hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would you say that, we don't have a history of coming late and winning things? Give me a team thats up there early and has the chance to throw things away, rather than being nowhere near all season.
    Play off v Airdrie - won
    Play off v Hamilton - lost.........that is our recent play off record over the years.

Won a cup in 2007, won SC Cup semi finals v 'Dons and Falkirk more recently (where we came back), beating Hearts in a cup tie the game after our worst defeat to them in the same cup.....

Let's not get too despondent after 8 games........we have to be and we will be in the top 4. Not sure as yet what position, but we will be.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Play off v Airdrie - won
    Play off v Hamilton - lost.........that is our recent play off record over the years.

Won a cup in 2007, won SC Cup semi finals v 'Dons and Falkirk more recently (where we came back), beating Hearts in a cup tie the game after our worst defeat to them in the same cup.....

Let's not get too despondent after 8 games........we have to be and we will be in the top 4. Not sure as yet what position, but we will be.
    Youve gotta share out some of the good glue you are receiving. Where is all this optimism from, you seen the team, the squad, the results? Thats the reality of this season. Big numbers out, small numbers in (although I admit the players in are higher standard than before) the same jokers driving the bus, BUT all people happy with this, this year, yet again, ANOTHER year the charity thieves are laughing at us, I am sorry, this year, along with all Petries years, is unnacceptable! This year of all years when we should have been challenging at the top. Disgusting running of a club.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    Youve gotta share out some of the good glue you are receiving. Where is all this optimism from, you seen the team, the squad, the results? Thats the reality of this season. Big numbers out, small numbers in (although I admit the players in are higher standard than before) the same jokers driving the bus, BUT all people happy with this, this year, yet again, ANOTHER year the charity thieves are laughing at us, I am sorry, this year, along with all Petries years, is unnacceptable! This year of all years when we should have been challenging at the top. Disgusting running of a club.
    Still in the League Cup after a tricky away tie at County where our new striker scored two cracking headers and we kept a clean sheet........followed up with a lovely 3-1 away win at a place we were all expecting a defeat.........then a weekend draw where we should have won by half time........new manager, new backroom team, better mood at East Mains, very positive enthusiastic manager new to the position.

I want RP out as much as anyone, but RP isn't the one missing the chances we are missing at vital points in games. Hibs need the clinical finishing we had at Ibrox and up at Dingwall. That will come with games and players beginning to understand each other. Stubbs' signings have all been good as far as I can see. He knows what he wants and he takes time in doing so.

I keep rattling on about it, we will be wildly inconsistent this season, with really good but bizarre wins, followed with some ugly defeats. But at some point we will string 6 or 7 on the spin, I'm convinced of it.

I'll even go as far as to say this side will inflict Hearts first defeat of the season in the league in a few games time. There's yer optimism for you

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    When we get better and have the right to say "we shouldn't lose to them or we should be beating these teams" unfortunately it doesn't look like anytime soon, we simply don't have the right to claim who we should beat anymore, that's how poor we have become sadly.
    And the important thing is not to complain in case we upset our masters Farmer/Petrie. We should pay up and endure the ***** served by these jokers. Anyone who doesn't like it should get lost and come back when they've consumed a healthy dose of realism and realised how small a club Hibs really are.
    Last edited by Crazyhorse; 05-10-2014 at 09:17 PM.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Still in the League Cup after a tricky away tie at County where our new striker scored two cracking headers and we kept a clean sheet........followed up with a lovely 3-1 away win at a place we were all expecting a defeat.........then a weekend draw where we should have won by half time........new manager, new backroom team, better mood at East Mains, very positive enthusiastic manager new to the position.

I want RP out as much as anyone, but RP isn't the one missing the chances we are missing at vital points in games. Hibs need the clinical finishing we had at Ibrox and up at Dingwall. That will come with games and players beginning to understand each other. Stubbs' signings have all been good as far as I can see. He knows what he wants and he takes time in doing so.

I keep rattling on about it, we will be wildly inconsistent this season, with really good but bizarre wins, followed with some ugly defeats. But at some point we will string 6 or 7 on the spin, I'm convinced of it.

I'll even go as far as to say this side will inflict Hearts first defeat of the season in the league in a few games time. There's yer optimism for you
    Fair play, right back at me, but were you no involved in the last 2 "adventures" as Petrie last called it, in the division below? At this stage, even, you need to be racking up the points. You just cannot afford to drop home points against teams that frankly are not your rivals for the title, listen, in Hibs last 2 times in lower divisions ANY points dropped home or away were regarded as a disaster. Were you not there? We are just flinging points away all the time, & everyones giving this big "its OK, its transition, its a new manager" nonsense- stop it. Time for points is yesterday. I am stuck with my team but if I was a youngster watching Hibs get humbled year after year because of an incompetent stubborn clueless about football Buffoon like Rod Petrie, & I had a choice to make it would not be towards anything that had all the adults who had been following that team for yon time who were bailing out due to the. Continued. Mediocrity on show, or where the home fans after many years of underaceivement. Are quick on theoffensive, basically Rod Petrie has built an Arena for people & so chronically mismanaged it that as a spectacle & as entertainment, youngsters just will not want to be within a mile of Easter Road. Taking my son back for first time in a few years as he had an injury & couldnae make his under 14s, he was laughing throughout, asking why I did it, asking why things were so far slipped from when we used to go to all games 5/6 years ago, & what can you say to him. Sorry Son, Petries run us into the ground? He said he cant wait to get back to fitness cos then he'll be playing & I cannae drag him to E.R. No more. Cheers Petrie, you've put my son of being a Hibby. Dont know what it is you think your doing with the club, but at times IMO you are destroying its future.

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar

we have no chance of winning 6 or 7 on the spin, we will be doing well to win that many home games never mind on the spin. as for the derby would you trust that lot to beat hearts ( well you do) , i just hope your right.

[QUOTE=keekaboo;4190833]...not the end of the world.

Sorry to against the grain but I refuse to start slitting my wrists over dropping two points yesterday. IMHO, some people had become a bit too excited by Monday's result and expected us to suddenly be winnng every game.

We are where we are, in the middle of the Championship with a young Manager and limited resources. However, I think Stubbs is learning and we'll improve gradually. Perhaps not in time to actually WIN this league but that's just part of the situation we're in. If we don't win it, there's no reason we can't at least be in the mix for promotion via the Play-Offs.

Constantly harping on about 'how low we've sunk' after every dissapoining result isn't going to help anybody.

"that just part of the situation we're in" It sounds like nothing is attributable in the universe you are describing. I would argue we have ended up in this situation because we have constantly lowered our expectations of what we expect from a Hibs team. If you are content with hovering around the fringes of the play offs that's fine you are the perfect demographic for a Farmer/Petrie lead HFC. Enjoy your season mate.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    Fair play, right back at me, but were you no involved in the last 2 "adventures" as Petrie last called it, in the division below? At this stage, even, you need to be racking up the points. You just cannot afford to drop home points against teams that frankly are not your rivals for the title, listen, in Hibs last 2 times in lower divisions ANY points dropped home or away were regarded as a disaster. Were you not there? We are just flinging points away all the time, & everyones giving this big "its OK, its transition, its a new manager" nonsense- stop it. Time for points is yesterday. I am stuck with my team but if I was a youngster watching Hibs get humbled year after year because of an incompetent stubborn clueless about football Buffoon like Rod Petrie, & I had a choice to make it would not be towards anything that had all the adults who had been following that team for yon time who were bailing out due to the. Continued. Mediocrity on show, or where the home fans after many years of underaceivement. Are quick on theoffensive, basically Rod Petrie has built an Arena for people & so chronically mismanaged it that as a spectacle & as entertainment, youngsters just will not want to be within a mile of Easter Road. Taking my son back for first time in a few years as he had an injury & couldnae make his under 14s, he was laughing throughout, asking why I did it, asking why things were so far slipped from when we used to go to all games 5/6 years ago, & what can you say to him. Sorry Son, Petries run us into the ground? He said he cant wait to get back to fitness cos then he'll be playing & I cannae drag him to E.R. No more. Cheers Petrie, you've put my son of being a Hibby. Dont know what it is you think your doing with the club, but at times IMO you are destroying its future.
    Can't argue that youngsters are only there really 'cos of family ties etc......I caught the tail end of the Tornadoes 'cos of my old man (I was very young), yet endured the 80's which were far worse than this in my opinion - football was chronic and it was actually the fans that made me go to games as the support was absolutely 'the mental Hibees'.

I simply cannot sit back though and listen to fans rip into a side whose manager is literally only 10 games into a season, with a squad just newly assembled after a crushing relegation. Hibs were on a life support machine in May/June........we are however recovering, getting there, and there seems to be a definite football plan. There have been only two games out the 10 or so that we have really played poorly and that is v Alloa and Queens. First half yesterday we should have been comfortable 2-0 maybe even 3-0 (mind they did hit the bar too of course).

If we beat Dundee United, and it's an ask but a possibility, then we are in the semi final of a cup again.......I said a few weeks ago, I can see us doing well in the cups this season as they are a good distraction from exactly this kind of weekend. And, like any lower division side drawn against a top league side, you raise your game subconsciously.

For that reason I am not worried after what I have seen the first 8 league games.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Play off v Airdrie - won

I agree we have come back a few times in games, every club will do that. I was meaning in the league, we always have folk telling us how we are only 2 point from the top 6 or we are only 6 points off 2nd place, only to fail miserably to reach the top 6 or even a European place.

And the one time recently we did make a European place, we couldn't celebrate that because that apparently was not good enough because we scraped in?

When you are as poor as we have been and ALWAY needing a run of games to make any kind of decent position, i will take scraping in to 4th place in the SPL every time.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Unless we see some major investment in the club and the manager is backed financially then this is how our seasons are going to go for the next X amount of years. 1 win then a couple of defeats and draws. Twice this season we've relied on the fitness of other teams failing in the final ten minutes of matches. ( dumbarton and cowdenbeath) we came back to win those games. While we won those matches we were a baw hair away from draws and to be fair both those teams were worthy of draws, as were raith worthy of their draw yesterday.

Other than ross county away have kept a clean sheet this season? No I don't think so. Our defence is leaky and I'm still not convinced with oxley who we might lose in January anyway. We really lack ideas on the park. Other than hearts and rangers coming to Easter rd then 3-5-2 will not work against the other sides who will come and sit in as raith did yesterday with a 4-5-1. Stubbs and the players have to remember that all the so called smaller teams in the league will raise their game against us as they see hibs as a big scalp to take in the league. There seems to be a bit of the "it's only Alloa or its only dumbarton we are playing attitude". We have to remember the teams were are playing are all in the league on merit and they are no pushovers.

If we can go out on the park and apply ourselves and play the way we know we can we will win more games than we lose, but if we go out with the attitude that "we're hibs" and we only need to turn up then we will end up with egg on our faces many more times this season.

Not angry about yesterday but not overly optimistic about the rest of the season either.

And thats that.
    Last edited by Hermit Crab; 05-10-2014 at 10:19 PM.