hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: 3-5-2

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

3-5-2

Suits us well. Credit to Stubbsy for trying it with us and credit for seemingy pulling it off.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I never thought it would work in Scotland, due to its supposed weakness against the long diagonal ball. Looks like I was wrong, so far anyway, Lewis and Grays energy on the flanks and of course Stubbs must deserve credit.

I think the last time we played it was with Eck McLeish when we were in 1st Div then when we got back in the SPL.

The 3 central defenders were absolutely immense. Headered absolutely everything.

Stevenson particularly first half was absolutely outstanding. I've been his biggest critic for lack of end product going forward. 3 assists in a week though. Let's keep seeing that on a more regular basis.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Have to surrender a lot of space in when wide areas when defending but when you're as compact as we were in the middle and handle cross balls as well as we did, that's not a problem. Rangers had a load of corners in the second half but I think we only didn't win the first header at one of them, we were dominant in the air.

Going forward we were superb.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    Thought they played it really well on Tuesday night but gave the ball away loads. Much better tonight. Gray and Stevenson play their role very well. Gray in particular imposes himself going forward. Great to see .

First Team Breakthrough Persevere80's Avatar
    The formation does seem very organized. I just hope we don't get found out too soon for other managers to prepare for us playing 3 at the back but I like the idea of Stubbs saying he would like to try out several formations to suit who we play.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have to surrender a lot of space in when wide areas when defending but when you're as compact as we were in the middle and handle cross balls as well as we did, that's not a problem. Rangers had a load of corners in the second half but I think we only didn't win the first header at one of them, we were dominant in the air.

Going forward we were superb.
    This.As long as we don't make silly mistakes we will continue to be very difficult to beat using this system.