hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    None hearts won easy again says it all really!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by smithy_hibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    None hearts won easy again says it all really!
    There's a.ways next week on Alloas inferior artificial pitch but Yep I expect they won't find that a problem as they are winning and full of confidence

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Today's game at QOS has ended that theory.

Not really, a vastly superior team will overcome the advantage to the home team which is what happened at QOS.

Quote Originally Posted by BVB Hibs View Post
    On the injuries front, as somebody who has played hockey from an early age on astroturf (albeit a hockey astro and not 3G), I can assure anybody reading this that astroturfs in no way generate more injuries than a grass surface. If anything it's less due to how even the surface is. There was a time about 20 years ago when pitches were simply laid on concrete and didn't have any of the cushioning pitches come with today, and that's where the injuries myth comes from. Sure, there's people here who have issues with 3G pitches, but can we really base an argument on the merits of 3G pitches on anecdotal evidence from some amateur football players?

With regards to the 3G in american football, that was mainly to do with blocking/tackling. As there's no give in the pitch (i.e it will hold firm even with huge amounts of force exerted on it) it was very easy to overload the knee when being pushed/tackled, as your foot would essentially be locked in place by the pitch. NFL is still played on a synthetic surface, though the nature of this surface has changed massively over the past few years.

Grass doesn't have long left in football. 3G surfaces are being improved on a daily basis and it's only a matter of time until something is developed that is categorically better than grass. As it stands though, I'd consider a well kept grass pitch superior for football. In Scotland we don't see many of those, so 3G even in it's current form is the best option for the majority of sides here.
    Interesting - would appear to support the idea that your body becomes used to playing on a particular type of surface and that many of the injuries suffered by footballers on an artificial pitch are due to not being used to the surface.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

I always think that as a country, Scotland missed a trick in not exporting red blaze pitches to the world. Even without a Mouldmaster, I'm sure we would have won the World Cup. 3G? you youngsters don't know you're living.