hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeesLA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Santa Monica, CA. Been here 16 years and have 2 kids (14 and 11) that have been brought up everything green. Play football with a couple of Celtic guys from Glasgow. I've managed 3 cup finals in that time, and a couple of games if I manage to get back to the UK for work during the season. Wife is uh... 'supportive' I guess of the affliction, and has accommodated much shouting at 4am games from time to time.

Other than GreenLake, I'm sure I saw a couple of other people in/near LA.
    Was there on business about a month ago and thought highly of the place :)

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeesLA View Post
    Santa Monica, CA. Been here 16 years and have 2 kids (14 and 11) that have been brought up everything green. Play football with a couple of Celtic guys from Glasgow. I've managed 3 cup finals in that time, and a couple of games if I manage to get back to the UK for work during the season. Wife is uh... 'supportive' I guess of the affliction, and has accommodated much shouting at 4am games from time to time.

Other than GreenLake, I'm sure I saw a couple of other people in/near LA.
    I lived near Oxnard for years but moved into LA January, just along the road near the end of the Marina peninsula where I live a quiet and peaceful life.

I saw three cup finals since leaving home too but all before moving to the US. We won one and lost two. Love watching Hibs live early morning and eff and sea during the game but try not to wake up my wife as we soon start losing goals and playing shyghte when she is awake.

Have lived on the Canadian prairie for 22 years. Living in Taber, Alberta, the corn capital of Canada. One Hibby, one Hun and a sheep fan is what we have for expat football fans, and a lot of locals who follow the English game. But not me

Quote Originally Posted by cjward2 View Post
    Have lived on the Canadian prairie for 22 years. Living in Taber, Alberta, the corn capital of Canada. One Hibby, one Hun and a sheep fan is what we have for expat football fans, and a lot of locals who follow the English game. But not me
    Been In Calgary (off and on) since 2000. There's me and my uncle Ross plus "Calgary Hibs" Ken as well as Tommy Clarkson.
    There might be a couple more...I hope!

Met some other Hibees at a Proclaimers gig a few years back which was great.

Any other Calgary or Canuck Hibees give me a shout!

Cheers'
    Dave

@hibs.net private member
    Berkeley, San Francisco Bay Area, been here 7 yrs since marrying a local.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Salisbury Hibby View Post
    Good to hear that there are a few Hibs fans co-located in some far off places. I live in Wiltshire and don't know any other Hibs fans down here. I have a neighbour who is a Celtic fan but he gets on ma tits.
    Chippenham in Wiltshire for me. Been here 10 years. Previous to that I lives in Bath since 1989 when my Dads job moved us all down South. Obviously my Dad Bathhibby still lives in Bath.

J

@hibs.net private member wandering_hibee's Avatar
    Only as far as Portknockie on the Moray coast, but the 4 hour drive to Edinburgh can make feel like thousands of miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by mikewynne View Post
    Are you allowed to call someone a local in SFBA? I thought it might be politically incorrect. Isn't she a Demographic American?

First Team Breakthrough
    Work in Saudi Arabia, live in Bahrain and my permanent residence is now Praia da Luz in Portugal. Muddy Murphy's has closed down for those Singaporean ex- expats.

Quote Originally Posted by wandering_hibee View Post
    Only as far as Portknockie on the Moray coast, but the 4 hour drive to Edinburgh can make feel like thousands of miles away.

As we've now got Easyjet Flights to Edinburgh, I can probably get to ER quicker than you, so that's a fair comment.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by SaudiHibby View Post
    Work in Saudi Arabia, live in Bahrain and my permanent residence is now Praia da Luz in Portugal. Muddy Murphy's has closed down for those Singaporean ex- expats.
    Booooooooooooooo! The Sportsman was better anyway. :-). However I am not sure if that is still going as the guy who owned it sadly passed away a few years ago. Met Brummie in there a few years ago. Totally slung my anchor now though. Home sweet home forever.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86
    Beautiful part of the country. Was up there in April for a week. We stayed in the cottages above the harbour, sea breeze or something. Weather was smashing and all 20 odd of us had a great time we have already booked up for next year!

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Ever bump into John "HTH" Inglis?
    My mother in law used to live down near San Diego, but never managed to make it into the city itself when visiting to go for a pint. Last time I saw John was actually in the Persevere before last years Cup Final.

Quote Originally Posted by SaudiHibby View Post
    Sounds like an absolutely cracking tax dodge

On which note, I make up the membership of 1 of the Zurich Hibs Supporters Club. Lived in Lyon and Oxford beforehand. Get to cup finals and games at Xmas. Last game I saw in the flesh, we absolutely skooshed past Killie 3-0 and even Lewis Stevenson scored a raker.

I understand things have gone a wee bit south since then though
    Last edited by lyonhibs; 18-09-2014 at 07:36 PM.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Used to drive down to ER from Lossie. It`s a hell of a long way. Moray is stunning. Lived there for a few years and return every July. Feels more like home than Edinburgh, where I grew up.

Two Hibees here in Sao Paulo (including me). Came here 7 years ago and leaving my season ticket behind was one of the hardest things of all. Really miss going to ER.

I watch all the games I can and always enjoy browsing on here. Always block buy tickets for all home and away games when I come back for a month in December/January.

One question though: is GlobalHibee a global Hibee?

Bay Area

Quote Originally Posted by mikewynne View Post
    mike, nice one. Berkeley is lovely. If/when there's a big game we should try watch together.

im in sf.

steve

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Hibees View Post
    mike, nice one. Berkeley is lovely. If/when there's a big game we should try watch together.

im in sf.

steve
    I'm in! :)

Just recently moved to Kampala, Uganda. Not the easiest place to watch Scottish Championship football...

Well a big rap for the hibs.net site and its many posters, as it has become the 'local' for lots of expats who can't first hand get a feel for what's really going on with our beloved club. Its great to get a feel for how widespread we all are. And i thought I was the only one who gets up in the middle of the night to follow a match!

Quote Originally Posted by Green Diet View Post
    Well a big rap for the hibs.net site and its many posters, as it has become the 'local' for lots of expats who can't first hand get a feel for what's really going on with our beloved club. Its great to get a feel for how widespread we all are. And i thought I was the only one who gets up in the middle of the night to follow a match!

Best time for me and it becomes almost like a continuation of my dream - or perhaps in these days I should I say nightmare!

South London. Fortunately I have good transport links to Quinn's although we're that **** at the moment that none of the TV channels want us.

Promising Youngster
    >I was just wandering how far and wide Hibs expat fans are spread across the world that, despite the georgraphy, still follow every kick of every game.

Madison, Wisconsin. Been here 34 years. Pretty fizzed off at Hibs currently - paying more attention to that other green team up the road - the Packers.

First Team Regular GORDONSMITH7's Avatar
    In the St. Patrick's Hibernian Supporters Branch we have members in Scotland, England, N. Ireland, Wales, Rep. Ireland, USA, Canada, Sweden, Norway, The Netherlands, Germany, Qatar, Australia, New Zealand.

http://hiberniansaintpatricks.co.uk/

GGTTH

BIG G