hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Boycotted three season tickets. Wasnt the only one. We are going backwards and I genuinely cannot see what will make a difference to these erses.

Same old, same old. For years we've worked as a strange team whereby our team has been largely ****, save for our forwards. We shipped a ton of goals when we has Riordan and O'Connor to save us by battering them in at the other end. We some the same and had the same reliance on sparky more recently.

Now we have no such talisman and we're ****ed. Who to blame?? Whoever didn't replace like for like. As simple as that. Could've been done but we choose to invest our money wrongly.... And we're still paying the price. And we always will til we sort the priority positions in our team and club.....

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough Moon unit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Out of interest would you boycott one home game to show that as fans enough is enough. Hurt the owner and the board. Sounds harsh but the sooner he sells the better off Hibs will be.

It's very clear now that Hibs Farmer doesn't care for this club. I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea I wouldn't have done before I don't think but I can't take this anymore!
    Don't you see it...at least 5,000 are Boycotting every week!!!
    if Hibs were playing attractive football and producing the goods, that's probably a rough estimate of fans including walk ups who would be enthused enough to attend!
    The club should realise this..... don't need no PHD to understand this one!..

Quote Originally Posted by Moon unit View Post
    Don't you see it...at least 5,000 are Boycotting every week!!!
    if Hibs were playing attractive football and producing the goods, that's probably a rough estimate of fans including walk ups who would be enthused enough to attend!
    The club should realise this..... don't need no PHD to understand this one!..
    It's clear fans are turning their backs on the club and who can blame them. Like you said playing good football brings fans back.

Hearts are scoring for fun and look how packed their ground is each home game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's clear fans are turning their backs on the club and who can blame them. Like you said playing good football brings fans back. Hearts are scoring for fun and look how packed their ground is each home game. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think that unless we have a massive up turn in fortunes (can we really see this at this moment in time??) we will be consigned to at least another season in the Championship.

This will mean reduced revenue..... TV money and I have no doubt less than 5000 ST. Quality over quantity???? We won't have any money for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    I think that unless we have a massive up turn in fortunes (can we really see this at this moment in time??) we will be consigned to at least another season in the Championship.

This will mean reduced revenue..... TV money and I have no doubt less than 5000 ST. Quality over quantity???? We won't have any money for that.
    Correct Aldo, there is no way Hibs will be going up this year and I said it ages ago we are the Leeds of Scotland. Staying down for more than a season could see us crippled and may not return for years.

Correct Aldo, there is no way Hibs will be going up this year and I said it ages ago we are the Leeds of Scotland. Staying down for more than a season could see us crippled and may not return for years.
    Unless the rumoured signing of Sparky can provide the catalyst for a change in fortunes I agree totally. (Papering over the cracks unfortunately)

STF is the saviour of our club however him and RP have ripped the soul out of the club in the last 7 years with their mismanagement.

If they are both still here this time next season (which I suspect they will) then I cannot see them being ousted or bought over anytime in the foreseeable future.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I have a ST and will still go to all of the remaining home games. I wont however spend another penny on watching Hibs, plenty of away games are pretty close yet I wont even consider attending them, had an offer yesterday of a lift to and from Dumfries but wouldn't entertain it.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Assuming hearts and rangers go up this season and we only sell 5K season tickets next term, That is still a bigger budget than any other team in the league, We sure as hell aint going up this season but their should be no reason whatsoever not to go up next season.

Nothings going to change, the fans can't stick together. The board won't take any notice and things will continually get worse. It isn't the fans fault that the team are guff, it's the boards but unless the fans can actually stand shoulder to shoulder and make the board take notice then nothing will change.

Haven't read the entire thread so, sorry for that lol.

We found that boycotting a game didn't help, our chairman couldn't care less (and that was for more than just a single game) and it led to in fighting amongst supporters.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Assuming hearts and rangers go up this season and we only sell 5K season tickets next term, That is still a bigger budget than any other team in the league, We sure as hell aint going up this season but their should be no reason whatsoever not to go up next season.
    Oh believe me, our board will make an reason.

"Given the quality of the opposition the Club felt it would be acceptable to lower the playing budget for this season ALSO YOU DIDN'T BUY ANY SEASON TICKETS IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT"

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmith1875 View Post
    No. A boycott is totally counter productive, not to mention utterly detrimental.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why would it be counterproductive. There's nothing productive right now. Detrimental? Again, there's nothing really working so I don't see what there is to undermine.

I think it's been said many times but it bears repeating. The suggestion is for a single match. The point of which is to send a message and also get some publicity. It will affect the players, maybe, for one game. The message being sent is not to the players, it's to the club.

It's a very personal decision and one that people should not be challenged over. People should and will do what their heart tells them.

I think the best alternative to an empty stadium is one very full, loud stadium with the fans making their feelings clear. Trouble with that is the club would ignore the message while patting themselves on the back for filling the seats.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsMax View Post
    Why would it be counterproductive. There's nothing productive right now. Detrimental? Again, there's nothing really working so I don't see what there is to undermine.

I think it's been said many times but it bears repeating. The suggestion is for a single match. The point of which is to send a message and also get some publicity. It will affect the players, maybe, for one game. The message being sent is not to the players, it's to the club.

It's a very personal decision and one that people should not be challenged over. People should and will do what their heart tells them.

I think the best alternative to an empty stadium is one very full, loud stadium with the fans making their feelings clear. Trouble with that is the club would ignore the message while patting themselves on the back for filling the seats.
    Whats the worst that can happen, we lose the game? Christ we have plenty of experience in losing games, its hardly the end of the world.

We have tried everything else, its time all the fans showed the club they will not put up with this any longer.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Whats the worst that can happen, we lose the game? Christ we have plenty of experience in losing games, its hardly the end of the world.

We have tried everything else, its time all the fans showed the club they will not put up with this any longer.
    Correct.

We've turned up in numbers and given our unconditional support when the club has asked, and what have they done? Oh yeah, lost game after game, despite massive (undeserved) attendances - Malmo, Kilmarnock & Hamilton to name a few. 15,000 fans mugged.

Not only this, we have continually kept season ticket prices at top 5 Premiership level after we were RELEGATED TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP and refused to spend any money until we, the fans, have coughed up as opposed to showing ambition and buying players before we commit.

Even when we do buy players we have to wait week after week until all our nearest rivals have fully settled squads ready for the season while we're scrambling around on deadline day buying youngsters on loan and journeymen. I do not believe that all season ticket money goes toward the playing fund. I think a significant amount is held back and that our chairman (not our chief executive) has final say in timing of deals, transfer funds and wage negotiations.

This club have taken our support for granted and treated us like mugs despite unconditional support. I fully support a one game boycott as it would show this board what they'll miss if they continue to screw us over, and what they deserve.

If rangers and hearts arent in the league do you think we will still get away with charging £405 for a ST?
    We will be hard pushed to get 5k if we do.

Maybe we should think about a mass walkout if some are not interested in a boycott, from what I can remember, Aberdeen did this a while ago and I think it was around the 60th minute or summit like that.

Nope
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Hear what you are saying Andy but we are getting a doing of teams who are part time and play on plastic pitches because they are cheaper to maintain than the real thing, their grounds are cow sheds and they think the Yams riccarton field is the maracana.

Our ability to match anyone is not driven by how much money we think we have or how much more we pay our players, its about how much is left to spend on new players after we have blown most of it getting rid of prior years dodgy signings and appointments.

Factor in on top of that how much the so called lower league opposition have been licking their lips in anticipation of our lot turning up................how much money we have ain't that important, It's the mentality on the pitch and how its organised.
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 21-09-2014 at 07:40 PM.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Would it not be better to do a walk out so he would see everyone do it,it needs to be in big numbers or it wouldn't work

I think its difficult to know what to do.demos outside the stand usually is enough to get rid of managers etc but i think we need a nuclear bomb to get rid of petrie

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbibri View Post
    No boycot from me either as no matter how much I/we want change at boardroom level the poor sods on the pitch are MY/OUR team and especially at this time they need our support as frustrating as it is/has been.
    Why not get a massive show of big A4 red cards all round the ground to show our displeasure ?
    I know I've always said I will support Hibs through thick and thin but the present mob are taking the p!ss !!!
    I agree with this idea. I have paid for my Season Tickets and I use Easter Road as a naughty chair for the kids misbehavior during the week. I can make them hold red cards up as further penance.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbibri View Post
    No boycot from me either as no matter how much I/we want change at boardroom level the poor sods on the pitch are MY/OUR team and especially at this time they need our support as frustrating as it is/has been.
    Why not get a massive show of big A4 red cards all round the ground to show our displeasure ?
    I know I've always said I will support Hibs through thick and thin but the present mob are taking the p!ss !!!
    I think this would be a great idea, I suggested it on the PM board a few weeks ago. Who knows what Petrie would think about it but at least it would show we actually gave a monkey's about the sorry situation we're in.

Although I stayed away for a couple of games at the end of the Calderwood era, no way would I boycott now, I can't think of anything better to do on a Saturday afternoon other than watch Hibs, no matter how pish we are. Not even for one game.

Why not have a huge turnout the next game and about 1 min before kick off, everyone one of us just gets up out of our seats and start piling out of the ground, a mass exodus, it'll show the directors and the players exactly our feeling, we show them with our feet by turning our back on them.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas Iscariot View Post
    I've not been since the play off game & not intending to go back anytime soon..

Nowt will change at the club if the fans do what they've always done..

A mass no show protest could do no harm
    Unfortunately I'm the same. The play off game just really took it out of me. I made a vow to myself not to go back until I felt the club actually cared and this was reflected in the team on the pitch. Prices being kept the same was another huge blow. With Dempster coming in I began to hope again but decided to give it a few games this season and nothing seems to have changed.

I'm saving for a house, car, wedding, holidays etc at the moment and cant justify spending £22 to watch Hibs any more. In fact I ended up paying £44 a few times last year as the only way I could get someone to come along with me was to pay for their ticket.

To be honest though I've been saving for those things for a few years now but always managed to get to the majority of home games, even if I didn't have a season ticket. Something just broke in me after the play offs in a way that didn't happen after the last relegation, Malmo, cup final vs Hertz etc.

I realised on Saturday that it was the first weekend I can ever remember where I didn't know who we were playing. To be fair I was at a wedding but years gone by I would have been sneaking off to check the score on my phone. I got back late yesterday afternoon and just remembered we had a game on then. I hate saying that but my dad who has supported and attended games longer than I have been alive hasn't been for 2 years now and isn't interested in going back either. Ditto my brother.

Massive credit to those turning up week in, week out but I just feel drained and dejected everytime I watch Hibs now and I can't keep spending that kind of money on something that I dont enjoy.
    Last edited by neil7908; 22-09-2014 at 10:18 AM.