hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AGM Protest

AGM Protest

Thecat23 (see below) has suggested that a boycott of one home game will show our feelings to our club. However, many will not support that.

I propose an alternative form of peaceful protest that will not affect the income to our club, but will show our disenchantment with our Board.

I call on all shareholders who plan to attend the AGM to come dressed in a Hibs top from years gone by. To an era when Hibs really did deliver the product we all deserve. The one rule is not to wear this seasons football strip and last seasons should be banned too. The wearing of an 'old' Hibs top is a message that we have no faith at all, not one iota, in our Board or owner to deliver the product we all deserve.

What do those attending the AGM think? I don't want to be the only one in an 'old Hibs top!

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Out of interest would you boycott one home game to show that as fans enough is enough. Hurt the owner and the board. Sounds harsh but the sooner he sells the better off Hibs will be.

It's very clear now that Hibs Farmer doesn't care for this club. I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea I wouldn't have done before I don't think but I can't take this anymore!
    GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

Why not dress up as RP, an Oliver Hardy look will do fine.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    A protest outside the stadium by those not attending the AGM I imagine would be on the cards.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    If I can make it up I will do it.need the date to be announced. Usually november in time to sack the manager?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Im not a shareholder but i would be behind any sort of peaceful protest against the board and owner of our club.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    If I can make it up I will do it.need the date to be announced. Usually november in time to sack the manager?
    It is usually either side of the October schools holidays, this time starts on the 13th October.

Why don't sharwholders turn up at ER but refuse to enter the AGM?

None of us have any power anyway and any proposals are backed or rejected on STF and RPs say so. Outwith the Q&A at the end our attendance is superfluos. We won't learn anything from the Q&A either.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by AFKA5814_Hibs View Post
    A protest outside the stadium by those not attending the AGM I imagine would be on the cards.
    Why not for those outside and those inside wear the 'old' Hibs strips to show our disenchantment with the Board.

Huge vote of no confidence the best option surely?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    When is the AGM

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

None of us have any power anyway and any proposals are backed or rejected on STF and RPs say so. Outwith the Q&A at the end our attendance is superfluos. We won't learn anything from the Q&A either.
    No! We have to turn the heat on our Board. I will not miss this AGM for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by zlatan View Post
    Makes no odds.

STF and Rod will just vote it down. I understand you are probably suggesting it is the act more than the outcome but they must know how the fans feel by now surely.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Makes no odds.

STF and Rod will just vote it down. I understand you are probably suggesting it is the act more than the outcome but they must know how the fans feel by now surely.
    They'll say it's not their fault, LD is in charge

Quote Originally Posted by zlatan View Post
    With the majority of the shares with STF & RP, a vote would only show less than 5% (or whatever the % is) are actually not happy with the Board's performance.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I've got a Carlsberg top - once worn and once spewed on. I think that would be most appropriate for the occasion. And do you get tea and biccies if you only have a £50 shareholding? - this is important.

Makes no odds.

Which is why I suggest the 'old' Hibs top option. Shows our love of our club, a desire to get back to the 'old' days and our disenchantment of the Board.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    I've got a Carlsberg top - once worn and once spewed on. I think that would be most appropriate for the occasion. And do you get tea and biccies if you only have a £50 shareholding? - this is important.
    You sure do! Be there and show your disenchantment with the Board.

See southsiders post on todays match thread. That's got it potentially on the agenda. Definitely a small %age held by ordinary shareholders but there could be a very high number of individual hands shown, not great publicity for the 2 majority shareholders.the strip idea inside and outside is a good one.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Why not for those outside and those inside wear the 'old' Hibs strips to show our disenchantment with the Board.
    Could be a plan, hopefully my auld tops still fit me. 😄

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Which is why I suggest the 'old' Hibs top option. Shows our love of our club, a desire to get back to the 'old' days and our disenchantment of the Board.
    Is this the old days how the club was run or the old days that has brought us 2 cup trophys in a zillion years and no one alive that seen us win the SC.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    Is this the old days how the club was run or the old days that has brought us 2 cup trophys in a zillion years and no one alive that seen us win the SC.
    The Dryburgh cup is also a counter in my eyes but the term grasping at straws comes to mind.

Its when we used to win quite a few games and / or play better football than we have been, especially when we were in the second tier of Scottish football.

Sir Matt Busby

would be happy to turn up for a protest outside the AGM for non shareholders ... would have an impact if the protest outside could be heard inside during proceedings

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    The protests should start at our next home game, lets let Petrie & co no that they are not welcome at our club any more and we want them out, banners, card display's and anti songs towards Petrie.

Make it a very uncomfortable day for them.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

not when there's free sandwiches and tea on offer

AGM protest wont matter a toss ,empty the stadium then they will either listen or sell

IMHO, the only issue about boycotting games in protest is that RP/STF/'The Club' in general already have the ST money in the bank (over 7,000 sold as per Hibs) so it would only really have an impact on the players, who look, to me, like they don't really need any more encouragement to play badly

Quote Originally Posted by cad View Post
    AGM protest wont matter a toss ,empty the stadium then they will either listen or sell
    But that is not going to happen. Far too many Hibs fans love Hibs for that to happen. That is why I thought of the AGM protest.

@hibs.net private member
    UOTE=silverhibee;4176695]The protests should start at our next home game, lets let Petrie & co no that they are not welcome at our club any more and we want them out, banners, card display's and anti songs towards Petrie.

Make it a very uncomfortable day for them.[/QUOTE]

By Petrie and co you mean Petrie and Farmer. But he won't be there. Take a leaf out of his book. Boycott BTG, the catering, the merchandise, the programme and anything else that props up this decaying regime.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    In the old days we had directors like the late Tom Hart who put his own money into the club. Is it any coincidence that area produced a very special Hibs team. Changing tact slightly that the last really top class youngster we have produced was Fletcher and we have not produced another like him since John Park left for Celtic.