hibs.net Messageboard

David Gray may miss Raith Game

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...aith-1-3560133

Will be a bit gutted if he does. The guy seems to have an engine on him and really drives us forward.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EdinMike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Will be a bit gutted if he does. The guy seems to have an engine on him and really drives us forward.
    Personally think he will be out for more than one game. Earliest he will be back IMO would be Livingston on 18th and may be longer.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Wonder if Dylan Mcgeoch could play that role rather than moving Stevenson across?

Assuming Mcgeoch only had a 1 game ban of course

I was wondering if part of the difference in the second half on Monday was down to him being missing. Seems to contribute a lot and has real drive.

@hibs.net private member
    That's a blow as Gray has been a great addition but better he's not rushed back and aggravates the injury further which would lead to a longer spell out. Let's hope we can adapt for the next couple of games and get a fully fit Gray back later in the month!

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    I hope that if he is unfit to play they play the back up to his position rather than squeeze Stevenson or Booth in there.

Surely that is the point of having specific players with back up.
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

He'll be a big miss for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    He'll be a big miss for us.
    Agree, but could be a good chance for one of the young lads to step up to the plate.. regardless of how or who we're playing, the yound lads whould be given a chance if they're good enough

Quote Originally Posted by NorthNorfolkHFC View Post
    I hope that if he is unfit to play they play the back up to his position rather than squeeze Stevenson or Booth in there.

Surely that is the point of having specific players with back up.
    who is his backup? I can only see Forster as a makeshift replacement. Stevenson is limited on the right hand side in my opinion, so it will be interesting to see how Stubbs plays this scenario if Gray is indeed unfit.

First Team Breakthrough Mathias Jack's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GazA1875
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Wonder if Dylan Mcgeoch could play that role rather than moving Stevenson across?

I reckon he could...

We got a lot of joy on that left hand side with Lewis in the first half on Mon, i'd rather he stayed there...

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFamous1875 View Post
    who is his backup? I can only see Forster as a makeshift replacement. Stevenson is limited on the right hand side in my opinion, so it will be interesting to see how Stubbs plays this scenario if Gray is indeed unfit.
    No idea? It possibly was forster. I am not Lewis' biggest fan but is finding a position at LWB so I'd rather keep him there.

Is dunsmore a RB?
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthNorfolkHFC View Post
    No idea? It possibly was forster. I am not Lewis' biggest fan but is finding a position at LWB so I'd rather keep him there.

Is dunsmore a RB?
    Dunsmore is a right back, depends how he sets up though 352 or 442. Think he probably also wants to try and get Kennedy back in the team as well

Quote Originally Posted by EdinMike View Post

oh for crying out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Dunsmore is a right back, depends how he sets up though 352 or 442. Think he probably also wants to try and get Kennedy back in the team as well
    Did Dunsmore not play and score for the under 20s this week - playing in the RWB role?

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Did Dunsmore not play and score for the under 20s this week - playing in the RWB role?
    He did, but it depends on what system Stubbs wants to go with on Saturday

I think he will, unfortunately, revert back to a 4-4-2. Never know though. Would be great to play the same system that has served us well past few games but not always possible. Thing I like about Stubbs is he isn't afraid to try different formations. Personally I believe we're on the right road with him in charge. There will be ups and downs but we must rally behind him when it doesn't happen in games. We have to get out this habit of blaming someone even though us as supporters have been put through the wringer over the years.... My opinion only.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

Lewis gets asked to fill in all the time. He is always willing, but may contribute to vagaries in his own form. If we are settling on 3-5-2 I would prefer him to get a run at LWB.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Callum Crane maybe instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    I think he will, unfortunately, revert back to a 4-4-2. Never know though. Would be great to play the same system that has served us well past few games but not always possible. Thing I like about Stubbs is he isn't afraid to try different formations. Personally I believe we're on the right road with him in charge. There will be ups and downs but we must rally behind him when it doesn't happen in games. We have to get out this habit of blaming someone even though us as supporters have been put through the wringer over the years.... My opinion only.
    With the last two games we were playing teams who would come at us and then swiftly hit them on the break and the system worked superbly well for that. Raith at home is a different challenge altogether as we would expect to have a bulk of the possesion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray-in-ireland View Post
    With the last two games we were playing teams who would come at us and then swiftly hit them on the break and the system worked superbly well for that. Raith at home is a different challenge altogether as we would expect to have a bulk of the possesion.
    I agree, and we don't need 3 central midfielders that we played the other night, will need more width in the forward positions

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Can Kennedy not play on the right as well?

Get Dunsmore in, a lot of good young players were let go in the summer, I'm assuming he was kept for a reason. It's time for him to step up and take the opportunity if it's given, and I hope it is.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    oh for crying out loud.
    It was never in doubt...
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    It was never in doubt...
    If we didn't have bad luck, we would have no luck at all.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Hertz and the rangers both hit this crowd for 4. We should be aiming to do the same. Kennedy is more than capable of playing right wing. Mostly concentrating on attacking, Forster can move across and cover him if necessary. Time we stopped giving these teams so much respect and set out to absolutely pummel them all over the shop, like Hearts are doing at home every single time

Testimonial Due
    Second half at Ibrox was noticeable poorer because of the lack of balance in the team. I'm a huge fan of Lewis Stevenson but he's clearly as adept on the right flank as he is on the left, and Booth isn't as good as Stevenson as left wing back, so it weakens the team significantly to move Lewis across.

Games like this, at home to 'not Hearts or Rangers', I think we should be giving a youngster a chance to fill in. Or play Kennedy there and go a bit more gung-ho down the right than we would with Gray.

I would much rather not risk him. He simply must be available for the Derby.

@hibs.net private member
    Play Robertson or Kennedy on the right and bring McGeouch back in the centre.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Play Robertson or Kennedy on the right and bring McGeouch back in the centre.
    Yeah I think roberston would do a great job there, he was pretty much our best player when he played on the right of midfield just before butcher came in

Main problem with shifting lewis over to the right is it makes him far less dangerous going forward, but at least he's still solid defensively

I felt Gray was the difference on Monday betweent the First and second Half Display.

Was this the deciding factor in today's game?