persons responsible should find an alternative method of generating an 'atmosphere'.
    On a plus point it did obscure my view of the pitch for a couple of minutes.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    If it causes discomfort to other folk in the ground action should be taken against the offenders.

@hibs.net private member
    I never noticed the smoke bomb but I did get a whiff of sulphur. I had assumed somebody sitting in the West Lower had eaten a lot of eggs for breakfast.

How can you not see this ?

Look at the G4S chappie standing by watching and doing nothing.

Hopefully the CCTV will have picked up he culprit and dealt with him/her appropriately
    Attached Images Attached Images

It was a crap smoke bomb anyway as plenty of folk in the West never even saw it!

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LordBamba View Post
    If it's a derby I can understand but to let one of after scoring again raith rovers is embarrassing
    Being in this league is embarrassing.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    It was a crap smoke bomb anyway as plenty of folk in the West never even saw it!
    The first I knew of it was when I noticed the familiar stench from them and I sit in the West Lower.

So surely being in this league and setting off smoke bombs like we're some polish ultras playing a champions league clash is very embarrassing?

When the smoke blew down on to the pitch the linesman on the east stand side looked round and up to see what was happening so no doubt passed this on to his colleague

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    perhaps the FAMILY stand is the place for yourself and laddie just incase any of these acts against humanitary are done on a regular basis.
    What a stupid post!

They are banned the boy and his lad have every right to sit where ever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    perhaps the FAMILY stand is the place for yourself and laddie just incase any of these acts against humanitary are done on a regular basis.
    -rse

I have nothing against smoke flares but I fear that the young lads using them will buy the cheapest flares available from dubious online sellers. These cheap flares will unlikely carry the a British Kite Mark and will probably be unsafe and not for use in crowded areas. It will only be a matter of time until someone gets a serious injury. Until such time I presume it will continue uncontrolled by security.

@hibs.net private member
    I'm not for or against smoke bombs. I however use the toilets at half time and it is crammed packed of smokers. It's illegal to smoke inside a stadium and cigerettes come with a health warning that can kill, yet this is not brought up on this forum.

How many of the people on here want these smoke bombs to stop yet smoke I'n the bogs inside the stadium? I don't want to smell of smoke or breath any smoke I'n.

GGTTH

I love the smell of sulphur in the afternoon.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain, the land where Health and Safety, Risk Assessments and fake outrage rule. I can only assume that asthma and breathing difficulties simply don't exist in Greece, Turkey, Poland, Sweden and pretty much everywhere else in the world where smoke bombs and flares are common fixtures? Either that or they just aren't as big a problem as the British public try to make them.

Potassium nitrate is odourless.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries

Can just imagine a fan at this game going home and logging into legiawarsaw.net all pissed off and complaining about the nasty smell and not being able to see properly

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Ee. View Post
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain, the land where Health and Safety, Risk Assessments and fake outrage rule. I can only assume that asthma and breathing difficulties simply don't exist in Greece, Turkey, Poland, Sweden and pretty much everywhere else in the world where smoke bombs and flares are common fixtures? Either that or they just aren't as big a problem as the British public try to make them.
    In Turkey fathers let off smoke bombs in the delivery room just as their newborns heids pop out. Not just as a celebration, but also to toughen them up for the regular smoke bombs and flares that are, apparently, a common fixture over there.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    In Turkey fathers let off smoke bombs in the delivery room just as their newborns heids pop out. Not just as a celebration, but also to toughen them up for the regular smoke bombs and flares that are, apparently, a common fixture over there.
    Should be made compulsory in all British hospitals in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    So going by your suggestion Hibs should advise all people with breathing problems to move stand rather than deal with something that's banned.

That's not very humanitary :p
    Smoking is banned, it happens though, puffing on vapours are banned, it happens, plenty folk enter the ground while under the influence, why is everyone picking on a couple of folk letting flares off in the stands, even Ribeena is banned but folk try to take it in, foul and abusive language is not allowed but happens every game, why are stewards/club turning a blind eye to these things but making a big deal about smoke bombs, surely they should be clamping down on all of the above rather than picking on a few in the East setting these flares off.

PS, did see the stewards pull some one up for puffing on a vapour a few weeks back and were given a wee slap on the wrist.

Peace Mrs S.

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    They stink anaw.

So do farts.

So do farts.
    Aye but we were playing Raith.