hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    First Team Breakthrough John_the_angus_hibby's Avatar

Should the SFA now merge with the FA for team UK?

Quote Originally Posted by JOD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We are the first nation ( and a stress nation) ever to turn down the chance to be an independent country. We are the laughing stock of he world. The rest of the world cannot understand why we would do this????? At the next Scotland game how can we stand and sing an anthem '' Flower of Scotland'' when given the chance we said '' No Thanks'' Edinburgh our capital was a disgrace. Having said that went to Glasgow today to see the worst Unionist violence and bigotry I have ever seen in my life. Even worse than the Huns/Diet Huns coming to us. So in my opinion let us go back in our box become the North of Britain and sing God Save The Queen and live happily ever after. Just to bring it home to you NO voters you are now British First and Scotland 2nd. Make no mistake about that. So when someone asks you what are you ? you answer I'm British otherwise you are a hypocrite.
    We also did it in 1979 so there is a president. I see so many dummies bring spat out. It just demonstrates that British identity is still too strong. It will either be reinforced or continue to weaken and independence will come. Coming from the low 30%s did anyone really believe it would cross the line adding another 15-20% by waving flags, being cheery and denying risks? The fact that 45% voted for it was amazing. The Indy camp can now build on that. There are fundamentalists (now at any cost) and gradualists. The latter are winning.

Let's just get on with football.

For the record I am A British Scot, and proud of both. It's who I am and I don't apologise. However I am hugely pissed off with Westminster in terms ranging from social policy, justice and economics/industrial policy. Same starting point, different road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

And funnily enough I could never support a British football team, too English! Go figure.

@hibs.net private member
    If I had known there was an option of a President (and no queen) I reckon I'd have been a yes.

Quote Originally Posted by John_the_angus_hibby View Post
    We also did it in 1979 so there is a president. I see so many dummies bring spat out. It just demonstrates that British identity is still too strong. It will either be reinforced or continue to weaken and independence will come. Coming from the low 30%s did anyone really believe it would cross the line adding another 15-20% by waving flags, being cheery and denying risks? The fact that 45% voted for it was amazing. The Indy camp can now build on that. There are fundamentalists (now at any cost) and gradualists. The latter are winning.

Let's just get on with football.

For the record I am A British Scot, and proud of both. It's who I am and I don't apologise. However I am hugely pissed off with Westminster in terms ranging from social policy, justice and economics/industrial policy. Same starting point, different road.

As far as integrating the Scotland team into a GB team is concerned, I think it will happen. I'm glad you are so optimistic, I, for the record, am not. I see no reason why there will be any steps taken towards home rule. The Westminster politicians have got what they wanted so nothing else needed. When Boris Johnson and Farage are running the UK it'll be interesting to see quite how British you feel then.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    If I had known there was an option of a President (and no queen) I reckon I'd have been a yes.

One of the green pledges that it will fight for in an iScotland.

Next time...

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    As far as integrating the Scotland team into a GB team is concerned, I think it will happen. I'm glad you are so optimistic, I, for the record, am not. I see no reason why there will be any steps taken towards home rule. The Westminster politicians have got what they wanted so nothing else needed. When Boris Johnson and Farage are running the UK it'll be interesting to see quite how British you feel then.
    You are correct re a never of points and in terms of my position. I admit I have voted with my heart while my head is saying "one chance". But also though I love in Scotland I am as often in London as I am Glasgow and often in Germany and France with my teams. I bend more towards European Federal. Perversely this result may quicken a Britexit which is an anathema to me. ****ing politics.....

Still don't agree about losing the Scotland team.