hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Bernard Hopkins

Bernard Hopkins

48 years old and just won yet another world title.

Total d1ckhead but what a fighter.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Did you watch the Abraham v Smith fight PB? I've seen some repugnant scorecards in my time but all 3 scorecards are up there from that fight, utter disgrace. Boxing's my favourite sport, but I sometimes wonder what the point is sometimes.

And then boxings ugly side shows itself in Germany with Paul Smith on the receiving end of an absolute farce of a decsion.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you watch the Abraham v Smith fight PB? I've seen some repugnant scorecards in my time but all 3 scorecards are up there from that fight, utter disgrace. Boxing's my favourite sport, but I sometimes wonder what the point is sometimes.
    Yep shocking.

I had it 115-113 Smith. Could even have accepted that the other way but 119-109? No chance. Abraham was finished from round 9 onwards. He looked at the big screen for the time left at least 4 times in the last 2 rounds. I half expected a draw to save Abrahams skin but my jaw just about hit the floor when I heard those scores.

Not the 1st time this has happened and won't be the last though. It's been really bad in Germany the last couple of years as well.

He was blowing out his arse from the middle of the 8th. 10 round margin is beyond anything I've seen, can't think of a worse scorecard, I also had it by 2 to Smith. I'm gutted for Paul, that was a world class level performance. No wonder German fighters don't travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    And then boxings ugly side shows itself in Germany with Paul Smith on the receiving end of an absolute farce of a decsion.
    Not so sure he won but the margin on the scorecards? Wow
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Not so sure he won but the margin on the scorecards? Wow
    Split decision or losing by 1 or 2 rounds I expected from the judges. Abraham was fighting in bursts, I like fighters to be busy and pressuring their opponent, probably why I had Smith winning. But yeah, 10 rounds from that judge, obscene. Did I hear on Sky right that that particular judge is barred in the US?

Disgraceful decision by the judges. The governing body should hold their heads in shame.

My only surprise was that Craig Thompson wasn't remotely involved in the the decision

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Anyone watching tonights boxing, if the lad from Leeds get beat here there could be a riot.

Ricky Burns on just before this fight, won it but looked a poor Burns.

Josh Warrington is certainly a lad to watch out for, he will pack out Elland Road if he gets the chance to fight there, great atmosphere from the Leeds crew.

Burns looks shot. Looked ok in the 1st couple of rounds but huffed and puffed against a total journeyman.

Warrington looked very impressive.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Burns looks shot. Looked ok in the 1st couple of rounds but huffed and puffed against a total journeyman.

Warrington looked very impressive.

Considering it was only a 8 round fight he really did struggle last night.

Bit of a beating for Hopkins last night.

Took Kovalev the 12 rounds which considering he has never been beyond 8 before and Hopkins is 49 is no mean feat. Says he has no plans to retire either.