hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by wick hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lets wait until after xmas then we will have a better idea
    That's nonsense. This league should be shooty in for a team with our resources.
    Fact is we are doing abysmally on the field and the buck for that stops with George Craig and Alan Stubbs. They have to turn this round now. No more excuses.

2. Log in to remove the advert

We should have beat the huns first time round. We did beat them the second time (and then some)

But then we look at Alloa, Raith and Cowden****ingbeath!!

Bottom line; he had a hard job to pick this pile of keech up and make a team from Butcher's ashes. So far, he's partially succeeded but I'd say less than half. More than plenty room for improvement but did anyone expect anything more from a rookie manager?

He's honest enough. He's making mistakes. He seems to give a ****. He's not Butcher. These are all pluses (except the mistakes )

But, we NEED to be in the top four and stay there. The horrible reality whether you whisper it or shout it out is, the mutants are going to be first or second unless something changes drastically and so are the huns. We therefore need to get our collective ***** in gear and make sure we're right there (or better) and get ourselves mentally strong(er) for play offs. We are some way of that as yet...

We could do better, we probably will...we showed we CAN do it. Now we need to do it. Regularly. Or we'll be here another season, at least....

5/10.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    My first reaction is 4/10. We are now relying on Hearts and The Rangers both going on absolutely horrendous runs to be in the top 2.

However, what criteria are we judging him on? We really have to ignore the standard of player as a criteria as player recruitment, we are told, is not his (sole) responsibility. It becomes difficult to judge. Saying that, we should still be doing much better with the playing resources we have at our disposal!
    The thing is though, we don't necessarily HAVE to make the top two. The only difference between 2nd and 4th is one less tie in the play-offs. Not that I'm overly confident that we will make 4th or win the subsequent ties!

Quote Originally Posted by patlowe View Post
    The thing is though, we don't necessarily HAVE to make the top two. The only difference between 2nd and 4th is one less tie in the play-offs. Not that I'm overly confident that we will make 4th or win the subsequent ties!
    If all you aim for is 4th then that's the best we will get.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Sorry, but finishing behind Hearts is additional failure in my opinion. And we all know the script if we do make the playoff.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    4th also carries the disadvantage of being away from home in the 2nd leg of all 3 potential ties. Not great in the event of extra time and penalties. Winning 3 2-legged ties in the space of a couple of weeks would be a massive ask and like you I find it difficult to be optimistic about our chances. Finishing 2nd would be a good bit better, maybe the rangers will go pop again.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Sorry, but finishing behind Hearts is additional failure in my opinion. And we all know the script if we do make the playoff.
    that is my point too! Failure to gain instant promotion is a massive failure! Sorry again but we used to think not getting third place in the SPL was a failure, then 4th was a failure, then 6th was a failure and finally we have settled to be 4th in the championship! How our standards have fallen!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    that is my point too! Failure to gain instant promotion is a massive failure! Sorry again but we used to think not getting third place in the SPL was a failure, then 4th was a failure, then 6th was a failure and finally we have settled to be 4th in the championship! How our standards have fallen!
    All starts from the top down. Getting relegated from what was quite possibly the worst top league in living memory in Scotland was not just a sacking offence it should carry the death penalty. Who ever made the decision to keep paying Butcher and his "team" needs locked up or strung up.

The fans know that every single dropped point in this league is below the required standard. The players don't. We are weak mentally. And that is why we will continue to drop points and fail to mount a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post

Careful. No doubt someone will be along soon to tell us that we've all got unrealistic expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    The fact we are so far behind Hearts and Rangers already, says it all. Losing to part timers, struggling at home to poor championship teams and - despite the "fact" that people on this forum keep claiming that there are clear signs of improvement - every time I watch the bunch of impostors on the park in that crap strip we now have, we look absolutely dire. How anybody can give him more than 1/10 is beyond me. An odd victory against Rangers means nothing. Thought we would all have realised that by now at least.

I wasn't keen on his appointment and nothing I've seen since convinces me that he is anything but out of his depth, it's only a matter of time before he goes, surely? Unless the "elephant in the boardroom" wants to take us down even further, that is. For Stubbs this is nothing but a nice wee opportunity to play at being a manager for a day or two: for us, it's basically a disaster. If we really were a "big club" with aspirations, we'd be doing everything to get out of the Championship and back into the top flight asap: we're not. Stubbs appointment suggests to me, that the club is also pretending to be a football club. We are not going anywhere near the Premier League with this guy in charge.

Every time? Even on Monday?

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Every time? Even on Monday?

Genau! - Didn't see the Monday game, was on "vacation" -

@hibs.net private member
    I'd give him 6/10.

His signings are looking good, the style of football we are playing is a big improvement on last season and there seems to have been a big uplift in the mood about the team. However, there have been some disastrous results - losing at home to Falkirk and away at Alloa - these are results that simply should not be happening.

He has a lot of work to do but can take heart from the positives outlined above so a 6/10 or B+ seems fair.

Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    Genau! - Didn't see the Monday game, was on "vacation" -
    We also weren't wearing the crap strip

3/10 or 4/10, simply not been good enough so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ** T * Q * M ** View Post
    We also weren't wearing the crap strip
    The crap "away" strip, surely?