hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: BT Coverage

'S' Form

BT Coverage

Never in my life have I heard or seen such a one sided programme of punditry.

It was absolutely dreadful so much so that you would think Rangers where playing Rangers.

Comments from 'Hibs setting up not to get beat here' to the 10 mins of waxing lyrical about the threat David Templeton will add BEFORE coming on and doing hee haw in the end.

The countless shots of The Rangers support (that where there) then the drivel at the end of the game from 4 bells trying not to say 'Aye it was a clear Penalty'

Stubbs was a class act at the end but Fat Swally wouldnt come out to face his 'pals'

Hibs leathered Rangers and there was nothing lucky or fortunate about it. Well done Stubbsy nothing short of what you deserve.

2. Log in to remove the advert

If BT want to do one sided coverage then that's fair enough - it's their business. Different if the BBC do it.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Just before kick off a split second cut to a drummer with the no surrender tshirt.
    That's an Editorial decision. Doing controversy is easy but it covers up for other lackings. Pathetic.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just before kick off a split second cut to a drummer with the no surrender tshirt.
    That's an Editorial decision. Doing controversy is easy but it covers up for other lackings. Pathetic.
    To be fair, I reckon they were cutting to him as he had a drum, and then just so happened to have that on the back of his T-shirt. They cut away VERY quickly. Found it quite funny.

They just couldn't believe that Hibs had won tho. They just kept on going about it.

I actually thought they were fairly honest with the penalty and possible red card decisions. 3 of them said it was a certain pen and a red to both. Only TheRangers player Kenny Miller said it wasnt a pen or red cards.

The weegie woman who couldn't keep her eyes open @ 10 mins I think.. priceless

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Firstly I am very glad that BT Sport covered the match otherwise I would't have seen it..so that was good. Secondly Stuart Lovell was pretty fair throughout.

However…having a current rangers player on the pundit team is just ludicrous !!! how can you have a player from one of the teams as part of the commentary..in the end it came back to bite them as poor wee Kenny Miller looked totally embarrassed having to slag of his team mates and the whole thing was beyond awkward.

Listening to the commentary for Rangers v Hibs was very much like listening to Rangers playing a European side. The focus was ALWAYS on Rangers..what they did well..what they did badly..how they can make changes in the 2nd half..a few grudging comments of respect about the funny foreign team that they don't know much about..then back to Rangers again. It really was like watching Rangers TV…oh well they can talk all they like….we still stuffed them

First Team Regular West hamBERNIAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evergreen86 View Post

It was absolutely dreadful so much so that you would think Rangers where playing Rangers.

Comments from 'Hibs setting up not to get beat here' to the 10 mins of waxing lyrical about the threat David Templeton will add BEFORE coming on and doing hee haw in the end.

The countless shots of The Rangers support (that where there) then the drivel at the end of the game from 4 bells trying not to say 'Aye it was a clear Penalty'

Stubbs was a class act at the end but Fat Swally wouldnt come out to face his 'pals'

Hibs leathered Rangers and there was nothing lucky or fortunate about it. Well done Stubbsy nothing short of what you deserve.

It's been the same for years. Espn was the same or worse. I think they just see it as pleasing the majority of viewers being rangers or Celtic. Hate it. That was the most blatant pen I can remember last night, he was sliding in what seemed to be slow motion and if it were they would have been slating the ref.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    It's the just the age old mindset that when one the Old Firm are playing, the opposition are there to make up the numbers. Everything is viewed from a Rangers/Celtic perspective and whether the result/performance was good or bad for them.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

In an article in the Daily Mail decrying the Ryder Cup the writer said what people in Scotland really wanted was Celtic versus Rangers for real passion!Obviously he felt let down at the lack of the Sash or Derry's Walls at Gleneagles.Similarly at the beginning of the season the Glesca Meeja were all making Clyde favourite for promotion just because Ferguson had taken over-echoed by the BBC of course.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    In an article in the Daily Mail decrying the Ryder Cup the writer said what people in Scotland really wanted was Celtic versus Rangers for real passion!Obviously he felt let down at the lack of the Sash or Derry's Walls at Gleneagles.Similarly at the beginning of the season the Glesca Meeja were all making Clyde favourite for promotion just because Ferguson had taken over-echoed by the BBC of course.
    They thought it was Alex Ferguson.

They actually gave Miller an extra 30 seconds to get Boyd off the hook for his head thrust/butt.
    Headbutts don't count if the heads are nearly touching he said.
    No kenny Miller and BT sports.What you mean is headbutts don't count if it's a rangers player doing the butting.

I'm not so bothered bout BT Sport tbh. Craigan , whose an arse, was actually not too bad and Milker did say we were the best team they had played against.

I'd rather have BT Than those ****ing roasters on Sportsound....... Who will be absolutely spewing at our result last night.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    If BT want to do one sided coverage then that's fair enough - it's their business. Different if the BBC do it.
    As they're new to this, BT are just taking examples of the long-standing football channels and realised established ones like the BBC get away with their unbridled love of all-things 'Old ****' so it's good enough for them !

Btw, one of those plums said (pre-match) that 'Super-Salary' was 'unbeaten against Hibs in 5 games' - surely that's wrong ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    I'm not so bothered bout BT Sport tbh. Craigan , whose an arse, was actually not too bad and Milker did say we were the best team they had played against.

I'd rather have BT Than those ****ing roasters on Sportsound....... Who will be absolutely spewing at our result last night.
    Totally agree. Craigen seems to have a clear agenda against Hibs for some reason, but even he, grudgingly, didn't over-critisize them as much as he usually does. Him aside, I still rate BT considerably higher than anything Sportsound comes up with. I should also say that the prize for annoying little twat of the year is still retained by David Currie.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post

They were. It was great listening

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    They were. It was great listening
    Good. I've not listened to that program for over 2 years.

Long may it continue

First Team Breakthrough
    The programme is set up for a Rangers win, that's the flaw here. The "coverage" at Starks when they played Raith a few weeks back went bang to script as they won handsomely and fat Ally even came out after game and was "interviewed" by panel pitchside....cheeky chappy Ally was there for all to see after such a win which meant he could say things like "aye we were right good tonight" "and "Boydy has that in his locker" and "wee Blacky got right involved" and "Big Lee gives you that commitment" basically the usual pash you'd expect from an amateur Manager.

If they lose then let them awkwardly stumble through the post match analysis, it's funny to watch.

@hibs.net private member
    Tuned in to the last 10 minutes of Sportsound, which basically consisted of a single uninterrupted lament from Chic Young on the depths to which The Rangers had now fallen. For a St Mirren fan he appeared somewhat upset at the state The Rangers found themselves in. Barely a mention of the opposition at all in that last 10 minute segment.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evergreen86 View Post

Pathetic, they even managed to mention the year 1902.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    Tuned in to the last 10 minutes of Sportsound, which basically consisted of a single uninterrupted lament from Chic Young on the depths to which The Rangers had now fallen. For a St Mirren fan he appeared somewhat upset at the state The Rangers found themselves in. Barely a mention of the opposition at all in that last 10 minute segment.
    He did a similar thing at half time slating half the sevco team and detailing changes that should be made to spark a second half comeback. Like you say, for a "buddies fan" he seemed somewhat emotionally involved

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Pathetic, they even managed to mention the year 1902.
    I heard that too.Apparently we beat rangers 5-2 in 1902.i tell ye, if i ever get my hands on a flux capacitor.......

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    He's a wee Hun to his core. Sounds suicidal when they lose.

First Team Breakthrough Persevere80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    I heard that too.Apparently we beat rangers 5-2 in 1902.i tell ye, if i ever get my hands on a flux capacitor.......
    Haha. That made me laugh.

http://www.myfluxcapacitor.com/putting-it-all-together Here's your guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Persevere80 View Post
    Haha. That made me laugh.

http://www.myfluxcapacitor.com/putting-it-all-together Here's your guy.
    Brilliant.now if only i could get my car upto 88 mph.

Not BT sport but one of the commentators on sportsound, Derek Ferguson I think, said at one point "Rangers are starting to knock the ball around a lot better now... Really pleasing to watch."
    Impartial as ever our BBC!!!

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    In the build-up, the BT presenter, Darrell Currie (?) was walking down the touchline in the half The Rangers were warming up in and commented on them practicing shooting and with a completely straight face said something along the lines of "Let's hope they're accurate in the match".
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Totally agree. Craigen seems to have a clear agenda against Hibs for some reason, but even he, grudgingly, didn't over-critisize them as much as he usually does. Him aside, I still rate BT considerably higher than anything Sportsound comes up with. I should also say that the prize for annoying little twat of the year is still retained by David Currie.
    What about Liam McLeod?
    Last edited by TheFamous1875; 30-09-2014 at 10:36 PM.

I've got to be honest and say Stephen craigen aside I normally don't mind the BT sport coverage but last night's programme was scandalous.

Everything seemed to be pro-Rangers and anti-Hibs. Derek Rae who is normally quite decent would've be less biased if he just came out and said "come on a Rangers". The examples that come to mind were talking about Ian Black's terrific record v Hibs whilst with Hearts. This is only half the story as there was no mention of Black's less impressive record v a Hibs with Inverness,

Rae also seemed to take great delight in telling the audience which Hibs players grew up Rangers fans and who they went to the games with as a boy, he even mention McGeouch who was even playing.

I actually thought the only pundit to take any credit last night was Kenny Miller who was brutally honest about his own teams failing and complimentary about Hibs at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFamous1875 View Post
    What about Liam McCleod?
    Oh yes, McLeod every day of the week. He hates us for some reason.