hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough Thomson's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Thomson8508
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Subscribers in the UK and ROI have access to all videos, interviews, full match replays, highlights, and archived footage. Live commentary also.

Overseas subscribers should have live streams for all home games and selected away games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ahh, so it's not changed? Was just curious as to whether uk subscribers were going to receive live streams or if it was still outside the uk.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Thomson View Post
    Ahh, so it's not changed? Was just curious as to whether uk subscribers were going to receive live streams or if it was still outside the uk.
    Broadcasting regulations I think.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkonghibee View Post
    "Apologies for the unforeseen delay and its difficult explaining to supporters based outside the UK and ROI just how difficult it is to get something as simple as a broadband line installed in a stadium (or home for that matter) because it does seem to be a problem unique to these shores." I'm intrigued ! What is so uniquely bad about UK and ROI internet service providers that it takes months to install a broadband line? Whats so difficult to explain? Could someone who lives in UK explain this to us, as it seems our Club cannot!
    I wondered that as well. I've never had a problem getting Internet installed in any of the three times I've moved in the last 10 years. Always had it within 7 days.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    Hibs TV and the people who run it are rank amateurs who completely and utterly out of their depth.

It's silly wee boys thinking they are somebody's but in reality they are nothing more than con men for a club that takes money under false pretences.

I completely gave up on them a long time ago and suggest any overseas subscriber not to touch them with a barge pole.
    The service is run by fans and none of them were paid and they all do it so overseas fans can watch games. It appears the problems are down to the provider rather than the staff.

But there is absolutely no excuse for the staff ignoring emails from fans or for the repeated lies and broken promises. It's a kick in the gonads on top of the teams performances recently. Hibs TV are taking a bad situation and making it worse.

First Team Breakthrough Thomson's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Thomson8508
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicer View Post
    Broadcasting regulations I think.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Why cant Andrew or someone else put a piece on the official website explaining to everyone whats going on?

Its surely not that difficult?

Agreed. Communication is still awful. Why cant Hibs TV send an email to all overseas subscribers explain the situation? If Andrew Sleight has time to email individuals, why cant he send one email to all of us? Also why is there nothing on the news section of the official site about it? And yes, what is the patronising responses to reasonable emails all about?
    Agreed. I can live with paying for it as it's a donation to the club, and I can accept teething problems but I shouldn't have to log on here to find out the game previously advertised as being aired live is no longer happening. Last official line was in August saying the service would be up in September. September has been and gone and no word. Just let us know! Apologies if I'm covering old ground.

The club would like to apologise to our overseas supporters because unfortunately due to ongoing technical issues outside of our control Hibs TV is unable to broadcast a video stream of today’s game.

The club is working tirelessly to try and resolve these problems and Hibs TV will update subscribers on Tuesday as to a timeframe.

As you can all appreciate, this is massively frustrating and Hibs TV thanks all of our overseas supporters for their patience and understanding.

The upcoming away match at Livingston (Saturday 18 October, kick off 5.30pm) and the Edinburgh Derby (26 October, kick off 12.15pm) will definitely be broadcast live via a high quality video stream while there is a strong likelihood that the Scottish League Cup quarter final tie against Dundee United (29 October) will also be shown live.

From the hibs TV section of the site.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyle89 View Post
    The club would like to apologise to our overseas supporters because unfortunately due to ongoing technical issues outside of our control Hibs TV is unable to broadcast a video stream of today’s game.

The club is working tirelessly to try and resolve these problems and Hibs TV will update subscribers on Tuesday as to a timeframe.

As you can all appreciate, this is massively frustrating and Hibs TV thanks all of our overseas supporters for their patience and understanding.

The upcoming away match at Livingston (Saturday 18 October, kick off 5.30pm) and the Edinburgh Derby (26 October, kick off 12.15pm) will definitely be broadcast live via a high quality video stream while there is a strong likelihood that the Scottish League Cup quarter final tie against Dundee United (29 October) will also be shown live.

From the hibs TV section of the site.
    Why wait until 2.05pm on day of match to give us this information? Also why cant they fully explain the " technical issues outside our control" ? Its typical of the poor communication from HibsTv to only give these vague reasons - a full explanation of the problems they have had to get a broadband cable laid to Easter Rd for months would be more informative and would be good customer relations.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus Fring View Post
    I wondered that as well. I've never had a problem getting Internet installed in any of the three times I've moved in the last 10 years. Always had it within 7 days.

The service is run by fans and none of them were paid and they all do it so overseas fans can watch games. It appears the problems are down to the provider rather than the staff.

But there is absolutely no excuse for the staff ignoring emails from fans or for the repeated lies and broken promises. It's a kick in the gonads on top of the teams performances recently. Hibs TV are taking a bad situation and making it worse.
    This is a Hibs management issue and should rest squarely on Leeann Dempster's desk.

First Team Regular
    Another change to official site. Audio starting at 2.55pm not 2.30pm as previously stated. No reason given of course.

Another change to official site. Audio starting at 2.55pm not 2.30pm as previously stated. No reason given of course.
    Third Lanark are promoting their name better in the global market.

Cliff Pike on the audio explained that BT have been slow to install a line. Can anyone check this out with BT and find out why they are delaying doing something that would take 48 hours or so in any other western industrialized country. Is the works manager a yam or something?

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    Cliff Pike on the audio explained that BT have been slow to install a line. Can anyone check this out with BT and find out why they are delaying doing something that would take 48 hours or so in any other western industrialized country. Is the works manager a yam or something?
    Don't know a huge amount about specifics around this but have worked for telcos and call centres. As you'll appreciate here's a difference between a residential and commercial line. For certain guarantees around QoS (quality of service) certain services will need to be supported otherwise the preexisting issues HibsTV internationally folks have experienced will remain. It's more easy if things are already in place but if this means a road needs dug up then that requires (or did require) permission from council etc which takes time.
    Where I worked we were fortunate to have good relations with KPN (BT equivalent in Holland) so could pull a few strings as we did a lot of business with them due to our business requirements. However other organisations won't necessarily be so fortunate. That said we do have an ex-telewest man as a non-exec director :)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Don't know a huge amount about specifics around this but have worked for telcos and call centres. As you'll appreciate here's a difference between a residential and commercial line. For certain guarantees around QoS (quality of service) certain services will need to be supported otherwise the preexisting issues HibsTV internationally folks have experienced will remain. It's more easy if things are already in place but if this means a road needs dug up then that requires (or did require) permission from council etc which takes time.
    Where I worked we were fortunate to have good relations with KPN (BT equivalent in Holland) so could pull a few strings as we did a lot of business with them due to our business requirements. However other organisations won't necessarily be so fortunate. That said we do have an ex-telewest man as a non-exec director :)
    I guess since the service doesn't involve UK based Hibs fans BT won't have to worry about anyone putting up a fuss to OFCOM. Just in case anyone overseas has relatives at home who might do the job for them the page to read on OFCOM's website is this one I think. Maybe a wee letter to the newspapers might move things along a bit too - "BT causing Hibernian FC to commit wire fraud".

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    I assume this isn't the case of installing a simple router in a house. I think the problem with this was the line wasn't fully capable of the load it was asked to carry so requires an awful lot of work. You only need to see how slow they've been carrying out the fibre optic changes to see they're not exactly on the ball or in any great rush.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    If it was BTs fault, why have Hibs not just explained that to us?

It would not be quite so bad for me if Hibs made an effort to provide a decent commentary. In the 98th minute we were at last told in which direction we were playing. Glancy has simply not got a clue. If the ball goes out of play we should know where and incidentally every tackle cannot be a "sliding tackle". Cliff could perhaps run a training course on how to commentate.

As for the expert remarks. I never thought that I would wish for the return of Boozy but I do.

I mean no offense to these fellow Hibs supporters but the commentary is just not acceptable

First Team Breakthrough KazHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    It would not be quite so bad for me if Hibs made an effort to provide a decent commentary. In the 98th minute we were at last told in which direction we were playing. Glancy has simply not got a clue. If the ball goes out of play we should know where and incidentally every tackle cannot be a "sliding tackle". Cliff could perhaps run a training course on how to commentate.

As for the expert remarks. I never thought that I would wish for the return of Boozy but I do.

I mean no offense to these fellow Hibs supporters but the commentary is just not acceptable
    I'd imagine they've read the Hibs web site and believe that we can actually see the match, that's how it feels anyways!

Where's David Francey when you need him!

I think a few of them okay. The two that done Ross County didn't sound too bad?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    just received an e-mail telling me they've taken another £5.99 for this month, i cancelled the DD on the paypal site approx 5-6 weeks ago so it's obviously not enough to stop unsubscribing, you have to e-mail them instead must be the only site on the internet that you can't unsubscribe from the site itself, strange how you can subscribe no problem but have to go different routes to unsubscribe

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    just received an e-mail telling me they've taken another £5.99 for this month, i cancelled the DD on the paypal site approx 5-6 weeks ago so it's obviously not enough to stop unsubscribing, you have to e-mail them instead must be the only site on the internet that you can't unsubscribe from the site itself, strange how you can subscribe no problem but have to go different routes to unsubscribe
    They don't make it easy, that's for sure.

If you feel like this- then don't listen. It's quite simple really, but 'personnel' abuse is not needed.

Just read a post on the Oz Hibs Facebook page, saying that Hertz and Livi have got their respective TV/internet links up and running which makes this shambles even more for those overseas . Poor show from Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by OsloHibs View Post
    If you feel like this- then don't listen. It's quite simple really, but 'personnel' abuse is not needed.
    I humbly apologise if my post is taken as personal or indeed "personnel" abuse. It is certainly not intended as such.

As for simply not listening I, like many others, simply want to know what is happening to Hibs every week. That is what I pay for. A commentary which fails to describe where the ball is when it goes out of play for instance is probably, as you imply, not worth listening to.

Hibs TV Commentary

The commentator whom you refer to as Glancy is my son whose name is Martin. He and all the rest of the team do this on a voluntary basis. The only thing they get out of it is watching Hibs play although that is nothing to shout about.

I have never listened to Hibs TV as I am at the games but to single out an individual who is volunteering to help is bang out of order. Nobody expects you to like every commentator but they are not professionals and are doing something for the club they all love and support. As you are based abroad I think that next time you are back at Easter Road you should volunteer your services to commentate on a game and maybe you will be less critical in future of any individual who is only trying their best.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyMiller View Post
    They don't make it easy, that's for sure.

fair do's to them, i received e-mail this morning refunding the £6 and unsubscribing me

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BG23 View Post
    The commentator whom you refer to as Glancy is my son whose name is Martin. He and all the rest of the team do this on a voluntary basis. The only thing they get out of it is watching Hibs play although that is nothing to shout about.

I have never listened to Hibs TV as I am at the games but to single out an individual who is volunteering to help is bang out of order. Nobody expects you to like every commentator but they are not professionals and are doing something for the club they all love and support. As you are based abroad I think that next time you are back at Easter Road you should volunteer your services to commentate on a game and maybe you will be less critical in future of any individual who is only trying their best.
    i find it a great way of listening to the games, if i wanted to i could have listened to forth 1 on saturday but i much prefer the hibs bias we get from the hibs tv team.

Saying that i couldnt stand it when boozy was shouting and screaming oohlala at the top of his voice when we got anywhere near the oppositions 18 yard line.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I think Martin does just fine with the commentary, there's a lot of paid commentators who would do well to reach his standards.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I think Martin does just fine with the commentary, there's a lot of paid commentators who would do well to reach his standards.
    Indeed in the few short excerpts I have heard, seems very good, knowledgeable and passionate.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    I can understand subscribers points about the commentary not being descriptive enough

I had the same thoughts during the start of this year

I found Martins comm fine when I was watching the game live, but could give out more detail when we cant see the game (simple things, like where the ball roughly is when its a throw etc.....not a criticism as such, im sure if reads this - he might just think....yeah, ok, i'll try that next time

Its great we have guys like him who volunteer

However, you must understand some peoples frustrations due to:

1. We pay for this service

2. we were promised live games, which seem to be pushed back again and again

Maybe some of they frustrations are starting to boil over a tad