hibs.net Messageboard

Good pubs for private parties?

I'm getting married in Edinburgh later this year. We're looking for a pub for the day after the wedding so we can have drinks and catch up with anyone that is up for another day of celebrations.

We're fairly flexible but ideally the place would be central, have a separate room or area that we can have to ourselves, not be absolutely rammed, not have music that you need to shout over, serve food and decent beer.

I've not lived in Edinburgh for a while so don't know where to start. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Canons gait and the white horse on royal mile hire out their basement and back rooms respectively. Safari lounge at abbeyhill does too but its quite small.

Priory in Morrison Street is a good bar with a downstairs bar for functions

The outhouse broughton street lane. don't know if they do food but I'm sure they'd let you do your own. it's upstairs from the main bar and has its own sound system that you get to choose the music.

Been at a couple of private parties at the Voodoo Rooms at the East End lately. Couple of private rooms available.

Nice place, you get control of the music in the room, nice food if ypu want it, not the best draught beers though and quite pricey.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Safari Lounge at AbbeyHill has a great room through the back with its own bar and some cracking beers

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage
    Just saw this, but Canons' Gait is good, I used to work there, only issue would be that it can either be absolutely roasting or freezing cold downstairs. Can't remember how much it was to book, but the whole downstairs area is pretty big and you can get an iPod on a surround sound system too.

Cuckoos Nest on Home Street is good too, free to book and the staff are all really friendly. The beer is expensive though.

There are a number of choices including the Newsroom, The Golf Tavern, Kilderkin (formerly Jenny Ha's) and all the ones listed by other posters.

Thanks to everyone that got back to me Some old haunts there that I'd completely forgotten about. The list is now with the missus for final selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eyed Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks to everyone that got back to me Some old haunts there that I'd completely forgotten about. The list is now with the missus for final selection.
    The Wash on the mound hire the upstairs, had my 30th there and was very good, had food in there also before and was decent.

Enjoy your day(s)