hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar

We should wear the white strip as first choice kit

We've played ten competitive games this season, and worn our change strip seven times. Can't have been many seasons where that has happened.

The white strip is a million times better than the home one, and feels like you are watching Hibs when they wear it.

Why cant we just admit that the home strip was a tragic mistake and use it only if we play a team in white.

Edit: its 6 white vs 4 home
    Last edited by LaMotta; 01-10-2014 at 08:43 PM. Reason: my abacus wasn't working properly

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I must say I do like the home strip, but the away strip is truely a thing of beauty. Best just to ride it our for the season and hope the club reinstates the white sleeves for our assault on the SPFL next season..

Definitely. The home kit is an abomination.

I'd prefer we played in white.

These pictures sum up the situation:

Forster.jpg
    nelson.jpg

I was thinking the same. We should absolutely wear the white every week.
    I actually think the club now realise the home strip was a big mistake and that's why we are wearing white and green so much.

Another agreement from me.

We look the part in white and it's a colour players generally like playing in as well.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I wasn't a fan of the away top to begin with but it's definitely growing on me.

It's much, much better than the disgrace of a home top we have anyway. It was a terrible decision to go without the white sleeves and they made it even worse by plastering that ugly red sponsor right across the front of it. I'd say this season's home strip must be the least popular we've had in the last ten years at least.

As we had to wear white at the PBS I presume the saviles will have to wear their Argentina imitation top in the next derby?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    We're hibs we should wear a green top. It's not what we wear it's how we play. It's time to put curses and hoodoos to bed and be the team we were on Monday night.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    I was all for an all bottle green top, but this one has been poorly rendered, and the sponsor logo is hideous and ruins what would have been an acceptable top.

Would be happy for us to play mainly in white.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're hibs we should wear a green top. It's not what we wear it's how we play. It's time to put curses and hoodoos to bed and be the team we were on Monday night.

Nobody saying there is a curse - we actually have a better win rate with the home top. It's just that the White strip is far more pleasing on the eye

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Sums up how ridiculous the home top is that it clashes with so many teams. Our home top in season 12/13 was almost clashing with the likes of Dundee but the white sleeves saved it. This home top with black socks seems to clash with maroon, blue and pretty much everyone else in the league

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    Sums up how ridiculous the home top is that it clashes with so many teams. Our home top in season 12/13 was almost clashing with the likes of Dundee but the white sleeves saved it. This home top with black socks seems to clash with maroon, blue and pretty much everyone else in the league

i found it quite difficult at the game v Cowdenbeath when players were at the far side of the pitch

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    It is but I think we as hibs fans get a bit hung up on superstitions

United we stand here....

Could they not just cut the sleeves off the green tops and wear the white strip underneath, problem solved a normal Hibs strip.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    It is but I think we as hibs fans get a bit hung up on superstitions
    It's unlucky to be superstitious

The White strip is awesome. The green strip is honking.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    I've said it before, in my unqualified opinion, there seems to be more misplaced passes when the team is in green. From my seat at ER which is around row K, some players seem to disappear on the pitch, especially when they hug the touchline.
    Perhaps it's mind over matter?

Whoever ok'd that home top should be hung from the West Stand. It is not and never will be a Hibs top. I quite like the away gear, and I'm not generally a fan of many football tops. So it's a yes from me, wear the white and ditch the abomination.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Worth a try. It seems to bring out the best in the guys. I always think it looks like a cheap polo shirt out of BHS.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Worth a try. It seems to bring out the best in the guys. I always think it looks like a cheap polo shirt out of BHS.
    That's what I thought, but the real measure of a football shirt should be how often the team wins in it.

if we win more in the white top, I'll not only like it but buy one to wear.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    the home top simply isn't a hibs top. when arsenal did it, they managed to pull it off somehow - this one just doesn't cut it. it looks like they've forgotten to bring the real team kit and sent someone down to TK maxx.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    I've said it before, in my unqualified opinion, there seems to be more misplaced passes when the team is in green. From my seat at ER which is around row K, some players seem to disappear on the pitch, especially when they hug the touchline.
    Perhaps it's mind over matter?
    I started a whole new thread on this a week or so back and got poo pooed.

Quote Originally Posted by Niffy View Post
    I started a whole new thread on this a week or so back and got poo pooed.
    Same here a while back about dismissing this as a factor.

I remember some research a few years ago on what colour was best to play in. What colour would stand out best when making a pass, spotting runs, firing out long balls or cross field passes. Unsurprisingly the answer was bright reds, whites, orange. Greens and browns came out bottom.

When we built the new East it transformed the stadium into a background of green. So we now play in green against a background of partially empty green seats on a green pitch.

We might as well use camouflage to hide. We have a poor home record and no-one has ever worked out why.

Would it be an idea to at least try the white strip at home?
    Last edited by RIP; 02-10-2014 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post

I remember some research a few years ago on what colour was best to play in. What colour would stand out best when making a pass, spotting runs, firing out long balls or cross field passes. Unsurprisingly the answer was bright reds, whites, orange. Greens and browns came out bottom.

When we built the new East it transformed the stadium into a background of green. So we play in green against a background of partially empty green seats on a green pitch.

We might as well use camouflage to hide. And we have a poor home record and no-one has ever worked out why
    Makes sense to me. I have always thought that teams who wear black kit start with a disadvantage especially under floodlights.

The first Hibs Kit was a white Shirt. We could change to white and call it a 'tribute to our founders'.

Gotta be more believable than a bottle green top being a tribute to the Famous Five..... who played in Emerald Green wth white sleeves.

Original Kit......

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post

When we built the new East it transformed the stadium into a background of green. So we now play in green against a background of partially empty green seats on a green pitch.

We might as well use camouflage to hide. We have a poor home record and no-one has ever worked out why.

Would it be an idea to at least try the white strip at home?

Sir Alex quickly got rid of Man U's away grey kit for that same reason, the players just blended into the background and made it more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    The first Hibs Kit was a white Shirt. We could change to white and call it a 'tribute to our founders'.

Gotta be more believable than a bottle green top being a tribute to the Famous Five..... who played in Emerald Green wth white sleeves.

Original Kit......
    The bottle green is quite nice as a historical artefact but that's as far as it should go.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenblood70 View Post
    Whoever ok'd that home top should be hung from the West Stand. It is not and never will be a Hibs top. I quite like the away gear, and I'm not generally a fan of many football tops. So it's a yes from me, wear the white and ditch the abomination.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    This made me laugh out loud, can't beat a bit of dramatics.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post

Original Kit......
    The spurious claims about Nike 'working closely with us' to design a kit that honoured the Famous Five was embarrassing marketing bs that most of us saw through straight away.

Yet another bad misjudgement from Hibs, and as it happened on LD's watch she needs to take accountability for it.

We know our history, and we know what a cheap template kit looks like - don't try and con us please.