hibs.net Messageboard

Testimonial Due RoslinInstHibby's Avatar

boardwalk empire

i know this was touched on the "lost" thread, but wanted to give it thread of its own......

i love this show, it's one of my favs, but really not liking this final season....almost to the point of giving up on itanyone else not liking it?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hwuhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i know this was touched on the "lost" thread, but wanted to give it thread of its own......

i love this show, it's one of my favs, but really not liking this final season....almost to the point of giving up on itanyone else not liking it?
    Going to watch episode 3 later on. On the basis of the first 2 I'm not enjoying it as much as the previous seasons but I'm definitely going to stick with it. Can't really be bothered with the flashbacks to Nucky's past though. Here's hoping it's a slow burner and comes good in the end

I'm enjoying this final season, always compelling stuff although I do find it strange they wait til now for these flashbacks. Having said that....they usually deliver on tying everything up come the end.

Interesting to see the likes of Elliott Ness and Joe Kennedy coming into it too. I did find the Chalky scenes all a bit clichéd mind, black criminals threatening white women...

Anyway, looking forward to final 4 episodes. But I can't help view this show as a missed opportunity. A good but not truly great show - never quite hitting the heights of Sopranos or The Wire IMO. The lives of Luciano and Lansky (plus Bugsy Siegel) could've been an amazing story all by themselves, just feel they've been short changed over 5 seasons.

Tried to get into it but gave up on it after series 2. Think the having to wait between episodes had something to do with it though so might give the boxset a bash.

Al Capone shows up and the show instantly improves, would love them to do a spin off show showing his rise during the 7 year gap between season 4 & 5....so much history to cover there

tbh i think the major problem (apart from the flashbacks) is that season 5 has a huge Richard size hole in it.....he was by far my fav character

First Team Regular West hamBERNIAN's Avatar
    I'm still enjoying it although I've only watched first two episodes so far.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    The final season is definitely picking up now, I absolutely love this show to be honest. Agree about the Richard sized hole, he was a brilliant character.
    I don't mind the flashbacks but I don't think they were needed. I'm looking forward to how they bring everything together at the end.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

😨😨😨😨 erm yeah.....picking up a bit now!!

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    That'll be that then. Season 5 improved as it went imo and the end brought a few things together quite well. Could have been worse